Biggest flops IDF made while predicting

Misirlou

We´ve had a number of them, but I´ll start with something:

On S17, I remember IDF was glowing with happiness  and convinced Hoot was DOA when they leaked Melinda´s KO backstory with Taylor Swift on Friday before Monday´s episode. And they were convinced he was toast and predicting who was going to be another option for PV when he was gone.

Turns out, not only was her story leaked just because of the TSwift connection, but Hoot ended up delivering the performance that pretty much won him the season and eliminated Melinda.

What else do you remember:

Edited by Misirlou

Biggest Joke Ever - Gracee Shriver will receive PV #1 on Team Blake and will end up winning S17(despite knowing the fact that Ricky was on the same team).

Dave Fenly getting the PV #1 was also astonishing.

Abby Cates getting PV #1 on Team Kelly.

• Like 2

Just last season, several people (including myself) thought that Blake would hold onto Worth the Wait no matter what, even after both Taryn* and Ben wiped the floor with them, and that even if they didn't get the public vote in the Playoffs, Blake would save them.

Instead, he drops them for Jim and leaves them for the Wildcard, which they don't even win.

*I really thought that Blake would've held onto Taryn for dear life and not let her go for any reason.  I guess he was that obsessed with Ian, Jim, and Worth the Wait.

8 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Biggest Joke Ever - Gracee Shriver will receive PV #1 on Team Blake and will end up winning S17(despite knowing the fact that Ricky was on the same team).

I kinda expected both Gracee and Abby to get exposed.

Dave caught me off guard though. Proof that even the most experienced of performers can easily crack under this situations.

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Sid Kingsley “frontrunner”

Yeah, I got carried away with that one too. The huge reception he got from his battle is what made people believe he had a chance at PV. Add the numerous praise from Minivan and you have the IDF hype train ready.

That being said, I stopped thinking he had a chance the minute I saw his playoff song choice.

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Dave caught me off guard though. Proof that even the most experienced of performers can easily crack under this situations.

After In Case You Didn't Know, I had zero doubt in my mind that Kirk will get the first PV.

For PV #2, before watching the PO performances, I thought Michael might get it but after watching the performances I was pretty sure about Chris. I really loved the meltdowns everywhere when King Chris received the PV. 😂

Edited by Hamza Tufail

17 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Not speaking for everyone, but Payge beating Carter for the spot of Gwen's frontrunner was never going to happen. And a TON of people thought it would, granted I think that quickly faltered after Carter's KO.

That happened like crazy after Payge´s KO was aired, and people were still under the impression that Carter was going to be overshadowed by Chloé in the KO given the hype that the spoilers gave her. Ironically, it ended up being the opposite, and it solidified Carter as the one to beat.

Kennedy will win. 

Kirk will win. 

I’ll take ownership of the first one, because I was saying that up until bloodbath week. 

The second one though....His performances just weren’t good enough to win the show, no matter how loyal Blake’s fanbase is. 

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Sid Kingsley “frontrunner”

I genuinely thought that he had the chance at PV or at least Wildcard after all the hype he received after his battle. Too bad the hype-train didn't lasted after that, not even his knockout could bring half the hype he received in his battle (Maybe because he was in the same episode as Carter, and Carter's performance overshadowed literally every other performance in that episode)

33 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

There was a time when people assumed a teen girl (especially country) was a lock to go deep in the competition, and maybe win it all. Fast forward a few years, and we haven’t had a teen girl in the finale for 4 straight seasons. Looks like it’s about to be 5. BTW, I didn’t view Gracee as a potential finalist. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Kennedy will win. 

Kirk will win. 

I’ll take ownership of the first one, because I was saying that up until bloodbath week. 

The second one though....His performances just weren’t good enough to win the show, no matter how loyal Blake’s fanbase is. 

Based on his iTunes sales, i was conviced that he would win. Not gonna lie, it was a pleasant surprise watching him getting third place because i knew there was no chance Chris would win over Chevel, it was a really satisfactory result despite Kennedy getting only 4th (A Chevel-Kennedy Top 2 would have been epic) 

And, btw, i personally never thought Kennedy would win, not even for a single second. After Kyla didn't win the previous season, i convinced myself that a black female will never win this show, not even a teenager black girl.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Based on his iTunes sales, i was conviced that he would win. Not gonna lie, it was a pleasant surprised watching him getting third place because i knew there was no chance Chris would win over Chevel, it was a really satisfactory result despite Kennedy getting only 4th (A Chevel-Kennedy Top 2 would have been epic) 

And, btw, i personally never thought Kennedy would win, not even for a single second. After Kyla didn't win the previous season, i convinced myself that a black female will never win this show, not even a teenager black girl.

Haaaard agree. I thought Kirk was winning from the beginning. Not only were his iTunes the best of the season overall, but his social media standings were also incredibly strong, even on his worst performances. It seemed like he had the competition locked up, and suddenly he got third. Can't say I expected that at all, considering I had him pegged as the winner for so long.

As for Kennedy... yeah she never had a shot at winning as much as it hurts to admit it. Her blind audition hype probably had a lot of people fooled, but I just KNEW that it wasn't going to last forever, and pegged 3rd place as her ceiling with no thought of her ever missing the finale even passing my mind. The fact that she had to be instantly saved is still something I have trouble comprehending given her hype and pimping for a while, not to mention the extremely unexpected Chris Kroeze PV being what pushed her to that position.

Edited by MatthewPalermo

I remember that several people here thought that Kyndal Inskeep would be Gwen's best shot at winning (or at least getting to the finale) in season seventeen.  And she did have a good trajectory for getting there.  She was a country girl (generally, at least) and had gotten some pretty decent support.  Her performances had also been excellent in the pretaped rounds.

Then, the Playoffs arrived, and nerves got to her, and that was the end.  Gwen inexplicably gives Myracle, who registered on nearly no fan's radar, the save over her and Jake.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I remember that several people here thought that Kyndal Inskeep would be Gwen's best shot at winning (or at least getting to the finale) in season seventeen.  And she did have a good trajectory for getting there.  She was a country girl (generally, at least) and had gotten some pretty decent support.  Her performances had also been excellent in the pretaped rounds.

Then, the Playoffs arrived, and nerves got to her, and that was the end.  Gwen inexplicably gives Myracle, who registered on nearly no fan's radar, the save over her and Jake.

Kyndal is not a country singer....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Anyone who does country I'm pretty much going to assume is one.  Therefore, she is, as far as I'm concerned.

Then you must think Brynn, Addison and Kennedy are country singers too. 

Kyndal sang a country song for her battle. The artists don’t pick those. Then she sang a Dan & Shay song that got her eliminated. Dan & Shay are pop singers, despite how their music is classified. She also sang a Sia song and a Three Dog Night song. I don’t know what her genre is, but it’s not country. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Can anyone explain to me that What exactly a Pre-Taped performance means??? If I'm not wrong then Pre means before, So to which performances y'all are referring to when you say Pre-Taped(aka Before Taped).

The "pre" in the word "pre-taped" indicates that something was taped before, as opposed to it being live. I think @echoap complained about the same thing in Cami's fan thread a couple of weeks ago lol 😂

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the verb "pretape" means "to record on tape in advance". 🧐😉

Edited by disney1024

45 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Can anyone explain to me that What exactly a Pre-Taped performance means??? If I'm not wrong then Pre means before, So to which performances y'all are referring to when you say Pre-Taped(aka Before Taped).

Taped before airing