The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

3 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Thank you everyone. :wub: They had to run some tests on me, but everything came back fine and I’m at home resting now.

Glad to hear you're okay Amanda! ❤️ 

So I started a binge rewatch a little over a week ago, and decided to go back and redo a few writeups. Brandon & Nicole are the main reason I did this, because as it turns out they're RACIST SCUMBAGS, but I also redid David & Jeff's.

On 4/7/2021 at 12:31 PM, Weedy_Speedy said:

David & Jeff

Season 4

gJERR7d.jpg

While Season 4 had the special hook of casting a married gay couple for the season's token male alphadouche team, they also decided to ~go the extra mile~ and cast a straight token male alphadouche team as well. David & Jeff probably have the distinction of being the least memorable final three team ever. They had no discernible personalities aside from 'competently perform tasks' they had a few big moments such as:

-Aligning with Reichen & Chip, which went south after Chip failed to get a fiacre pass for them after Millie smashed her face into it ( ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ).

-"You think you're privileged!"

-Jeff: "Here are generic directions to get to our next destination in Borneo." David: "K. F*ck off."

-*shares a taxi with Jon & Al in South Korea* "What could possibly go wrong?"

After winning the Fast Forward by almost drowning a girl in a controlled lifeguard simulation, they made a dumb decision to fly to Sidney in the final leg without a confirmed flight to get to their next destination in Honolulu, putting them out of contention after Reichen/Chip and Kelly/Jon decided that they knew how to race competently after 12 legs. In conclusion, Team Guido did it better.

Save Brodie & Kurt (almost wish I still had my Express Pass lmao, I'm sorry but their alpha/beta male dynamic with Brodie sucking at everything was AMAZING)

On 4/9/2021 at 12:20 AM, Weedy_Speedy said:

Brandon & Nicole

Season 5

Brandon_and_Nicole.png

TAR5 is a top-tier season but I honestly don't care about these two so they can go now. Really the only blight spot of that top 6, their shtick was that they were models and huge Christians. Other than that, they were boring, to the extent that the show's editors would go out of their way to take the piss out of them. The example that immediately springs to mind was when they were having trouble getting a flight in an early leg, only for the camera to pan over to a group of NUNS descending the escalator right before they found their flight lmao. Anyway, their other "high points" I guess were Nicole completely failing at the caviar-eating roadblock, and their decision not to go for the head-shaving Fast Forward because they didn't want to cut *his* hair. Unfortunately, that was a rare consecutive NEL leg, so they survived into the final three when we could've had more Kami & Karli shenanigans in the top 4. What could have been! Le sigh.

UPDATE: On rewatch I also came to realize that they're super problematic! So on leg 7, teams are instructed to fly to Kenya before signing up for one of three charter flights to Tanzania. Upon arrival there, they had to ride a bus to the Detour destination. Well Brandon & Nicole (along with Kami & Karli) were on the second charter flight, and they boarded a mostly-empty bus. Paranoid about Charla & Mirna and Linda & Karen catching up with them, Brandon & Nicole decide to bitch at the bus driver to completely shortcharge himself against taking extra passengers. Yeah I know it's a race but this is kind of what the dude does to earn his living, jack*ss. They promise to pay him $100 to go and the guy decides to do it. But turns out that, once the driver decided to ask Brandon for his money during the ride, he didn't want to pay him because "I don't know if you're a trustworthy man." It reaches a head once they get to the destination and the bus driver, understandably pissed the f*ck off, asks for the rest of his money but these privileged "god-fearing" asswipes won't pay him the money they promised because they felt unsafe/that the dude was dangerous. :rolleyes: 

I don't know how such a display of OPEN RACISM managed to fly under people's radar, but hopefully for whomever reads this revised write-up, Brandon & Nicole will also go from "boringly competent third placers" to "cancelled dickwads". It's pretty funny too, because my roommate was watching one of the early episodes with me, and he looked up Brandon on FB and told me "he looks like a white supremacist." Lo and behold--he's absolutely right.

Save Kelly & Jon. I don't understand the Reichen & Chip fascination lmao, I mean they were gay but they were also assh*les (like everyone else that season). Kelly & Jon were at least fun/entertaining assh*les!

CYCLE 4: SAVE A TEAM

giphy.gif

In this cycle, instead of making a cut and a save, you will only be making saves. When it is your turn to nominate, you will nominate 8 teams. The other 6 rankers will each choose to save 1 team, and the 2 teams remaining after all of the saves will be eliminated.

RULES

1. When it is your turn, you will nominate 8 teams.

2. On a first come first serve basis, the other 6 rankers will each choose 1 team to save.

3. The last 2 teams remaining will be eliminated.

4. The nominator will be responsible for the a 100-word write-up for each of the eliminated teams.

5. Express passes are still in play! If you choose to use yours, the team will be safe for the rest of the cycle and the ranker(s) who show up last for the round will not get a save.

6. You cannot nominate any team save in the round immediately before yours or that has the express pass.

7. You have 24 hours to make your save. If you let 24 hours pass without doing so or asking for an extension, you will receive a strike and any other ranker can jump in to make a save in your place.

NOMINATION ORDER

b01OB7M.png

1. @*Chris

2. @Weedy_Speedy

3. @*Diana

4. @Alex95

5. @QueenKalie

6. @Steven_

7. @JC

Chris is up first! You cannot nominate:

Aaron & Arianne

Terence & Sarah

Denise & James Earl

Leo & Alana

Tim & Te Jay

Justin & Jennifer

• Like 1

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Cycle 4 Info Posted)
  • *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Chris' Nominations Posted)