Snatch Game: The Mini-Rankdown (Tournament Final Round, Due Feb 7th)

Solaris

Darn if only Zoey could have put BenDaLaCreme one spot lower, I could have had another perfect game in this game. :dead: :giggle: But I see that Derek had the perfect game here, so well done to him there!

Pretty great order that I do mostly agree on. Fantastic Top 2 although I'm in the minority that would have had them swapped, of course. :haha: 

• Like 1

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snatch Game Season 10:

8. Beyonce (Asia O'Hara)

4 Times The Judges Let The Queens Change The Personalities of Their Snatch  Game Characters — Sydney Yaeko

Average: 7.80

Rankings:

@*Chris - 7

@FrogLenzen - 8

@Elliott - 8

@Solaris - 8

@*Wallace - 8

Chris

Terrible.

Derek

I will never understand how she escaped the bottom 2 for this challenge. I actually think this needs to be included in conversations about the worst of all time. The look was... whatever. But the answers were not just unfunny, but they actively destroyed humor and sucked all the energy out of the room. The one rule in improv is "say yes!" and Asia was grumpy in the corner saying "no" to every single thing happening around her. Just a sour awful unfunny cringy slog.

Elliott

Beyoncé has been disrespected on Snatch Game too much.

Sola

This was a choice.  Beyonce is mean apparently.

Wallace

Ugh it's so insulting how the contestants on this show do horribly as Beyoncé on Snatch Game. This is no different, as Asia did really bad here. She made Beyoncé mean, moody, unlikable and not funny. It even seemed like she took some of the jokes personally against her in a bad way.

7. Blue Ivy Carter (The Vixen)

Racing With Haley: Snatch Game -

Average:  7.00

Rankings:

@*Chris - 8

@FrogLenzen - 7

@Elliott - 7

@Solaris - 7

@*Wallace - 6

Chris

Terrible.

Derek

Just a really awful character to pick. There's like 0.5 jokes that you can even make with this character. And then Vixen didn't make any choices in the execution to elevate it or make it funny/interesting. But it didn't help that Asia was cutting her off and killing all her joke attempts. 

Elliott

Bad.

Sola

Who in there right mind would think this would be a good idea?  The Vixen clearly.

Wallace

Interesting choice. We don't really know much of Blue's personality so The Vixen could have gone in any direction here. She played the kid character.... as a kid, and I do like how she tried to interact with her mother, Beyoncé. But she didn't do anything really funny here. And I felt Eureka outshined The Vixen as a child character.

6. Maxine Waters (Monique Hart)

Skeletampire — #Reclaiming My Time

Average: 6.20

Rankings:

@*Chris - 6

@FrogLenzen - 6

@Elliott - 6

@Solaris - 6

@*Wallace - 7

Chris

Terrible.

Derek

I can't pretend this is good. But at least it's better than the ones below.

Elliott

Not that great but easily should’ve been safe over Asia, wtf.

Sola

Not good.  Not worthy of bottom 2 over 7 or 8 though.

Wallace

Hmm, didn't get much from this nor really found Maxine too funny here. Yikes at that moment where she got lost when Ru was trying to make banter with her.... and didn't know what to say. Kinda embarrassing.

5. Dorothy Parker (Miz Cracker)

ANOTHER RUVIEW: SEASON 10, EPISODE 7 - Movie Meister Reviews

Average: 4.40

Rankings:

@*Chris - 5

@FrogLenzen - 5

@Elliott - 4

@Solaris - 4

@*Wallace - 4

Chris

Did a decent job. 

Derek

Yikes. She seemed terrified the entire time. At least she got her answers off and they were mildly amusing. But this really killed her momentum and solidified the "overthinker" storyline

Sola

A decent job, not much separated 4-5 as very meh middle placers.

Wallace

Liked the snarky moments she had as she came off as humorous. Her comment at the start of being told she would be making jokes with smart, beautiful people and her disappointment with this cast, was a funny moment. She had a few other funny moments here and there too.

