'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

If Ross Geller didn’t exist I’d be tempted to root for Friends. I’m just posting this now so I remember to sign up to the TV character Friends round so I can sh*t on Ross Geller. 

Ross is definitely the worst but you know some people are gonna fight for him because he's a "main character" I will not being joining the friends round because blah but Phoebe better win because she's the only likable character out of the group. 

• Like 1

Just now, QueenKalie said:

Ross is definitely the worst but you know some people are gonna fight for him because he's a "main character" I will not being joining the friends round because blah but Phoebe better win because she's the only likable character out of the group. 

Yeah in this case I will actively fight for him

to make the endgame just so I have the opportunity to drag him as much as I can. :giggle: Team Phoebe all day though!

Friends may not hold up particularly well by 2021 standards (especially the very obvious lack of any POC in a show that takes place in NYC...), but for the #1 show in America to normalize openly gay characters and have an actual lesbian wedding early on its run while also featuring them as parents in the early 90s definitely deserves credit, imo.

I just think it'd be a very fair #1 since it was one of the biggest cultural shows of our lifetimes. :haha:

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Yeah in this case I will actively fight for him to make the endgame just so I have the opportunity to drag him as much as I can. :giggle: Team Phoebe all day though!

lmao I was watching one of King of the Hill's first episodes last night and the characters shoot Bobby's Ross Gellar action figure with BB guns because they think he's annoying. :rofl:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Friends may not hold up particularly well by 2021 standards (especially the very obvious lack of any POC in a show that takes place in NYC...), but for the #1 show in America to normalize openly gay characters and have an actual lesbian wedding early on its run while also featuring them as parents in the early 90s definitely deserves credit, imo.

Though that said, the characterization of Chandler's dad was always a bit... sketch.

1 minute ago, Steven_ said:

I like all the remaining shows (as well as some others in the Top 20) better than Black Mirror, the 2000s Rankdown winner. I like some Black Mirror episodes, but it was kind of a random choice for the winning show that covered two decades.

we could have done without a Black Mirror win I will say that. And maybe part of the reason I am down on the 90s rankdown is that in general I think the 2000s had much better tv shows. But I do think the top 20 for the 2000s was a lot stronger. 

3 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I like all the remaining shows (as well as some others in the Top 20) better than Black Mirror, the 2000s Rankdown winner. I like some Black Mirror episodes, but it was kind of a random choice for the winning show that covered two decades.

Agreed completely with all of this.

I personally love how the end game has been going, but I know I'm in the minority there. But I'll just stay happy with how this has been going. ❤️

9 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

The 2000's final 20 was just random people's favorite shows that no one else saw so something that everyone was like "Meh I guess that's cool" was bound to win.

Ugh I helped contribute to that show win because of a deal I made and I 100% regretted that as it beat out 2 shows I loved. :dead: