SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

dTtug.gif

UNITED STATES SEASON 4:

TOP 20 WEEK ROUTINES:

Katee Shean & Joshua Allen - "No Air" (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Nappytabs)

TOP 18 WEEK ROUTINES:

Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian - "Lost" (Contemporary by Mandy Moore)

Kherington Payne & tWitch Boss - "A New Day Has Come" (Viennese Waltz by Jean-Marc Généreux & France Mousseau)

TOP 16 WEEK ROUTINES:

Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian - "Wishing on a Star" (Rumba by Tony Meredith & Melanie LaPatin)

Chelsie Hightower & Mark Kanemura - "Bleeding Love" (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Nappytabs)

Katee Shean & Joshua Allen - "Baila, Baila" (Samba by Tony Meredith & Melanie LaPatin)

TOP 16 WEEK GROUP ROUTINE:

Top 16 - "The Dance" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

TOP 14 WEEK ROUTINES:

Chelsie Hightower & Mark Kanemura - "Kiss Kiss" (Jazz by Mandy Moore)

Katee Shean & Joshua Allen - "Hometown Glory" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian - "Lights, Camera, Action!" (Hip-Hop by Olisa Thompson & Cicely Bradley)

Kherington Payne & tWitch Boss - "Dreaming with a Broken Heart" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

TOP 14 WEEK SOLOS:

Gev Manoukian - "Everybody Loves a Carnival" (Breakdance)

TOP 12 WEEK ROUTINES:

Chelsie Hightower & Mark Kanemura - "Fuego" (Salsa by Alex Da Silva) 

Jessica King & William Wingfield - "Silence" (Contemporary by Tyce Diorio)  

Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian - "Don't Stop the Music (The Wideboys Club Mix)" (Cha-Cha by Anya Garnis & Pasha Kovalev)

Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian - "Standing There" (Jazz by Mandy Moore)

Katee Shean & Joshua Allen - "Dhoom Taana" (Bollywood by Nakul Dev Mahajan)

TOP 12 WEEK SOLOS:

Kherington Payne - "All We Are" (Contemporary)

tWitch Boss - "We Gonna Win" (Hip-Hop)

TOP 10 WEEK ROUTINES:

Chelsie Hightower & Gev Manoukian - "These Arms of Mine" (Contemporary by Sonya Tayeh)

Comfort Fedoke & tWitch Boss - "Forever" (Hip-Hop by Dave Scott)

Katee Shean & William Wingfield - "Imagine" (Pas de deux by Dwight Rhoden & Desmond Richardson)

Chelsie Hightower & Gev Manoukian - "The House is Rockin'" (Jive by Jean-Marc Généreux & France Mousseau)

TOP 8 WEEK ROUTINES:

Katee Shean & tWitch Boss - "Mercy" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

Comfort Fedoke & Mark Kanemura - "Party People" (Hip-Hop by Nappytabs)

Chelsie Hightower & Joshua Allen - "A Los Amigos" (Argentine Tango by Dmitry Chaplin)

Courtney Galiano & William Wingfield - "Like You'll Never See Me Again" (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Nappytabs)

TOP 6 WEEK ROUTINES:

Courtney Galiano & Mark Kanemura - "The Time of My Life" (Viennese Waltz by Jason Gilkinson)

Courtney Galiano & Mark Kanemura - "The Garden" (Jazz by Sonya Tayeh)

TOP 4 WEEK ROUTINES:

Katee Shean & Joshua Allen - "Slow Dancing In A Burning Room" (Lyrical Jazz by Wade Robson)

ROUND RULES

Congratulations to the finalists of Season 4! Now is the time to rank all thirty routines to decide the winner of the season. Please submit some comment for your #1 ranking along with your rankings. These rankings will be due on Thursday, December 9th, 12:00 PM PST. Good luck!

@Alex95 @.Rei @Elliott @sublymonal @totes4totes @*Wallace @*Diana @*Amanda @Zoey @*Chris @JC @taylorkat @FrogLenzen

Edited by Deeee

2 hours ago, *Diana said:

all these mercy votes are not it....

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

That was more of a throwaway vote as I didn't want to vote against "Alone" or the Courtney solo. :haha: 

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

Alone 😢 

Aww I was hoping for that to make it through. :( One of the few times I liked Jessica King, oops.

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

You're welcome @.Rei.

Rei would appreciate that. :dead: 

1 hour ago, *Diana said:

Too much Courtney not enough Chelsie. 😒 

Well.... I'll agree to the Chelsie comment. 

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

I'm shocked by just 2 Comfort. I thought she was a fan favorite here.

She became more of a fan favorite through her All-Stars routines, which started around Season 7. Her S4 run wasn't so great outside of her Hip-Hop dances. 🙈

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

Even her fans admit that her original run on the show is pretty tragic, aside from Party People and Forever. I think people always loved her for her amazing Hip-Hop skills, those two routines, and the strength of her solos. But she only became a fan favorite after her run as an All-Star, which highlighted her incredible growth as a performer and dancer across the years. Her work after the season is also incredible. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Even her fans admit that her original run on the show is pretty tragic, aside from Party People and Forever. I think people always loved her for her amazing Hip-Hop skills, those two routines, and the strength of her solos. But she only became a fan favorite after her run as an All-Star, which highlighted her incredible growth as a performer and dancer across the years. Her work after the season is also incredible. 

after her duet with Kent I was like

200.gif

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Like 1

A fun announcement: @Alex95 @.Rei @Elliott @sublymonal @totes4totes @*Wallace @*Diana @*Amanda @Zoey @*Chris @JC @taylorkat @FrogLenzen

The results for S3 have been tallied and...there is a tie for the win!!! I don't know if this has happened before in any other rankdown, but pretty shocked to see it happen. The routine that took the crown had the greatest number of highest rankings. Results to start tomorrow morning! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deeee said:

A fun announcement: @Alex95 @.Rei @Elliott @sublymonal @totes4totes @*Wallace @*Diana @*Amanda @Zoey @*Chris @JC @taylorkat @FrogLenzen

The results for S3 have been tallied and...there is a tie for the win!!! I don't know if this has happened before in any other rankdown, but pretty shocked to see it happen. The routine that took the crown had the greatest number of highest rankings. Results to start tomorrow morning! 

F*ck Mew and Espeon’s drag, right?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Alex95 said:

She wasn’t really liked here until she came back as an All Star (particularly in S13/S14. For a while, I was the only person who would even rank her in my Top 40 in the Master Top 40 game.

16 hours ago, *Wallace said:

She became more of a fan favorite through her All-Stars routines, which started around Season 7. Her S4 run wasn't so great outside of her Hip-Hop dances. 🙈

16 hours ago, Deeee said:

Even her fans admit that her original run on the show is pretty tragic, aside from Party People and Forever. I think people always loved her for her amazing Hip-Hop skills, those two routines, and the strength of her solos. 

I think her performance in her Top 18 jazz l was very good. It was just ruined by the presence of Chris Jarosz. :ph34rwave:

16 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

after her duet with Kent I was like

Who can forget that she was the first All Star to do a solo in S7 with the So You Think You Can Krump routine that involved only herself and absolutely did not feature a white twink with no rhythm. :wub: