'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

5. THE NANNY

tileburnedin?size=1280x720&partner=hbomaxcom&host=artist.api.cdn.hbo.com&w=1280

jordanblink-fran-drescher.gif

PUBLIC: 4

GIGI: 5

JC: 6

DIANA: 7

WALLACE: 7

DEREK: 14

GIGI

The Nanny aired on CBS from November 3, 1993 to June 23, 1999.  The star of the show is Fran Drescher as Fran Fine, a fashionista from Flushing, New York that becomes a nanny of three children.  The show was created by Fran and her husband at the time, Peter Marc Jacobson.  The show earned a Rose d'Or and one Emmy Award. The cast also includes Charles Shaughnessy, who plays British broadway producer Maxwell Sheffield, Daniel Davis is the butler Niles, C.C. Babcock (Lauren Lane), the children, Maggie (Nicholle Tom), Brighton (Benjamin Salisbury), and Grace (Madeline Zima). Fran's mother, Sylvia Fine was played by Renée Taylor.  In the series finale, Fran marries Maxwell and they have twins. Niles and C.C. also end up getting married.

JC

Gotta love Fran Drescher ❤️ I can't help but love her and any of her shows. She had many spinoffs and I would watch those as well, especially the one with Ryan McPartlin obviously because YUM 😛 Anyways, Fran Drescher has the most iconic voice in sitcom history. Everyone knows her voice, and it has legit become a household voice. What a queen! She has made so many guest appearances in other shows, but obviously this is her most notable show. I definitely have not watched this as much as others in the top ten. However, she gets an automatic bump for her spinoff show Living With Fran which I watched religiously due to Ryan McPartlin. She is just one funny lady and that voice makes everything more amusing. She is definitely the queen of the nasally voice. Only Janice from Friends can rival her. Anyways, glad to give this show a top 10 ranking!

DIANA

Another iconic show of the 90’s when we really think about it so many of our shows have made a huge statement of that time so we really didn’t do too baby. The Nanny is an sitcom which originally aired on CBS from November 3, 1993, to June 23, 1999, starring Fran Drescher as Fran Fine, a Jewish fashionista from Flushing, Queens, New York, who becomes the nanny of three children from the New York-British high society. It’s just a wonderful great show. Fran is iconic in this role and deserved all the awards! She is a legend really. I am on 7 of 10 100 words write up so I am tired haha but truly iconic show and I am ranking it in my top 10 for a reason.

WALLACE

The Nanny had a pretty easy sail through into the finals, and I am very glad about that. What I'm kinda sad about was how The Nanny was nominated on that first random noms round, because that ruined its perfect track record of never being nominated. Ugh, so close. :/ But seeing this show never nominated otherwise, made me confident for its chances to make it to the end here! This is another one of the many shows of this group of finalists that I grew up watching and loving when it aired!

The Nanny is a comedy that aired on CBS for 6 seasons and 146 episodes from November 3, 1993 through June 23, 1999. The show stars: Fran Drescher (as Francine Joy "Fran" Fine), Charles Shaughnessy (as Maxwell Sheffield), Nicolle Tom (as Margaret "Maggie" Sheffield), Benjamin Salisbury (as Brighton Sheffield), Madeline Zima (as Gracie Sheffield), Lauren Lane (as Chastity Claire "C.C." Babcock), Daniel Davis (as Niles), Renee Taylor (as Sylvia Fine) and Ann Morgan Guilbert (as Yetta Rosenberg Jones / Grandma Yetta). For those of us that have watched this show, we know Fran is the absolute STAR of the show. She is freaking hilarious with that recognizable annoying voice and laugh. :dead: Even with that, you can't help but love her. I loved how much she loved and was infatuated with Maxwell aka Mr. Sheffield, but he was always resistant of her for as long as he could be. But even Max knows he couldn't resist her forever as they would get together. Another fun relationship on the show was C.C. and Niles, both of whom would say some shady and snarky comments towards the other especially Niles toward C.C.. They had this hate/hate relationship with each other (in a fun way), but of course they eventually know and find out that they have feelings and really do love each other. :haha: Then I also love all of the different personalities of the kids. And then Sylvia (Fran's mother) and Yetta (Fran's grandmother) are also really hilarious and fun characters too. :haha: 

The Nanny is such a fun and classic show, and I'm so glad it made it here in the finals!

DEREK

Fran is an icon. I never had a great attachment to the show, though. To me this is a kind of random sitcom that doesn't really need to be in the Top 20, especially up against much better shows and better sitcoms. But if I had to pick 20 sitcoms to make the finals, I suppose that this would make the list.

• Steven_ changed the title to '90s TV Shows Rankdown (#5 Posted)
10 hours ago, Alex95 said:

1,2,4,9,20 from my public vote 👀

Omg your #20. :dead:

But I think we all know what show that is. :giggle:

9 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

He popped off. Mad!Wally is the best. You know when @*Wallace goes off on someone they deserve it. :haha:

Oh gosh. :blushingwave:

4 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

I already like this ranking more. :wub: Can you 10 through 6 before you reveal the actual Top 5? ❤️

You of all people should like that ranking more, of course. :dead: :haha: