Who do you think the 2nd choice of 4 chair contestants was?

VoiceFan!

Kenzie - John

Anna - John

Avery - Kelly

Zae - Kelly

WTW - Gwen?

Desz - John

Tamara - Kelly

Cami - Kelly

Todd - John? Nick?

Toneisha - John

Nelson - Blake

Joana - John

Thunderstorm - Nick

Mike - Blake

Mandi C - Kelly 100%%%

Katie - Blake (Kelly was blocked)

Brennan - Blake

Shane Q - Blake

Mendeleyev - Blake

Marybeth - Kelly

Preston - Honestly I think Gwen

Ricky - John

Khalea - Blake

Maelyn - Adam

Matthew - Kelly

Dexter - Kelly

Jej - John

LB - John

Shawn - Blake

Celia - Kelly/John

SandyRedd - JHUDDDD

Kennedy - Adam

DeAndre - JHUD

Kirk - Adam

Justin - Alicia

Pryor - Adam

Terrence - Kelly

Johny - Adam

Hannah G - Adam

Todd has stated that he would have picked Kelly if Blake didn’t turn

Some of these contestants also got blocked from their coach of choice so they may have actually gotten their second choice.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Cam Anthony said that Kelly would have been his second choice, but she didn`t turn. John was his first, but he was blocked. I know he wasn`t a four chair, but just putting this out.

Thats surprising....Nick WOULD BE HIS LAST???

Just now, VoiceFan! said:

Blake was probably his last at the start, honestly, just judging by his comments, but his promise of keeping the lane clear is what won him over. And he was also a bit pissed that Nick blocked John, so that also helped Blake.

2 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Makes sense lol

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, I remember Johnny Bliss saying that Kelly would have been his second choice too.

I suspect Kelly is many contestants' second choice. For country artists, she's usually second behind Blake. For R&B artists, she's probably second behind John.

I think Kelly is actually most contestants second choice (for those she isn't first choice). She's the fairly clear second choice for all the country singers, and I think also a lot of the r&b more serious musically (after John). 

edit:

@QueenCamijinx

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1

Pop artists, particularly females generally have Kelly as their first choice (she`s got competition now in S21 though). Country females  also have been picking her over Blake a lot recently. Country males tend to have her as their second choice, and so does R&B and soul artists.

She`s obviously the most versatile person in the panel, that makes her flexible to work with almost anybody to some extent. (I personally do think Kenzie would have better with Blake for once, but she did well with Hoot and Chevel).

Edited by Misirlou

On 5/18/2021 at 3:00 PM, colemanftw said:

What about Rachel? I assume Nick was her third or last choice going in?

Also Gihanna went in wanting Nick?

gihanna said during a live that she was torn b/w nick and kelly, and that "nick almost came out of mouth." not sure what that means but she was clearly struggling to pick b/w the two 

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

gihanna said during a live that she was torn b/w nick and kelly, and that "nick almost came out of mouth." not sure what that means but she was clearly struggling to pick b/w the two 

I’m thinking she meant Nick (Nick’s name) almost came out of her mouth as she was asked who to pick as a coach. I remember thinking Nick’s pitch to her was pretty good, so I definitely could’ve seen her being swayed to Team Nick. 

Just now, ikwonic said:

I’m thinking she meant Nick (Nick’s name) almost came out of her mouth as she was asked who to pick as a coach. I remember thinking Nick’s pitch to her was pretty good, so I definitely could’ve seen her being swayed to Team Nick. 

yeah, i understand that she means that nick was almost going to be her pick of the coach, but i'm not sure what that means in the context of ranking all four of the coaches.

OH WAIT, i just remembered, gihanna said that if she didn't go with kelly, she'd want to go with john i think? i assume kelly was her first choice, but i'm not 100% sure

• Like 1