'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

4. BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER

ImageHandler.jpg?itok=wq4w_YXu

giphy.gif&ehk=hSMozglTgv5taVIWlPpE97Ml88ZlUP9GvkkP7kuAht8=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

DIANA: 1

PUBLIC: 3

DEREK: 4

GIGI: 10

JC: 10

WALLACE: 12

DIANA

This was a pretty easy number one for me. It is a show I can watch over and over and never get tired of. Buffy is iconic. Willow is Iconic. Xander is well Xander. You have got Spike and Angel (personally I was team Spike so shrugs) I think I loved every single season but I think season 3 and 5 were my favorites. So many iconic moments and heartbreaking ones too. I don’t think it’ll win this rankdown but it does deserve to be in my top spot for all the entertaining it has give me and I f*cking love Buffy so much. She is one of my favorite TV characters of all time.

DEREK

Buffy is one of my favorite shows of all time. Duh, I chose this for the TV Characters rankdown. I feel like Buffy making the Top 3 of the other TV rankdown means it would be a predictable winner here. Maybe that's boring, but I'm not a huge fan of the other shows that I think could win. There's a couple I like. Lol I should just put this at #1 and hope for the best but I won't, only because of the other shows here that I have to rank higher. I'm also wondering if anyone else is going to majorly tank this. Chris put this at 16 in the other rankdown and said it was because this is a 90s show and he's never seen it. Does that mean he's going to rank it high because this is a 90s rankdown or tank it completely because it's a show he hasn't seen and a threat to win? Who knows.

Anyway, I know Joss Whedon is not in anyone's good graces in the modern age. His particular brand of sexism was a bit more... uh, covert for a while. Lately he's a clown. But I have no problem giving him props for what he achieved with this show. He invented modern screenwriting dialogue with Buffy. The strong female character of Buffy was something that was extremely hard to come by at the time. The complexity that he put into the character and the things he did with the plot were amazing. The Body episode. Once More With Feeling. Hush. Also, the way that Joss mixed in camp with the show is amazing. Drama, comedy, fantasy, action, camp. The first season or two were EXTREMELY heavy on the camp, but it evolved into something that is amazing and this show is one of the greats.

GIGI

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a supernatural drama series based on a film of the same name.  It was created by Joss Whedon.  It ran from March 10, 1997 to May 20, 2003. That was seven seasons and 144 episodes. It aired on The WB and UPN. The series follows Buffy Summers (Sarah Michelle Gellar), the latest in a line of young women known as "Vampire Slayers". Slayers, or the "Chosen Ones", are chosen by fate to battle against vampires, demons, and other forces of darkness. Buffy wants to live a normal life, but as the series progresses, she learns to embrace her destiny.  The show was a success for the WB.

JC

Buffy! Sarah Michelle Gellar! Cruel Intentions! I used to watch this show, probably another one because there were hot guys, and I enjoyed this show, but I am having a hard time remembering specific plots so this is getting a lower ranking even though I remember loving it. It was one of those shows that I watched a lot but never rewatched so it gets a top 10 ranking but no special treatment lol. Probably not a show that my parents should have let me watch, considering my mom was religious and hated Halloween and thought it was the devil's holiday, so she was not fond of vampires, witches, etc. So I had to watch this show in secret. Anyways, I like SMG more in Cruel Intentions but obviously she is most well known in our generation for this show. And she does a good job with her acting in this, but probably not someone I would go to bat for in a rankdown. But this is already a really good ranking for nostalgia and history.

WALLACE

Congrats to Buffy the Vampire Slayer on being the only show to make it to the Top 20 on both the 90s and 2000s TV Shows rankdown, I knew this show would be a shoo in to make it to the finals here. And let's be real, I'm sure we all saw that coming. It was also never nominated in this game, and was only nominated once on the 2000s show, so it's clearly a beloved show on IDF. I won't do a full fledge write-up like last time, but I do love Buffy the Vampire Slayer even though I haven't properly watched it in so long. I love how the show has a great mix of action, violence, romance, friendship & relationship drama, supernatural drama and everything else in between. I also really love Buffy and think she's such a great character with a lot of layers to her.

I do wonder if Buffy the Vampire Slayer can pull off the win this time. I'm not personally rooting for it this time, as I'm more passionate of other shows in this final group. But I wouldn't be mad if this does end up winning, as I do still love this show. And another show I really need to rewatch again soon.

• Steven_ changed the title to '90s TV Shows Rankdown (#4 Posted)

Lmao I'm sure people will come for me regarding Buffy, even before reading the posts in here. 🙈

I do still love Buffy and pleased it made it this far, as I knew it would. I just happen to love some of the other shows more.

I did expect it to rank higher than 4th, and likely would have with the sisters rankings.

16 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Wally. 🙄

What? #12 isn't a bad ranking, and I loved 16 of these shows in this Top 20.

And I wasnt the only one to give it a middleish rank.

14 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Hoping for a Friends win, but I think it's gonna be Boy Meets World.

I remember there being outrage when it was cut in the 2000s rankdown (in, like, the Top 40) when it had only even aired 11 episodes in the 2000s. :rofl:

I'm predicting BMW to win here as well.

8 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Lol now it's 1, 2, and 20 :dead:

Omg this is amazing. :dead:

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

So did The Nanny, and y'all had no problem robbing that!

You do know The Nanny would have been even lower and missed the Top 5 with sisters rankings, right?