The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

Who's turn is it? Nothing was posted yesterday hope that wasn't my fault lol.

It's Alex's turn, but neither Chris nor Diana have done write-ups, and Amanda has been awol nevermind lol.

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

Just now, QueenKalie said:

Who's turn is it? Nothing was posted yesterday hope that wasn't my fault lol.

Alex is

It was mine! :dead: Was super busy all day and really only had time to respond to PM’s for the other Rankdowns.

Just now, Weedy_Speedy said:

It's Alex's turn, but neither Chris nor Diana have done write-ups, and Amanda has been awol nevermind lol.

They just need to have their write-ups in by the end of the cycle but I will start harassing people about write-ups soon. :dead:

Dave & Margaretta

TpeYmnE.jpg

Another couple from Season One bites the dust. This time it is Dave and Mararetta. The first of many of that type of racers. The older couple that they cast almost every season. Dave Groark and Margaretta Groark are a Married 40 Years team on The Amazing Race 1. They surprised many and managed to work their way into 8th place, where they were eliminated after their cab driver would not accept their American money. Another story-line that we have seen a lot over the years.  I have nothing really against them I just chose people I felt were either nominated a lot or just lasting too long. Shrugs.

Tramel & Talicia

image.webp

Tramel Raggs and Talicia Raggs are a brother and sister team on The Amazing Race 3. They are another team on this rankdown that have been nominated before a lot but always got saved. They felt like a easy couple to nominate because they have been a target by a few different racers so it's time for them to go. They were the second team eliminated from the season in 11th place. Season 3 was iconic but these two just weren't. They were a team that at the beginning of the season you would expect to do very well but they just flopped and a good example of you can never really predict who is going to well on this race.

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Alex's Nominations Posted)
5 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Season 3 was iconic but these two just weren't.

...How dare you.

CLhxzuH.gif

Also they started the race with "my brother is a genius and we won't have any problems!" to racing terribly and being a lulzy early boot. ❤️ This is a fair spot for them on the rankdown though, lol.

• Like 1

Ok so now I'm on Family Edition, my first time watching it from beginning to end since 2005. A lot of people say the season is underrated/the cast is great so I'm going into this not pre-judging based on the concept/US route and and trying to be as fair as possible. At this point, I've watched the first four episodes.

Anyway, I don't buy it. For a lot of reasons, really, but here are a few of them:

Have any of you ever noticed that this is literally the whitest season ever? 👽 I guess that's par the course for mainly sticking to the US, but besides that, just look at the cast. The Black family is the ONLY minority family in the entire cast! I was amazed when I figured this out. When I told my roommate there was a Family Edition for TAR, he asked me if there were any gay families, which I responded: "It was 2005, do you think there was a gay family?" But I didn't realize that it was so bad there was only ONE minority family on the entire cast! AND it was a team with young children, so they were obvious cannon fodder. Pretty disgusting.

Taking a look at the other families:

-Gaghans: Literally this is a two-person team--the kids don't contribute to their standing in the race. Even in leg two, when they were lost looking for the reflecting pool, Billy suggested they ask someone about it, and Bill just brushed him off. I'm not against having minors on the race, but 11/12 really should've been the bare minimum. Primary school-aged kids had no business being there.

-Rogers/Schroeder: ...Was this a copy/paste? Both dads were douches who thought they should make all their families' decisions. Hilariously, this led to both teams being eliminated, and since they had nothing to add to the show I wasn't upset by either. "We are a bibical family who think the man should make all decisions"...yeah, kiss my gay ass, d-bag.

-Paolos: Are amazing, and the best team of the season. Tony is all 😄 about everything, Marion is a goddess, DJ is a borderline psychopath, and Brian tries his best to stay normal. Brian being the only person who recognized Kevin & Drew. ❤️❤️❤️ They are the best thing about this season and really should've been the casting hook for the season in general--parents with two kids that are old enough to contribute to their standing on the race.

-Weaver: Aren't irritating me as of yet, but we'll see. I did think it was funny that they showed the Aiellos and Schroeders hating them for unexplained reasons, only for them to be the next two teams out. Clearly the universe is pro-Weaver.

Also, another thing about the cast: only five teams had actual minors on them. The rest of the teams were all ADULTS. Like...why?! Having two teams with 8-year-olds racing against 4 teams with mostly grown men? It's like they wanted to have kids on the race, but got cold feet before committing to the idea all the way.

-Aiellos: Interesting casting hook, but they were irritating as f*ck their last leg so I wasn't sad to see them go.

-Godlewskis/Bransens: 7/8s of these two teams are 20/30-something blonde women. Why?! I usually get annoyed with the blonde teams anyway because they almost always look exactly the same. The Bransens don't annoy me as much because Wally is awesome, but the Godlewskis are just redundant. An all-adult sister team with a all-adult mostly-sister team is just blech.

-Linzez: They're ok, they don't irritate me. Young sibling teams are usually pretty good.

-I'd also like to point out that despite being parents/kids, the Rogers family were also all adults.

So yeah, I'm not seeing why FE has been so glossed over all these years. Taking the lack of diversity in the cast and adding it to long stretches on the interstate, tasks such as "drive through this mud," "saw this log," or "run through a Civil War reenactment complete with gunz!1", it is all way too The Amazing White People Race for me. It maddens me that they went to New Orleans just for a pit stop. A beautiful city with so much culture and heritage? And they thought it better to waste time in rural Alabama and Mississippi? Gross.

Funny enough, I wouldn't mind if they attempted this concept again, just as long as they went all-in on it. There probably would be a gay family nowadays, and given CBS' casting rules (they want more teams of color) it wouldn't be so much white people sleeping in a trailer park. Route-wise, I'm not against them sticking to North America, but I don't see what kept them from having a few legs in Mexico, and spending more time in Canada. I'll be back with more thoughts later, but yeah, just thought I'd put this here for discussion now in case anyone was interested.

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

Well I gave it a chance, but Family Edition really just seems like junk food reality TV for me. That's the only way I really see people liking it, and granted I love my TAR meltdowns, but I like it when the drama has to do with the situations the contestants find them in, not because everybody is a prick. That's why TAR4 is so bad, but at least it had Kelly & Jon. FE really has nobody.

I actually feel bad for the Weavers because while they may be hypocritical Christians, they were also a now-single mother and her three children trying to find their place in the world after the loss of their dad. Meanwhile we had the Schroeder mom going "THEY'RE EVIL!" after her POS husband mentioned shoving a disabled kid out of their wheelchair. :rolleyes: Kids can be sh*theads because they're KIDS, so I cut them slack. Adults being nasty towards kids is gross and uncomfortable and makes me hate all of them. The Linzdouches especially can blow off. The Gaghans are cool people I guess, but they're also Kris & Jon if they were 15 years older dragging their kids around America, so I didn't end up liking them either.

Anyway, just my $0.02. If the concept were to be revived without telling me "every family in America is straight, white (+one token black), and probably Christian" then maybe I'll give it another chance. Because seriously...yikes.