SOLA: 3

DEREK: 5

JC: 15

CHRIS: 18

WALLACE: 18

DIANA: 20

QK: 20

ALEX

Oop look at me ranking a man high :wub:. Yes this cartoon character is one of the best characters in tv history, and one of my favorites. It doesn't matter that it's a "kid's show". Prince Zuko perfected the character redemption storyline. Most movies and shows fail with it. They don't hold they're character accountable enough, they ruin it at the last second, or it feels unearned. This was not a problem with Zuko. Zuko's story arc is f*cking perfect. He has a tragic enough backstory that you understand where he came from. He is clearly evil, but never crossed the line to irredeemable territory. And he apologizes enough and his actions prove that he wants to change and he can change. And he does! That's how you do a redemption storyline! It's perfect and Zuko deserves the world thank you.

STEVEN

Prince Zuko is definitely one of my favorite characters here, so he easily gets a Top 2 ranking from me. The characters on Avatar: The Last Airbender are all fantastic, and the character growth Prince Zuko goes through is one of the best I've seen. I did not like Prince Zuko throughout Book 1. He was the spoiled, rude, and bratty prince. However, I warmed up to Zuko throughout Book 2. He was finally questioning his worldview after losing everything. The "Zuko Alone" episode is one of my favorites. It was really looking like Zuko was going to officially switch sides by the end of Book 2, so I was very disappointed when he went back to being bad and turned against Uncle Iroh. However, even though I initially wished it happened sooner, it actually made sense that Zuko's redemption happened later. Zuko needed to finally return to the Fire Nation and get his father's approval to realize it's not what he wanted and his father was never going to be the father figure he hoped for. He already had a great father figure with Uncle Iroh. Zuko and Iroh's relationship is one of the best parts of the series. Zuko finally saw the light and went on the right path. He was a welcome addition to Team Avatar, becoming a great ally for Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Toph. I often don't care for redemption arcs for villains as they can feel forced, but I've never seen a redemption arc done better than Zuko's. His character growth and redemption arc were done perfectly, and Zuko ended up becoming one of my favorite characters by the end of the series.

SOLA

My boy.  Prince of the fire nation, ally to the avatar and really the best character from either Avatar show.

DEREK

Icon. A man in my Top 5, imagine that. Alex said it best but yeah his redemption arc is one of the best and most believable ever written.

JC

I legit thought we were talking about Avatar the future pokemon Mew and Mewtwo looking people, but I guess we are talking about a cartoon. Apparently he's a firebending master so I am going to put him at the top of the characters of shows I never watched.

CHRIS

From what I've seen from the show, I can totally see why he won the Avatar round.

WALLACE

I'm not much of an Avatar viewer, but reading and looking at stuff on Prince Zuko was rather interesting. He starts off quite bad, unlikable, spoiled and a bunch of negative features. He seems like someone that did bad things in the sense of thinking he could get away with it, but he also struggles with issues in his personal life. He seems to have a really powerful and compelling redemption arc and character growth in himself.  I take it that he learned from his bad childish behavior and becomes a throughful and helpful, which is always good in my book.

DIANA

I think this is is a clear #20 but that's just me. Meh is my only comment

QK

The only animated character on the list which makes Prince Zuko an easy 20th ranking.

• Steven_ changed the title to TV Characters Rankdowns (#14 Posted)
4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Or maybe some people aren't interested in animated shows.

its not that. Theres a very clear bias when it comes to certain rankers in rankdowns, and games on this site in general.  It is what it is.  

17 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Me thinking Prince Zuko had a chance to win after Derek and Alex were the first to send me their rankings:

tumblr_inline_nre5hppiw01qf0k5b_500.gif

Me after getting the rest of the rankings (besides Sola's):

tumblr_inline_nre5it740W1qf0k5b_500.gif

Awwww noo at this. I'm sorry for the cause of the latter part. 🙈

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

The gender bias argument is such a boring tale told over and over again :yawn:. Women tend to be the underdog on reality shows because they're constantly underestimated due to real gender biases. It's giving me "reverse sexism"

I don't disagree that women are underdogs on reality show the majority of the time.  Its not even a problem preferring them.  Most of my favorites are women.  That said  ranking men last because they have a male appendage is also dumb.  

