Artists you were sure would sing well live, but they didn´t. /Artists you thought would flop live but didn´t.

Misirlou

I was confident about them but they flopped:

• Davon Fleming,
  • Kirk Jay,
  • Támar Davis,
  • Dave Fenley,
  • Wé McDonald (except for the finale).

I thought they would flop but didn´t:

• Sarah Grace,
  • Cami Clune,
  • Sharane Calister,
  • Presley Tennant,
  • Shawn Sounds
  • Domenic Haynes (I loved his blind, but wasn´t sure how well he would do live given he has a very particular tone. Glad I was proven wrong).

4 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Carter: *proceeds to win the show by slaying Mariah Carey, Kermit the Frog, and Miley Cyrus* :lmao:

I would say he only slayed Kermit the Frog though. He did ok with Mariah and didn´t do good with Miley (The finale was his weakest week). But "Rainbow Connection" was indeed 👌

• Like 3

I thought they would flop but they didn't

- Jackie Foster = she was the biggest surprise during the PO's night that season bc I somehow thought there was auto tuning that had happened during the pre-lives for her lol)

- Sarah Grace = she really surprised me, for a young singer to sound that good live, wow.

- Presley Tennant = her audition obviously had some control pitch issues and her battle (even if it was good imo) I felt like I still have that doubt when it comes to her singing live, but boy she slayed that Cross Battle (might've pitch issues but it was impressive enough imo)

I thought they had it in the bag when it comes to singing live but the opposite actually happened:

- Courtney Harrell = she's the first artist who came to my mind for some reason. I'm just really bothered about the differences of her performances during the pre-lives to lives lol

- Kayslin Victoria = man, I just couldn't stand her cross battle (sorry if it's harsh lol). I was kinda sure about her doing really well on the lives, but turns out I was wrong

- Kendra Checketts = same as Kayslin 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

- Jackie Foster = she was the biggest surprise during the PO's night that season bc I somehow thought there was auto tuning that had happened during the pre-lives for her lol)

I was pissed she didn't get the PV the first PO night, but we got one more performance from her so 👀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I was pissed she didn't get the PV the first PO night, but we got one more performance from her so 👀

I preferred her Never Tear Us Apart than her Alone though (because of the stupid volume problems at the start lmao). But, yeah, she completely SLAAYED that high note of Alone. I was also pissed that time, but I kinda knew it was coming because of Britton lol 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pauwis said:

I was confident about them but they flopped: Davon, Jej, Christiana Danielle 

I thought they would flop but didn´t: Chevell, Jackie Foster, Brennley

As a Christiana fan, i wouldn't call her live performances as flop. It's just she doesn't appeal to the minivan.

Edited by Jyn Mycle

1 minute ago, Jyn Mycle said:

As a Christiana fan, i wouldn't call her live performances as flop. It's just she doesn't appeal to the minivan.

I’m a Christiana fan as well, and she definitely flopped lol. I don’t think it’s up for debate (Ain’t No Sunshine was decent tho) 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Daillon said:

I’m a Christiana fan as well, and she definitely flopped lol. I don’t think it’s up for debate (Ain’t No Sunshine was decent tho) 

I still disagree, are you guys deaf? Hey Ya and Say Something and Take Me to Church are not flop performances, Ain't no sunshine as well.

I think Umbrella is her worst. But tbh she didn't flop hard at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

exactly. It seems like sometimes she didn't even know how to use the mic, it was disappointing

Edited by pauwis

Flopped :(

Jej Vinson (The only person that was rivaling Maelyn for me and then...... tough)

Christiana Danielle (Some weeks were so good!! Say Something was nothing short of brilliant, but her two playoffs on a technical level were atrocities)

We McDonald (I wouldn't even say We FLOPPED but it was just never as good as her prelives)

Dave Fenley (I actually really liked Dave prelives, but homeboy really did struggle in the lives and Use Me was like drunk karaoke at a wedding)

Soared

Red Marlow (As boring and plain as he was, I was not a fan as you could tell, he wasn't a bad singer)

Rod Stokes (I actually disliked his prelives and was like yuck why is he here, but in lives for some reason he clicked for me and he really stepped up the plate. In both cross battles and their Beatles duet, I thought Maelyn would stomp him but he held his own)

Jackie Verna (While I wouldn't say she slayed her lives, I just thought her inexperience would make her awful but I actually really enjoyed Tim McGraw, Love Triangle, and Strawberry Wine)

Edited by thevoiceswimmer

3 hours ago, pauwis said:

exactly. It seems like sometimes she didn't even know how to use the mic, it was disappointing

No, no, i need proof.

If she flopped hard, then why did Alicia saved her instead of Terrence? 🧐

Screenshot_2021-04-18-20-23-32-57.jpg

Edited by Jyn Mycle

6 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

- Presley Tennant = her audition obviously had some control pitch issues and her battle (even if it was good imo) I felt like I still have that doubt when it comes to her singing live, but boy she slayed that Cross Battle (might've pitch issues but it was impressive enough imo)

two queens :wub: jackie is so underrated

17 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Flopped (not all of the time but sometimes): Jackie Foster (S14)

Either she nailed the song (e.g "Gravity") or it was a disaster (e.g. "Here I Go Again"). :dead:

some song choices were. not it

6 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

- Courtney Harrell = she's the first artist who came to my mind for some reason. I'm just really bothered about the differences of her performances during the pre-lives to lives lol

- Kayslin Victoria = man, I just couldn't stand her cross battle (sorry if it's harsh lol). I was kinda sure about her doing really well on the lives, but turns out I was wrong

- Kendra Checketts = same as Kayslin 

all three were so great pre-lives, but kayslin flopped (dunno about courtney, i'll take your word for it).

i loved kendra's po and cb performances - i know one of them was bad at first cause of the sound stuff, but her rich tone is amazing to me! i respect your opinion though lol

• Like 1