Edited by Solaris

Snatch Game Season 10 continued:

4. Chyna (Kameron Michaels)

Racing With Haley: Snatch Game -

Average: 3.80

Rankings:

@*Chris - 3

@FrogLenzen - 4

@Elliott - 2

@Solaris - 5

@*Wallace - 5

Chris

Underrated.

Derek

She couldn't decide on the voice at first.. it wasn't clear whether the low voice was a change in character choice or a joke that went on too long. But overall this was a very good approach.

Elliott

I lived for it.  

Sola

Felt pretty non-existent to me.  

Wallace

Had the look down, and I think a good voice as Chyna. Just wasn't too funny throughout. But had a few decent moments here and there.

3. Honey Boo Boo (Eureka O'Hara)

How (Blank) Was She?!' The Definitive Ranking of 'Drag Race' Snatch Game  Episodes by Season | Hornet, the Queer Social Network

Average: 3.00

Rankings:

@*Chris - 4

@FrogLenzen - 2

@Elliott - 5

@Solaris - 2

@*Wallace - 2

Chris

Predictable but good.

Derek

Hilarious. Eureka murdered S10, like her or not. Look was funny, banter was funny, answers were funny. Instead of letting her schtick of the illiterate answers get old, she escalated each answer to be more ridiculous than the last. Really skillful showing of comedy and timing with that approach.

Elliott

Eureka doing well by playing a child? How shocking.

Sola

This was so stupid.  But it was stupid funny.  Good job to Eureka for pulling that out.

Wallace

I know this will be polarizing from us rankers as Euerka isn't well liked but I thought she gave a fun and hilarious portrayal of Honey Boo Boo throughout the segment. She had the look, attitude and humor all down. Maybe all of the drawing jokes got a bit repetitive but I found it all funny.

2. Maya Angelou (Monet X Change)

The cream always rises to the top — Maya Angelou's soliloquy from Snatch  Game.

Average: 2.00

Rankings:

@*Chris - 2

@FrogLenzen - 3

@Elliott - 1

@Solaris - 3

@*Wallace - 1

Chris

Enjoyed it.

Derek

Great. This top 3 were some of the best we have had, but I believe strongly that this is solidly in third place. Audra was LIVING for this hahaha. 

Elliott

“Maya Angelou ain’t no punk bitch” lives rent free in my mind.

Sola

Solid performance, didn't have me laughing like Eureka or Melanie did though.  

Wallace

Well, this was a much better Maya performance from Monét. She had some funny jokes and did really well with the accent. LOL I loved the part where she did the "If these *bleep* come for me" poem, all in that Maya voice.  OK that poem overtook her for my #1 here.

1. Melanie Trump (Aquaria)

ONTD Original: The Best Seasons' Snatch Games Of RuPaul's Drag Race,  Ranked: ohnotheydidnt — LiveJournal

Average: 1.80

Rankings:

@*Chris - 1

@FrogLenzen - 1

@Elliott - 3

@Solaris - 1

@*Wallace - 3

Chris

Truly the saving grace of this snatch game. 

Derek

This is when Aquaria won the season. Look was perfect. Answers were funny. But most of all, Aquaria was actually able to serve some of the best banter with the others/Ru that we have seen in a while. This genuinely impressed me.

Elliott

Fine with her winning, but I preferred my top two.

Sola

This was one of Aquaria's shining moments in her season.  She was quick, she had dry humor that we would expect Melanie to have and she delivered every time she was given an opportunity to speech.  Any hole is a goal is a line I quote very frequently. 

Wallace

Aquaria was quite a surprise here. She was more of an understated funny as Melania, where she had some really funny humorous moments throughout even though she didn't really steal the scene. I don't quite get how she got the win but she was still funny.