Edited by Solaris

Just now, Solaris said:

I don't disagree that women are underdogs on reality show the majority of the time.  Its not even a problem preferring them.  Most of my favorites are women.  That said  ranking men last because they have a male appendage is also dumb.  

Zuko has no appendage. He's a cartoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ahh wow Prince Zuko's rankings are quite polarizing and all over the place. It's interesting how he got a mix of high and low rankings there. But good on him making it this far, as I wasn't sure and was thinking he might have been ranked lower. I do like what I have read about him.

13. TOPANGA LAWRENCE-MATTHEWS

59e24051c6dc5ce87ba4e7834e8dcfbf8dbed9f9.gifv

giphy.gif

BOY MEETS WORLD

WALLACE: 2

JC: 5

STEVEN: 6

QK: 8

DIANA: 11

ALEX: 13

CHRIS: 13

DEREK: 19

SOLA: 20

WALLACE

Queen Topanga is a QUEEN! :wub: Lol I always really loved Topanga from watching Boy Meets World when I was young. I thought she was the cutest/prettiest girl when she was younger and then the most beautiful woman as she was growing up, so yeah I had a bit of a crush on her. But who didn't? :giggle:But really, Topanga was a strong character right from the start. She was viewed as ~the weird girl~ at the start but I love how she was unafraid of being herself and who she really is. She beat to the march of her own drum. As she grew older, of course her insecurities would come out and show, which everyone goes through, it's natural. It was especially evident in that iconic hair cutting episode. Gosh also meant to mention, Topanga has the most beautiful hair too. Topanga also became and seemed more viewed as a ~regular teenage girl~ when she entered the high school stage. Topanga is just a really lovable and rootable character. She has a great relationship with Cory, and I felt she brought the best out of him for the most part. She brought so many great moments to the show. She was the obvious winner for Boy Meets World. I don't know or think she has much of a chance winning here, but I wouldn't be mad if she does win.

JC

Awkward girl turned gorgeous female who legit should not be hanging out with the idiots on that show, but without her, we would have lost brain cells so thank the lord we had the original Hermoine!

STEVEN

Boy Meets World is one of my all-time favorite TV shows and I really like Topanga, so of course I'm going to give her a high ranking. She starts off as the quirky girl who doesn't fit in, but then she grows up into a beautiful young woman. Instead of the eccentric hippie girl, she becomes more of an intelligent overachiever. The love story between Topanga and Cory is the heart of the show. Although they had many rocky moments, I do believe the chemistry between them made it easy to root for them to be together. I also think Topanga is the most likable character on the show and is usually making the most reasonable decisions (although I don't think she needed to give up Yale to be with Cory 🙈). But Topanga is an awesome character who is always great to her friends and family, and I can't imagine anyone disliking her.

QK

This is a show I watched when I was a kid. Topanga was my favorite.

DIANA

I think she was such a apart of my childhood I couldn't rank her less than this

ALEX

Obviously I love Boy Meets World and I gave Topanga a good ranking during that round. Topanga is the morality of Boy Meets World I believe. She's usually in the right and she (and Angela) tend to keep the other characters like Cory and Shawn grounded. I don't think Topanga holds up when comparing to her the most iconic characters in some of the most iconic shows on television. She's a solid character in a solid show, but not iconic.

CHRIS

We all grew up with BMW and I think it's fair to say that we all loved Topanga. Unfortunately, I prefer other characters to Topanga.

DEREK

Icon! But this show works better as an ensemble and the individual characters don't quite measure up on their own.

SOLA

More like Nopanga.  Get out.  Disliked her when I was a child when I saw this show, and dislike her as an adult.

• Steven_ changed the title to TV Characters Rankdowns (#13 Posted)
8 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Zuko has no appendage. He's a cartoon.

:dead:

I totally understand Sola's frustration though. I usually have to deal with the unjust peenocide on IDF too although in this case, I have no idea who this male character is so I'm fine with his ranking :giggle:

TOPANGA ROBBED HATES 💔

1 minute ago, JC said:

I totally understand Sola's frustration though. I usually have to deal with the unjust peenocide on IDF too although in this case, I have no idea who this male character is so I'm fine with his ranking :giggle:

TOPANGA ROBBED HATES 💔

It can't be peenocide when the character in question doesn't have one.  :dead:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JC said:

TOPANGA ROBBED HATES 💔

you should watch Avatar, you'd enjoy Zuko!