The DWTS Dances Mini Rankdown (Season 5, Round 2)

*Amanda

SEASON 1 DANCES

5. "Soul Bossa Nova"

Samba Performed by Rachel Hunter & Jonathan Roberts

2vFiHAg.png

Watch Here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d0o2h

Diana: 2/10

Dee: 3/10
Lily: 3/10

Sola: 3/10

Amanda: 4/10

Gigi: 4/10
Alex: 6/10

Chris: 6/10

Wally: 6/10

Cam: 7/10

IDF Derek: 8/10

Elliott: 9/10

Kaley: 10/10

LILY:

Rachel really never had a miss in this competition huh? A great routine from her again, I loved the showgirl feel of it. Legend has it this was the moment Carrie Ann chose to hate women! Joking aside, sucks that this was her last dance on the show, but she had a great 4-week run and awesome that all 4 dances made it to this round, it's been fun getting to relive her journey again through this.

AMANDA:

Rachel did so well here! Naturally, the viewers shrugged and said "Who cares? Let's send her home over the boring white guys." LOL. The OG Robbed Queen for sure.

ALEX:

While I think she was slightly timid in some of her movements and her face read "deer in the headlights" for the first half, this is still a terrific dance and her elimination after it is disgusting.

WALLY:

So interesting and fun how Rachel does a Samba to the Austin Powers song.  :giggle: She was really good in this. It was fun seeing this fun, sassy side to her. She had good hip action and moved in such a natural way. Although some of the arm placements they do at the start was kinda strange and kinda bothered to me, it seemed a bit balletic or something? She was shaking it well and had really good partnering work. But I do still really like this and she was really hot in this too. :bobo: 

CAM:

this does not deserve to be put 7th but i like all the other 6 above it more so here it goes i guess? this is such a great and fun dance (even if it was a little overscored lol) and i realized how much i enjoy jonathan's partners if i simply pretend he isn't there!

ELLIOTT:

Just watched it and it was nice.

4. "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"

Rumba by Rachel Hunter & Jonathan Roberts

27UF1sm.png

Watch Here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kXN_AfpO3A

Dee: 2/10

Gigi: 2/10

Amanda: 3/10

Diana: 3/10

IDF Derek: 3/10

Alex: 4/10

Chris: 5/10

Wally: 5/10
Cam: 6/10

Sola: 6/10

Elliott: 7/10

Lily: 7/10

Kaley: 9/10

AMANDA:

This is amazing! Her landing in the bottom 2 after this just goes to show that the viewers have hated talented females since day 1.

CAM

this feels way too low but when 8/10 dances here are ones i enjoy this happens i guess? this was such a great dance for the second week (and was also better than j*hn's quickstep lol bye) and i'm forever bitter that she wasn't in top 3

ALEX:

It's absolutely criminal that she ended up in the bottom two after this! Such a classy, but also sexy rumba.

WALLY:

This was a very gorgeous Rumba from Rachel & Jonathan. Rachel danced this beautifully and provided good hip action, great leg work and very solid Rumba basics and technique. I loved al of her leg extensions and tricks  that she did. Jonathan always showcased her beautifully and makes her shine, and this was no difference.

ELLIOTT:

Just watched it and it was nice.

LILY:

Really an excellent Rumba, those leg extensions are just to die for. It would have been even better if she lost the pageant smile in between some moves because it felt like it took away from the connection of the dance to me, but to be honest, it was like the second week of this show I can't really blame any of them for feeling out of their element lol. Gorgeous!

3. "Let's Get Loud"

Freestyle by Kelly Monaco & Alec Mazo

sRjByC7.png

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek0QgH3YouU&t=107s

Cam: 1/10

Chris: 1/10
Elliott: 1/10

Sola: 1/10

Kaley: 3/10

Lily: 4/10

Wally: 4/10

Alex: 5/10

Amanda: 5/10

IDF Derek: 5/10

Dee: 7/10

Diana: 7/10

Gigi: 8/10

CAM:

ugh one of the most iconic dances from this show whether people choose to admit it or not! aside from being the first to get 10s (and the first to get a 30) it's amazing and miss monaco deserves all the accolades

ELLIOTT:

Queen of getting the show's first 10s and the show's first perfect 30. John O'Hurley must've been fuming because in 2006, those were hard to get and not everyone had one.

LILY:

This gets a high ranking from me purely because I just love the innocence of it all. Comparing this to a Freestyle that we'd get now is insane in itself lol. But regardless, I just really like how this dance so wonderfully represented Kelly coming out of her shell. The judges were tough on her from the start and she didn't give up, she improved so much and even if I'm not sure whether I'd have said this was a 30-scoring dance, for her storyline purposes I'm glad it's her who got it.

WALLY:

Kelly’s Freestyle was certainly one of her best dances on Season 1. It was also the first perfect score of DWTS, but it sure wasn’t an actual perfect scoring 30 dance imo. I remember being “wow” about that when  I first watched this dance, but then…. come later recent seasons where dances much weaker than this get perfect scores too. :dead: 

Back to what i like about this dance, this was a really fun, hot, spicy and flirty dance! Kelly nailed the characterization and hotness of this. She danced it really well and had very good partnering skis with Alec here. I liked how this was a fun hot Latin fusion of dancing. But oh dear, the side by sections of the dancing from Kelly…. .was quite a mess. She was out of sync, unsure and looking at Alec at times on what to do. But it’s the first season soo I can forgive that. :haha: I do love her energy and how she threw herself  into this. The lifts and tricks they did are impressive!

