'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

2. FRIENDS

76764-new-37.jpg

a62.gif

DEREK: 2

JC: 2

WALLACE: 5

DIANA: 6

GIGI: 8

PUBLIC: 14

DEREK

I only have DVD box sets for three TV shows, and Friends is one of them. Look, I know it's trendy to hate on Friends lately. Like I said in the thread: if you are one of those people who are like "Friends is sooo stupid like without the laugh track it would be so awkward, it's so overrated and The Office is the best show in the world" then obviously you have literally zero idea what a studio audience is and have no idea how to understand comedic timing with a live audience so I don't have time to waste trying to get you to understand. If you're one of those people who decide you don't like something if too many other people like it, then I also have no time for you. If you are one of those people who just don't think it's that funny... well, good for you, comedy is subjective. If you're one of those people who say the show has aged badly and is kind of problematic... well I guess I have time for you because that's actually a decent argument even though I am personally able to look past some of those flaws and still appreciate the show a lot.

I have re-watched this more times than I should, and even on very recent re-watches I am pleasantly surprised at how smart and funny the show remains to this day. Is some percentage of that just comfort and familiarity? Probably, but I also think those aspects are important and can be hard to come by. But what about some of the problems with the show??? There are many and I have no issue acknowledging some of the big ones.

Gay panic / homophobic jokes

An unfortunate trope that this era of television relies on WAY too much are the jokes that are pretty much fully homophobic. Two men cannot interact with one another without some sort of jab or fear or "no homo" or whatever else about homosexuality. Has my life objectively been made worse by the prevalence of this type of humor in media? Absolutely. Is some of it funny to me? Yeah, I guess. But some of the stuff, particularly poking at Chandler's masculinity and sexuality has always rubbed me the wrong way. Friends shouldn't get a pass for this kind of stuff, even if Friends was not the only media obsessed with gay panic humor. We still see it today as well. This combined with the extreme fetishization of lesbians and women who like women... not cute. 

Diversity

Not a lot of representation for people of color, especially for a show set in New York City. They tried later on to include characters, but honestly stuff like Gabrielle Union and Aisha Tyler did feel a bit forced. There was a sassy black coworker to Monica in the first couple episodes... lol. Sherri Shepherd came on as a crazy character... Otherwise the show kind of fell into that trope where the only black people are in positions of power, like managers and bosses and administrators. Kind of sad that Friends only took some teeny tiny steps toward inclusion. Also where are all the other races?? lol mess. Friends also had a problem with LGBT diversity IMO. I mean, yes Susan and Carol could have been a great example but were often not taken seriously. Who is there besides that? Phoebe's gay husband who turned out to be straight? Chandler's bisexual drag queen father? Tbh them casting a woman to play Chandler's father was a bad idea and did nothing to make people understand queer culture whatsoever. Phoebe's mom was in a thruple but that was never explored. Winona Ryder came in to play a closeted lesbian and that was just a punchline. Mess. I expect more from a show with a gay man as the co-creator, co-writer, and executive producer. But I also have to give David Crane props for creating this massively successful phenomenon. 

Joey

Everyone hates on Ross (he's coming) but Joey to me has also aged pretty badly. The misogyny is a lot. The way he treats women and interacts with women has always been icky. Some of his plotlines have aged worse than any other, IMO. And at the end of the day we're supposed to see him as some lovable guy? No. 

Ross

Is Ross the worst lead character in the history of television? No, don't be silly. Is he the worst lead character that the audience is supposed to like? Well, maybe he can be part of that conversation lol. Ross has always been a douche and irrational and I think the show does a good job at times of making him the butt of the joke for his bad qualities. He gets called out by the other characters a lot, and as he gets flanderized toward the end of the series it happens more. Where it gets kind of weird is the beginning when we are supposed to be rooting for him to get together with Rachel, and there's no real reason why she should like him except that he has a crush on her. The whole "she's his lobster" moment used to be this big emotional thing and now I watch it and thing "wtf why should Rachel date him just because he was willing to take her to prom and she had no idea at the time, that's not even... anything lol." But yeah, I think Ross is written to be ridiculous and the butt of the joke a lot and so because of that I don't think he's aged THAT much worse than Joey.

