American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

8 hours ago, Elliott said:

Third.

Though Mario in S4 was going to be DQ’d but they let him withdraw beforehand so it would look better on all parts.

Oh this is confirmed now? I did wonder if that incident was true. 

18 hours ago, Elliott said:

I see we're bring the Daughtry/Kat fanwars back in 2021. 🙂

I like and am a fan of Chris' so I won't take part in any fanwar. 😘 

17 hours ago, Elliott said:

One of the contestants in the Top 5 (the token country guy from South Carolina) had a video go viral overnight from a couple years back of him sitting next to someone in a KKK hood*. They just announced an hour or so ago that he won't be competing on Sunday's show, so naturally people in the GD are like "OMG I HOPE THIS MEANS MY FAVE CAN RETURN" instead of focusing on what's actually happening here.

*or a costume from one of the killers in The Strangers if you listen to his mother

Yikes... Wow Caleb got disqualified? 😮 Wow I missed so much.  Though i understand the reasoning behind it.

12 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

This season of Idol is so weird. :dead: Benson dropping out, Wyatt disappearing, Arthur returning and now Caleb. :whut:

LMAO yeahh this is all a really crazy season of messiness lol.

12 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Idol saw a Voice contestant get caught up in a racist controversy and they were like hold my beer let me replicate. 

:lmao: 

The official American Idol YouTube channel has already removed all of Caleb’s videos. :haha:

The official American Idol Instagram as well. :haha:

Damn, the devil works hard but Disney works harder. :dead:

omggg lmao Danggg at this. :dead: But I can't blame them but dang i am surprised haha.

12 hours ago, Elliott said:

Third.

Though Mario in S4 was going to be DQ’d but they let him withdraw beforehand so it would look better on all parts.

Oooh whattt? He was suppose to be DQ'd? What was the reasoning? But lol yeah it does look better on both parts especially on Mario's. :haha: 

6 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LMAO yeahh this is all a really crazy season of messiness lol.

:lmao: 

omggg lmao Danggg at this. :dead: But I can't blame them but dang i am surprised haha.

Oooh whattt? He was suppose to be DQ'd? What was the reasoning? But lol yeah it does look better on both parts especially on Mario's. :haha: 

Supposedly it was that he was being inappropriate with some of the women behind the scenes. Idol caught wind and essentially said “either withdraw or we’re kicking you off,” which is probably what happened with Caleb as well.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Supposedly it was that he was being inappropriate with some of the women behind the scenes. Idol caught wind and essentially said “either withdraw or we’re kicking you off,” which is probably what happened with Caleb as well.

It thought the rumor was that he was caught messing with a man in a restroom? :dead: Where did I hear that rumor from. 😂 

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

It thought the rumor was that he was caught messing with a man in a restroom? :dead: Where did I hear that rumor from. 😂 

Controversy[edit]

In 2007, Magdaleno Olmos, an employee of Fremantle Media which produces American Idol, filed a lawsuit against Fremantle Media, Fox Entertainment, and Mario Vazquez claiming wrongful termination.[12] The lawsuit alleged that Vazquez sexually harassed Olmos by performing a lewd act in front of him and offered sexual favors.[13] Olmos claimed that he tried to report the incident to a superior but was threatened with dismissal, and he was "terminated" a few months after the incident. Olmos' lawyer also suggested that Idol producers had forced Vasquez out over the complaint, and claimed that Nigel Lythgoe, the show producer, had said to Olmos, "we know that this happened and we are going to let Mario Vazquez go, and you're going to stay."[14]

Vazquez was reported to be "very upset, almost distraught" over the claim and that he didn't even remember Magdaleno Olmos.[15] He had previously denied that he is gay and that he quit the show for "artistic reasons".[5] The judge later ruled that Olmos had signed an agreement to "arbitrate all disputes and not file a lawsuit," and sent the case to arbitration and put a hold on the lawsuit.[16]

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Ahh I did not know of this. Thanks for telling me.

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Oooh... I don't remember hearing this - but I might have back then?

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Controversy[edit]

In 2007, Magdaleno Olmos, an employee of Fremantle Media which produces American Idol, filed a lawsuit against Fremantle Media, Fox Entertainment, and Mario Vazquez claiming wrongful termination.[12] The lawsuit alleged that Vazquez sexually harassed Olmos by performing a lewd act in front of him and offered sexual favors.[13] Olmos claimed that he tried to report the incident to a superior but was threatened with dismissal, and he was "terminated" a few months after the incident. Olmos' lawyer also suggested that Idol producers had forced Vasquez out over the complaint, and claimed that Nigel Lythgoe, the show producer, had said to Olmos, "we know that this happened and we are going to let Mario Vazquez go, and you're going to stay."[14]

Vazquez was reported to be "very upset, almost distraught" over the claim and that he didn't even remember Magdaleno Olmos.[15] He had previously denied that he is gay and that he quit the show for "artistic reasons".[5] The judge later ruled that Olmos had signed an agreement to "arbitrate all disputes and not file a lawsuit," and sent the case to arbitration and put a hold on the lawsuit.[16]

https://www.tmz.com/2007/03/12/fallen-idol-accused-of-masturbating-in-front-of-male-employe/

NSFW. 💀

Just now, *Lily said:

Lololol and now I find out the runner up guy already got eliminated. What a wild year for Idol.

-Two withdraws

-A universally hated comeback twist that resulted in the lowest viewed episode in Idol history

-Last year’s runner-up being eliminated at the Top 7

-Judges missing various shows because of COVID exposure

-A contestant “withdrawing” due to a viral video of them hanging out next to someone in KKK garb

Between this and The Bachelor, I can only assume ABC has utilized the casting department from Drag Race.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Controversy[edit]

Ooh I remember hearing some of this but not all the details. Thanks for informing me.

7 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Checking into IDF

giphy.gif

Seeing defence of the racist contestant in the main forum

tenor.gif?itemid=7307633

Considering one of said person have an icon of NFranzel, I ain`t surprise. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Lololol and now I find out the runner up guy already got eliminated. What a wild year for Idol.

LMAO Yeah he only lasted 2 weeks which shows what a waste that twist was. :dead: Granted... he probably would have lasted longer than any of the other wildcards had they advanced but that twist was not needed lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I like and am a fan of Chris' so I won't take part in any fanwar.😘 

Cut: Chris Daughtry "Innuendo"

I have cut performances from Chris/Mandisa/Paris/Katharine all of whom I am fans of soo... 😘  And other faves from past seasons. :claybhleh: