Which gender will win Season 19?

CandiceFan12

Which gender will win Season 19?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which gender will win Season 19?

• Male
    • Female

58 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

I feel like last year it would have been a male if it was live shows at the studio last season. Also, Just Sam was really talented though.

Yeah, I think Just Sam lucked out with the COVID-19 format and terrible finale voting system. ☹️

31 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, I think Just Sam lucked out with the COVID-19 format and terrible finale voting system. ☹️

At least it wasn't like American Idol Season 12 when the obvious choice of who would win became the winner of American Idol (Candice Glover). Also, at least it wasn't all guys who didn't make it first and then just girls left.

2 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

At least it wasn't like American Idol Season 12 when the obvious choice of who would win became the winner of American Idol (Candice Glover). Also, at least it wasn't all guys who didn't make it first and then just girls left.

That’s true, I personally thought there were more deserving girls that season, but that’s just me. 🤷‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

I thought there were some good guys too. I think they were putting through bad guys on purpose so a girl could have an easier time winning that season.

No, I highly doubt that. They only (mainly) did that in Season 12 where the season was rigged to have a girl win. 

Just now, anticoronaperson said:

Yeah I'm saying in just Season 12 that they put bad guys through and there were good ones in that season that they didn't put through that should have went through.

Oh ok, I thought you were referring to Season 18.

NO clue. This would be more interesting...

Will a soulful singer songwriter African American guy win? Or will a rocker girl who's Asian or Hispanic win???

Those backgrounds and music genres would make interesting winners! Simply then saying BOY or GIRL. :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 4:41 AM, anticoronaperson said:

I feel like last year it would have been a male if it was live shows at the studio last season. Also, Just Sam was really talented though.

Actually, Just Sam might have won even if it had been live shows at the studio last season!  While the voting system in the finale did not help Dillon, Francisco or Jonny since they lived on the West Coast, I think that other factors would have hurt them anyway, along with Arthur.

Francisco had a bad case of nerves early on and had he actually performed in the studio, he might well have crashed and burned.  Jonny was too introverted as a singer to win.  Arthur had a love-it-or-hate it style of singing and that might have hurt him before the finale had COVID-19 not shortened the season.  And Dillon was too stoic when compared to Just Sam.  While COVID-19 gave Just Sam sentimental support since she wasn’t with her grandmother, she would have thrived on a live studio performance with fans had the pandemic not struck, so I think that she would have won anyway.

Anyway, I think that a girl will win this season.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

Actually, the person who has the best chances of launching some kind of career after Idol should win. 

In the real world, it takes more than just being able to sing.

Just Sam could sing, but from all indications, she's already been dropped from the label.  But she's basically a niche artist and that would have always been a tough sell in the mainstream market.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...