There's more to say but I'll stop now lol. Those are some of the cons... I'll just briefly touch on the pros. The lead cast is used brilliantly. All share the stories and there's no lead among them. They are all masters at comedic dialogue, timing, line reads, physical comedy (lol even Matt LeBlanc at times). The jokes can be genuinely funny. The way they put the show together and re-write lines to get the best audience reaction is an amazing creative process and worked really well. The best episodes of Friends are some of the best episodes of television ever made. It has always been my favorite comedy and because of nostalgia it remains my favorite today. 30 Rock and Veep will eventually overtake it as I continue to re-watch everything. But in a 90s TV Show rankdown, I think this absolutely deserved the finals. It is objectively better than so much of the garbage sitcoms I had to tolerate in this game. This will get huge tanked scores, I'm sure. But thanks to Chris for forgetting to do a final cut and thanks to the randomizer for leaving this alone.

JC

I heart Friends so much. Living in NYC and constantly comparing me and my friend group to Friends was always a thing. I am totes the Phoebe ❤️ except not really, but she's my absolute fave, adore that betch!!! I am probably more the Monica than anyone else with a sprinkle of Joey thrown in lol. Anyways, the only main character that I hated was Ross, could not stand him. He was so fricking annoying. I do not understand why he was the main guy? He was not good looking and any looks he did have were overshadowed by his terrible personality. Anyways, I loved that this was set in the city and I am an NYC boy at heart forever and always, and it is so nice to see them on the streets of New York. I have watched every episode pretty much 20 times at least. Some of my favorite moments are obvs PIVOT, we were on a break, 1-7 sex spots, and anything Phoebe ever did :wub: This was out when I was a child, but I obvs did not watch it until college, but then once I did, I legit would not stop watching it and had it on in the background for EVERYTHING. I just adore it too much, I do not watch it as much anymore, but I can still quote lines from it very well. Many people say that HIMYM was a modern version of Friends, which is kind of true, but I think I still stick with Friends as the better one. It is the original. I love HIMYM too though. Anyways, here are some amazing, iconic GIFs of the queen!

155b9c3aa2ef4fc3a2bd93122f7aaa19.gif

tumblr_nfujixUjqk1shdtkfo1_500.gif

b47defd6c33520f91090bddec7fc49d2.gif

Potk.gif

6268b56846a7c25edc3426e334d7ae36.gif

AmusedNaiveFeline-small.gif

friends-phoebe.gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ee84781526ef44269d

WALLACE

Friends is such a classic and iconic show, and I'm very glad that this made it in the finals. I wish I could have helped Derek out with this of advancing it forward myself, but I did have other shows I love a little more that I had to worry about more. But I am very glad Friends found its way in the finals when it looked like it wasn't going to. This is another show I really love and grew up on watching, and still often watch the repeats here and there whenever I can. Although I feel much more familiar with the older seasons moreso than the newer seasons, as I guess I have seen the earlier seasons more. 

Friends is a sitcom created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, that aired on NBC for 10 seasons with 236 episodes from September 22, 1994 through May 6, 2004. The show stars Jennifer Aniston (as Rachel Green), Courteney Cox (as Monica Geller), Lisa Kudrow (as Phoebe Buffay), Matt LeBlanc (as Joey Tribbiani), Matthew Perry (as Chandler Bing) and David Schwimmer (as Ross Geller). I really enjoy all of the main characters and what they all bring to the show. I do think Phoebe and Joey are the funniest cast members of the main six. Phoebe with her iconic "Smelly Cat" song and Joey with his signature "How you doing?" sayings, amongst other funny things they say and do! :dead: :wub: Rachel & Ross are like the ultimate couple of the show, where they can bring out the best or the worst in each other. I do enjoy their relationship for the most part. I do find Rachel funny, and of course who wasn't crushing on her back in the day. I might have. :giggle: Now I know and get how Ross can be whiny and annoying, he certainly can be, but I do still like him and what he brings to the show. Plus, he's had classic lines such as "We were on a break!" and "PIVOT, PIVOT, PIVOT!" :dead: Then this brings me to Ross' sister and college best friend, Monica & Chandler. I enjoy Monica as a whole and find her funny. However, I find Chandler really hilarious. He can be so dramatic and OTT, in such an entertaining way. I especially love his emphasis on "be" whenever he's really enthusiastic, excited or mad when talking about something. :haha: Monica & Chandler also became the unexpected rootable couple in the later seasons when I did not see that coming but I was a fan of them as a couple. Friends has some great side characters such as Janice (played by Maggie Wheeler) and Gunther (played by James Michael Tyler) - Janice is especially that annoying and hilarious character on the show that cracks me up.

I am very glad Friends made it here to the finals, and I'm hoping it ranks well.

DIANA

I think I am being nice with my ranking here because I have always been Team How I Met Your Mother. Is that a real thing? Idk I just always see people debating the two, and I love How I Met Your Mother. Anyway, it’s still getting a strong ranking from me because I love Monica and Chandler and Joey really. No comment on Rachel and Ross they’d probably be in my bottom 10 if I was ranking them lol. But Monica and Chandler save the show for me. I am shocked it made this far because it seemed like a huge target most of the game.

GIGI

The best thing about Friends is Lisa Kudrow, who plays Phoebe Buffay and sings the well known song "Smelly Cat". She's just so funny and likable.  The show is full of known actors and actresses: Jennifer Aniston, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, Courteney Cox, and David Schwimmer.  The show ran for ten seasons and a total of 236 episodes.  It's probably no surprise that Friends is one of the most popular television shows of all time.  It was nominated for 62 Primetime Emmy Awards, winning the Outstanding Comedy Series award for its eighth season.  The show ranked at #21 on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time and 7th on Empire Magazine's The 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time.

1. BOY MEETS WORLD

51z2NSfyRDL._RI_.jpg

Vik.gif

PUBLIC: 2

WALLACE: 2

DIANA: 3

DEREK: 6

JC: 8

GIGI: 9

WALLACE

I love Boy Meets World and I am so happy that it made it through into the finals! :spaz: I believe this was one of the 5 shows to never be nominated in this game, so it's a really well liked show amongst us rankers. That makes me happy! I'm happy I never had to worry about this show, except for random noms or those final randomized cuts. Ugh I would have been so crushed if this missed the finals.

Boy Meets World is an American sitcom, created and produced by Michael Jacobs and April Kelly, that aired on ABC for 7 seasons and 158 episodes from September 24, 1993 through May 5, 2000. Boy Meets World stars Ben Savage (as Cory Matthews), William Daniels (as George Feeny), Rider Strong (as Shawn Hunter), Danielle Fishel (as Topanga Lawrence), Betsy Randle (as Amy Matthews), William Russ (as Alan Matthews), Will Friedle (as Eric Matthews) and Lily Nicksay & Lindsay Ridgeway (as Morgan Matthews). Then there were reoccurring roles from: Lee Norris (as Stuart Minkus), Anthony Tyler Quinn (as Jonathan Turner), Matthew Lawrence (as Jack Hunter), Trina McGee-Davis (as Angela Moore) and Mairland Ward (as Rachel McGuire).

I know I say this about all of my shows but I so love all of the characters and what they all bring to the show. The show follows the life of Cory Matthews, who is a young kid in the earlier seasons and grows into a teenager and then young adult in the later seasons. I do love his friendship with Shawn, who are not just friends but best friends. Shawn comes from a troubled and not as loving or supportive family. Sure Cory & Shawn may have some fights and disagreements, but they really do love each other as brothers and are always there for each other when the other needs them. Then there's Topanga. Gosh, I loved the character development arc between Cory and Topanga. They started off as kids who disliked each other. She found him icky & immature while he found her icky & weird. Throughout the series as they grew up, they would develop feelings for each other and form a romantic relationship. I am sure we all shipped and loved Cory & Topanga. I also remember having a crush on Topanga while growing up and watching this show, and I found her so beautiful. And she had the best hair ever! There are lots of other great characters on the show. Mr. Feeny is the smart, educated teacher who can be funny & snarky, but he's always looking out for the kids' best interest with the advice and life lessons he gives them. Eric is the fun, ditzy, wild and crazy older brother of Cory's. I find him to be one of the most hilarious characters on the show. :haha: Then I also enjoyed the inclusion of Jack (Shawn's half-brother) and Angela on the latter seasons. 

I do feel like the show was strong as a whole throughout its run and was always engaging. Some shows start to lose its plot and interest when it goes on for so long and goes into its college years, but I never felt that with this show. I loved the middle school years, high school years and college years equally. While the show was mostly lighthearted in nature, it did cover various real life topics and issues such as child abuse, abandonment, underage drinking, sexual harassment, sexual intimacy, interracial dating and more. Boy Meets World also spun of the spin-off series, Girl Meets World, which lasted for 3 seasons on the Disney Channel. But I'm hoping to see Boy Meets World rank well here!

DIANA

This is a show is one that I was a little shocked was never targeted at all if I remember? I don’t remember ever having to save it which is kind of amazing. I would think such a big show would have been a target. It’s another show that was a good part of my childhood so I will give it a strong ranking here. I think I need to give it a re-watch on Disney plus soon because I get a different perceptive as a mom myself now watching shows like this. I wish the show treated the people of color better which soured me of it over time but it was still a big part of my childhood and my 90’s so it deserves its high ranking for that alone.

DEREK

Okay so I haven't seen this show in a long time and I don't know how badly it has aged, but this show is an iconic 90s show and based on my past memories this would make a good winner for this game. Also the timeline for this is perfectly 90s... it ran from fall 1993 to spring 2000. Cory and Topenga. Shawn and Angela. Mr. Feeny. This show had hilarious moments and tear-jerking moments. It hit on all the traditional teen plots and also did some out of the box plots. LOL I always forget that Fred Savage is Ben's brother. I never thought they looked alike. The Savage bros taking over 90s television.

JC

Another show that is probably a threat to win, and I am okay with it winning, although my top 2 really should be the winners. Perhaps I will bus this a little bit. Moving this down a bit :giggle: I love Topanga! Best part of this show for sure. Obsessed with her and her evolution. She was the queen. I loved her awkward nerd early days where Corey did not even feel attracted to her (even though she was way out of his league let's be real). And then she grew up into this ridiculously hot bombshell that was still hella smart and should have gone to Yale rather than stayed with her high school boyfriend at a state school. I mean, that was unrealistic but it is a tv show, so I get the reasoning. I definitely was a proponent of that just so Topanga would not get written out of the show because she was obviously the best part. Shawn and Corey were both okay, I did not hate them, but I do not know if I loved them either. You definitely are attached to their stories though. Eric was comedic relief and definitely the best looking of the bunch. The dad was a DILF honestly now looking at it lol. I did not obviously think it back then as a child, but now that I am an old man, I would probably hit that. Well maybe, he was still older than I am now. And definitely looks older, although I guess I look young for my age, so I am not even sure. Anyways, this was a show that I did not watch for the hot guys but for Topanga. The one true queen!

GIGI

Boy Meets World is a sitcom created and produced by Michael Jacobs and April Kelly that aired on ABC from September 24, 1993 to May 5, 2000.  It lasted seven seasons, which is 158 episodes. The show centers around the daily life of Cory Matthews (Ben Savage).  Other characters involved include Cory's teacher, George Feeny, his best friend Shawn Hunter, brother Eric, and his love interest, Topanga Lawrence.  I watch this mostly for Danielle Fishel as I am a fan of hers.  There was a sequel called Girl Meets World that aired on the Disney Channel for three seasons.  It ended in 2017.

• Steven_ changed the title to '90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

If the sisters' scores were included:

1. BOY MEETS WORLD – 5

2. BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER – 5.6

3. THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR – 6.8

4. SAVED BY THE BELL – 8

5. THE NANNY – 8.2

6. FRIENDS – 9

7. MARRIED...WITH CHILDREN – 9.8

8. THE GOLDEN GIRLS – 10.1

9. CHARMED – 10.2

10. SISTER, SISTER – 10.5

11. GROWING PAINS – 10.6

12. ER – 10.8

13. DAWSON'S CREEK – 11.2

14. SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH – 11.3

15. THE POWERPUFF GIRLS – 12.5

16. ROSEANNE – 13.3

17. WILL & GRACE – 13.6

18. LIVING SINGLE – 13.6

19. DARIA – 14.3

20. SEINFELD – 14.7

I misread the numbers earlier for Friends and The Nanny, so The Nanny did still make Top 5 with their scores.

Boy Meets World would've won regardless. :yes: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

1. BOY MEETS WORLD – 5

4. SAVED BY THE BELL – 8

5. THE NANNY – 8.2

6. FRIENDS – 9

9. CHARMED – 10.2

11. GROWING PAINS – 10.6

12. ER – 10.8

16. ROSEANNE – 13.3

17. WILL & GRACE – 13.6

18. LIVING SINGLE – 13.6

19. DARIA – 14.3

20. SEINFELD – 14.7

I misread the numbers earlier for Friends and The Nanny, so The Nanny did still make Top 5 with their scores.

The sisters with taste! :wub:Even if Boy Meets World wins anyways.

Ooh dang lmao, had I put Friends a few spots lower, maybe it could have been #3 and Fresh Prince could have been #2. But I was expecting Priscilla/Victoria/Chris to give it all low rankings. :dead: Any who, love Friends! Shocked it made it this far, but very happy. Agreed with those that the lack of racial diversity was disappointing, so I'm glad others brought that up. Still, its a classic!

Also wow, yikes at the #14 public score. But not surprised.

Yeah when all our remaining rankings were left, I had a feeling Boy Meets World was gonna win.... at around the Top 5 reveal or so?

So very happy with Boy Meets World winning. I said all of my thoughts and I loved everyone else's thoughts on it. Lmao, I love how all of us love Topanga! :wub:

Its run in this game was pretty iconic. It wasn't anyone's immunity at the start of the game, it was never nominated amongst us rankers/public/randomizer. None of us sent it straight through to the finals. And it still ends up winning with zero protection. ICONIC. :omg:

• Like 3

On 9/16/2021 at 1:01 AM, FrogLenzen said:

TIMELINE OF THE '90s TV SHOWS RANKDOWN

6/10 - Thread created

6/14 - rankers announced: Dee, Derek, Diana, Elliott, JC, Megan, Priscilla, Victoria, Wallace

6/14 - Immunity pick round begins

6/15 - Cycle 1 - Regular nominations

6/17 - JC misses deadline to cut/save, Derek makes choice

6/18 - Elliott misses deadline to cut/save, Wallace makes choice

6/20 - JC misses deadline to cut/save, JC comes back and makes choice

6/21 - JC nominates Twin Peaks

6/21 - Dee saves Twin Peaks

6/21 - Victoria requests a temporary substitution, Alex graciously steps in

6/22 - Elliott misses deadline to cut/save, Derek and Megan simultaneously make same choice

6/23 - JC and Megan miss deadline to cut/save, Wallace makes one choice and Megan comes back to make other choice

6/24 - Elliott misses deadline to nominate, Elliott comes back and posts nominations

6/25 - Derek cuts Roseanne

6/25 - Anne appears to judge JC’s wrestling noms

6/25 - Everyone posts write-ups early for the first time lol

6/25 - Chris appears to shade our choices

6/27 - JC, Dee, Priscilla miss deadline to cut/save, Priscilla comes back and Derek and Wallace also make choices

6/27 - Wallace nominates Oz, Twin Peaks, anime, Star Trek, etc.