• Solaris changed the title to Snatch Game: The Mini-Rankdown (Season 10 due 12/8)

All-Stars Season 4 Snatch Game:

Its time for All-Stars Season 4 Snatch Game. I have attached the YouTube link for your review. 

The cast:

Jenny Bui (Gia Gunn)

Della Reese (Latrice Royale)

Barbra Streisand (Manila Luzon)

Whitney Houston (Monét X Change)

Tiffany Haddish (Monique Hart)

Wendy Williams (Naomi Smalls)

Caitlyn Jenner (Trinity the Tuck)

Eartha Kitt (Valentina)

Rank each of the celebrity impersonations 1 to 8.  Commentary is not required but appreciated!   This is due Wednesday, Dec 8nd at 12 CST.

Tagging people who might still be interested!

@*Chris @Elliott @*Wallace @*Lily @sublymonal @Deeee @#jeah @Zoey @FrogLenzen @JC

Also If you will be participating in multiple seasons, please keep all rankings to one private message chain as to prevent too many messages.  Thanks.

• Solaris changed the title to Snatch Game: The Mini-Rankdown (All-Stars Season 4 due 12/8)

Aww I wish Monet had won as she really cracked me up here but oh well. Aquaria was a good winner but still found others funnier. Lol me and Elliott being the only ones to place her 3rd. :giggle:❤️ 

And I knew Eureka's rankings would be polarizing but happy she came in 3rd, at least.

Lol I fell so behind here. :dead:

Season 10 snatch game appeared on my recommended videos recently and was refreshing to see three strong performances in Eureka, Aquaria and Monét. Eureka’s was a little repetitive but also totally nailed the character. On reflection I think I’d have given the win to Monét..she did so well and wish she had another strong showing in AS4.

I love Asia and she’s one of my favourite queens but I have to skip any of her scenes now in SG as it’s tooooo cringe. She was lucky to not have lip synced (Vixen did a bad job but also did not help that Asia was basically overtaking her character).

Will get my AS4 rankings in tonight hopefully!

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 5:07 PM, *Wallace said:

Aww I wish Monet had won as she really cracked me up here but oh well. Aquaria was a good winner but still found others funnier. Lol me and Elliott being the only ones to place her 3rd. :giggle:❤️

And also the one ones to recognize the real winner of snatch game. :giggle:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

On reflection I think I’d have given the win to Monét..she did so well and wish she had another strong showing in AS4.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the runway that tipped the scales in Aquaria's favour. Aquaria had that iconic oil spill mermaid look and Monét had a dress made out of materials that was on her body.

Kinda why I think Monique was in the B2 over Asia because Ru didn't want another Maskgate with Asia's face not being done under her mask.

Just now, Elliott said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the runway that tipped the scales in Aquaria's favour. Aquaria had that iconic oil spill mermaid look and Monét had a dress made out of materials that was on her body.

Kinda why I think Monique was in the B2 over Asia because Ru didn't want another Maskgate with Asia's face not being done under her mask.

I forgot that was the same week but that would totally make sense :haha: Plus they seem to love that young fashion queen winning Snatch Game storyline recently.

Agreed - wish Monique didn’t lipsync but at the same time it gave us the iconic “Cut to the Feeling” lipsync which lives in my mind rent-free :wub:

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

Agreed - wish Monique didn’t lipsync but at the same time it gave us the iconic “Cut to the Feeling” lipsync which lives in my mind rent-free :wub:

You know Monique Heart was really the heart of season ten when she bombs a Carly Rae Jepsen lip sync and the gays still love her.

And also that the season lost all of its charisma and fun when she left.

12 minutes ago, Elliott said:

And also the one ones to recognize the real winner of snatch game. :giggle:

Press Conference Kermit GIF

If only we had Lily with us. :( 

11 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Ooooh that actually makes a lot of sense. I think I had thought/expected Monét to have won but then the runway outfits and comments had me think differently. Or so I think I thought that?