Live show songs you thought were a bus when we heard the studio, and then turned out to be wrong.

Misirlou

Back then in S15, Chevel with  "Little White Church" I thought TPTB was trying to bus her and I think others thought so as well. I liked the studio, but I didn't know how Minivan was going to take it live. Good thing she's a natural and slayed it with Minivan not caring. 

She also got more uptempo songs in Top 10 and Finale, I worried a bit but she did fine on them.

5 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Back then in S15, Chevel with  "Little White Church" I thought TPTB was trying to bus her and I think others thought so as well. I liked the studio, but I didn't know how Minivan was going to take it live. Good thing she's a natural and slayed it with Minivan not caring.

idk what’s the consensus among Chevel fans, but I thought that was her best performance

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Daillon said:

idk what’s the consensus among Chevel fans, but I thought that was her best performance

I preferred Blue personally, but Little White Church was my second favorite - it was the performance where people started taking her more seriously + talking about her making the finale.

I don’t remember IDF reception to all of these, but....

Rose Short- God’s Country

Chris Blue- Rhythm Nation

Britton Buchanan- What’s Love Got to Do With It (in challenge week)

Dexter Roberts- Here Without You (?)

I didn’t think Matthew Schuler’s Hallelujah made sense for him, but it ended up being his last big moment that season

3 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Faithfully- Brooke Simpson

wasn't on IDF during this season so idk what the others here thought about this, but I for sure was extremely worried about it 💀 (especially after Amazing Grace)

Pretty sure most people here were saying goodbye to Brooke after the studios came out :haha:

I’m going to say Faithfully as well.

4 hours ago, Daillon said:

I don’t know whether it’s her best one, but it’s my favorite one. I heard the studio, and thought the same as QueenMae. I had no idea she had that in her arsenal at the time, and worried a little about how it would go live, because of what usually happens on this show with uptempo songs with loud bands. 

5 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

She also got more uptempo songs in Top 10 and Finale, I worried a bit but she did fine on them.

Come to think of it, she actually said she chose LWC, because her dad likes the song. Who knows whether that’s true or if it’s something the producers told her to say. 

12 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

In terms of the S20 POs...

Every Team Blake member except for Jordan. They were all better live.

I actually preferred Pete`s studio over his live performance by a bit, but I still liked his live.

I definitely agree for Cam and Anna. They were 100000 better live. Jordan`s was already my favorite studio out of all 20, so he pretty much met my expectations. The thing than enhanced it from his studio is the fact that I got to actually see him playing.

Edited by Misirlou