6/27 - Megan reacts to the nominations and cuts thus far “this is truly one of the worst sets of noms in a first round I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been in like 20 rankdowns with Elliott”

6/27 - Wallace and Megan exchange words

6/28 - JC cuts Twin Peaks

6/28 - Megan withdraws from the rankdown

6/28 - Dee misses deadline to cut/save, Diana makes choice

6/28 - Victoria steps back in after Alex’s cut/save

6/28 - Public Nominations Announced

6/29 - Public Nominations Posted

6/30 - Dee appears and apologizes for absence

6/30 - Dee notices Twin Peaks is gone

6/30 - Derek reveals that Taina is not a 90s show

6/30 - Megan “misses deadline” because she never confirmed if she really quit, Wallace makes choice

6/30 - Random Nominations Announced

6/30 - Megan confirms withdrawal

6/30 - Chris steps in as a ranker to replace Megan

7/1 - Random Nominations Posted

7/1 - Married with Children gets saved by 3 separate rankers lol

7/2 - Bring Backs Announced

7/2 - Dee brings back Twin Peaks

7/2 - Victoria brings back Roseanne

7/3 - Cycle 2 - Regular Nominations

7/5 - Elliott goes first and the round has to be reset because not enough nominations

7/5 - Elliott nominates Seinfeld

7/6 - Dee misses deadline to cut/save, Victoria makes choice

7/7 - Dee, Chris, Elliott, and JC miss deadline to cut/save, Wallace and Derek each make two choices

7/7 - Wallace and Derek notice that their opinions are the exact opposite

7/8 - Diana nominates Oz

7/8 - Wallace cuts Oz

7/9 - Chris misses deadline, Wallace makes choice

7/10 - Elliott doesn’t make cut save 24 hours after he requests extension, Wallace makes choice

7/10 - Wallace posts bad nominations including Sopranos

7/11 - Elliott and Dee miss deadline to cut/save (I think it’s them… it’s hard to tell because Steven doesn’t call out people hahaha), Derek makes both choices

7/12 - Chris misses deadline to nominate, eventually comes back and posts

7/13 - Dee reveals he was out due to unfortunate podiatric issues

7/14 - Dee misses deadline, Derek makes choice

7/15 - Priscilla nominates Full House and Growing Pains?????

7/16 - JC cuts Murder She Wrote

7/16 - Dee and Elliott miss deadline, Chris and Wallace make choices

7/17 - Dee misses deadline to nominate, randomizer used instead, causes ER to be nominated smh

7/18 - JC misses deadline to cut/save, Wallace makes choice

7/19 - JC nominates Twin Peaks, Freaks & Geeks, etc.

7/19 - Derek saves Twin Peaks

7/19 - The rankdown reaches the Top 100

7/19 - Dee and Elliott miss deadline, Wallace makes choice

7/19 - Elliott comes back and saves Freaks & Geeks but waits too long for write-up

7/19 - Victoria cuts Freaks & Geeks

7/19 - Elliott immediately withdraws from rankdown

7/19 - Steven announces that Gigi will take over for Dee, bringing number of rankers from 9 to 8.

7/20 - Pairs Round

7/21 - Chris misses deadline, he comes back to make choice

7/23 - JC misses deadline, Derek makes choice

7/23 - Diana and Wallace nominate amazing shows smh

7/24 - Priscilla cuts The Sopranos

7/24 - JC misses deadline, Wallace makes choice and cuts Twin Peaks lol

7/25 - JC misses deadline to nominate in pairs, Victoria posts without him

7/25 - Wallace cuts The West Wing

7/25 - Derek officially invokes The 1999 Agenda

7/26 - Pairs Round Again

7/27 - JC and Priscilla nominate ER smh

7/27 - Wallace cuts Law & Order

7/28 - Chris misses deadline, Diana makes choice

7/28 - Priscilla cuts My So-Called Life

7/28 - Chris cuts X Files

7/29 - JC misses deadline, Derek makes choice

7/30 - A round ends with no deadlines missed!!!!!!!

7/31 - The rankdown reaches the Top 50

7/31 - Scattergories Game announced

8/2 - Scattergories Results posted, Diana, JC, and Priscilla didn’t participate

8/4 - Save Only Round

8/5 - Priscilla misses deadline for save only round, Wallace makes choice

8/7 - Chris misses deadline, Derek makes choice

8/8 - The rankdown reached the Top 40

8/13 - Priscilla misses deadline, Derek makes choice

8/13 - Battle Rounds

8/21 - Derek gets to cut the last 1999 show

8/23 - Top 20 Picks

8/24 - Victoria and Priscilla miss deadline to put a show into the Top 20, Steven waits

8/25 - Final Cuts

8/26 - JC and Chris miss deadline for final cuts, randomizer decides

8/26 - Steven announces Top 20 deadline of 9/12

8/27 - Derek does last two write-ups for Doug and Wonder Years

9/5 - Steven checks in, only has Gigi’s materials

9/8 - Victoria requests extension to 9/14

9/12 - Steven checks in

9/15 - Top 20 reveal begins without Victoria, Priscilla, or Chris

Bumping this to the winner page lolololol

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

1. BOY MEETS WORLD – 5

4. SAVED BY THE BELL – 8

5. THE NANNY – 8.2

6. FRIENDS – 9

9. CHARMED – 10.2

11. GROWING PAINS – 10.6

12. ER – 10.8

16. ROSEANNE – 13.3

17. WILL & GRACE – 13.6

18. LIVING SINGLE – 13.6

19. DARIA – 14.3

20. SEINFELD – 14.7

Thanks for providing these stats. This is all so interesting to see. Not surprised Friends would have done much worse here.

Glad the winner still remained the same, so no one has to feel bad at the situation here.

And thank you Steven for running this game. I know it was probably your most frustrating game to run with missed deadlines and all, but I've mostly had a wonderful time participating here. The 90s brought out so many shows I loved and grew up on, so it was a lot of fun going back and remembering and reliving lots of my childhood favorite shows! ❤️ So I personally had fun with the context/idea of this game.

Thank you for running this! :hug:

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all the rankers for playing! 

@*Chris

@Deeee

@FrogLenzen

@*Diana

@Elliott

@taylorkat

@JC

@totes4totes

@goofycilla90

@1234567890

@*Wallace

Not everyone stuck around until the end, but I appreciate everyone who participated. :haha: 

Thanks to the public who sent in final rankings and/or public nominations!

@Alex95

@aliasocfan

@Crisis

@QueenKalie

@Solaris

Hopefully this was a fun rankdown for everyone. I think most of us here are '90s kids, so it was fun to look back on the shows we grew up with. Despite the missed deadlines and rankers withdrawing from the game, I'm glad I hosted this rankdown. Thanks again, and kudos on crowning a great winner Boy Meets World! :clap: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I'm not sure if Derek kept track of this, and I don't have access to my stats anymore. But I believe these were the 5 shows never nominated through the entire game:

- Boy Meets World

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer

- Charmed

- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

- The Wonder Years

6 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Thank you @Steven_ for putting up with us and seeing this thing through to the end. As rough as it got, it would have been even worse if we weren't able to finish. Another completed rankdown to add to the list, with.a good winner as well!

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

And thank you Steven for running this game. I know it was probably your most frustrating game to run with missed deadlines and all, but I've mostly had a wonderful time participating here. The 90s brought out so many shows I loved and grew up on, so it was a lot of fun going back and remembering and reliving lots of my childhood favorite shows! ❤️ So I personally had fun with the context/idea of this game.

Thank you for running this! :hug:

Thanks for saying this! :hug: The frequently missed deadlines were frustrating, but I never considered dropping the game and not seeing it through to the end. I'm glad it was a wonderful time for you, Wallace. ^_^ And agreed it ended with a good winner, Derek!

I went into this rankdown trying to be an impartial host, but I think I ended up becoming the impatient host. :dead: 

And special thanks to you two for all the extra write-ups you both did to keep the game moving. :haha: 

• Like 3

Summary of the Rankdowns I've hosted:

ACTORS RANKDOWN

WINNER: RYAN GOSLING

RUNNER-UP: EMMA STONE

HARRY POTTER CHARACTERS

WINNER: LUNA LOVEGOOD

RUNNER-UP: MINERVA McGONAGALL

DISNEY MOVIES

WINNER: TOY STORY

RUNNER-UP: THE LION KING

2000S TV SHOWS