ALEX:

ol @ this getting a 30. Yet Kelly Monaco stans are so concerned over Ally Brooke's 30's. Anyways, idc because she slayed and John O'Hurley was sobbing backstage after it obviously . :wub: 

AMANDA:

Whether or not you think this deserves a 30, there's no denying that it was a defining moment of the season and earned her a rightful win over John.

2. "Toxic"

Tango by Rachel Hunter & Jonathan Roberts

zKG2fGP.png

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMvbyP1Asjk

Amanda: 1/10

Dee: 1/10
Diana: 1/10

Gigi: 1/10
Wally: 1/10

Alex: 2/10
Kaley: 2/10

Lily: 2/10

Cam: 3/10

Chris: 3/10

Sola: 4/10
Elliott: 6/10

IDF Derek: 6/10

AMANDA:

QUEEN SLAYED THIS. Amazing. The first in a line of many iconic "Toxic" dances. Proved she was the best dancer of the season with this.

WALLY:

Rachel is my Season 1 favorite, and it’s mainly and entirely to this dance. Rachel’s Tango was also my favorite dance of Season 1, so of course this will get my #1 ranking. All of Rachel’s seances were very good but I felt this Tango was on another level. :omg: You usually can never go wrong with a “Toxic” Tango, and this Rachel & Jonathan started off how this song/dance combo is a perfect combo. Rachel brought everything you needed for a Tango here - a strong firm frame, sharp staccato footwork, steamy passionate chemistry, lots of attitude and much more. Rachel also got to add in her leg extensions which was a nice addition touch to make this dance great.

ALEX:

HER LEGS?! HOW?! Anyways, Rachel is a goddess and this dance is EVERYTHING! I love her package where she's like "Lol f*ck the audience I guess I just gotta appeal to the judges" after she horrifically landed in the bottom two. :wub: 

LILY:

Iconic, of course. A real highlight of Rachel's journey on the show, just from the moment she came down the stairs. She still had moments of smiling here but I felt like it almost worked more with the character of the dance. Anyway, Rachel set the bar high for Tangos to "Toxic" with this!

CAM:

this dance was literally everything the first time i watched it (and she looked so good in this!) - idc if i hate jonathan's smug a$$ i still like her and this tango is still That Girl to this day

ELLIOTT:

Honestly the only dance I remember from them. Sorry y'all.

DEREK:

Best tango the show has ever had to this song

1. "Bailamos"

Samba by Kelly Monaco & Alec Mazo

C0Dmrak.png

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSxm5QlufuQ

Alex: 1/10

Kaley: 1/10

Lily: 1/10

IDF Derek: 1/10

Amanda: 2/10

Cam: 2/10

Chris: 2/10

Sola: 2/10
Wally: 2/10

Elliott: 3/10

Diana: 4/10

Dee: 5/10

Gigi: 5/10

ALEX:

Is this the most technically proficient dance of the season? No. But this is a rankdown and we don't have to worry about objectivity! Watching Kelly's rise from underdog to contender is so exciting. She moved so comfortably and did all that while protecting her whole titty from popping out . We stan!

LILY:

Side-note I am watching this video now and is that Nancy Kerrigan in the audience? If so girl was taking notes on how to nail her Samba 20+ seasons later, we love a prepared contestant. I feel like this dance cemented Kelly as someone who should win the competition. Not only did it show an immense amount of improvement from the first couple of weeks, but also that wardrobe malfunction made me nervous just watching it yet alone her who had to face it live and still continue the dance. And she took it in her stride! I went back and forth on my #1, but in the end I just felt like this dance captured the essence of Season 1 and I'm going to put it here.

AMANDA:

I mean, the strap to her top broke but she didn't let it phase her and delivered a fantastic dance. Iconic moment in the show's history TBH.

CAM:

let's talk about ICONIC! she singlehandedly carried this season (yes i'll give rachel her flowers but for the purpose of this write-up alone it was solely kelly) and gave us new sh!t to enjoy every week  :wub:  queen of going from being stiffer than david hasselhoff to wardrobe malfunctions in less than a month

WALLY:

I often go back and forth on if the Samba or Freestyle (from the main season) is my favorite dance from Kelly & Alec. Right now, I’m going with her Samba, as i felt this dance flowed much better with less mistakes. This was a momentum dance on Kelly’s time on the show as this was her breakthrough dance and her first great dance of her run. I think she and Alec found that the sexy fast Latin dances were what suited Kelly best and she danced and performed this so well. Even with a scary wardrobe malfunction, she still did a great job here - with the partnering, hip action, footwork was all very good! Kelly did deliver another steamy hot performance here as well. It’s also impressive how Kelly had (one of) her best dances with the hardest Latin style.

ELLIOTT:

Flawless.

• Like 1

SEASON 2

Week 1

George & Edyta - “Oye Como Va” (Cha-Cha)

Lisa & Louis - “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman”

Kenny & Andrea - “Hot Stuff” (Cha-Cha)

Stacy & Tony - “I Wonder Why” (Waltz)

Drew  & Cheryl - “She Bangs” (Cha-Cha)
Tia & Maks - “What a Wonderful World” (Waltz)

Master P & Ashly - “I Want You Back” (Cha-Cha)

Giselle & Jonathan - “I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Loved You)” (Waltz)

Jerry & Anna - “I Like It” (Cha-Cha)

Tatum & Nick - “What the World Needs Now” (Waltz)

Week 2

Lisa & Louis - “Your Song” (Rumba)
Drew & Cheryl - “Neutron Dance” (Quickstep)

Tia & Maks - “Emotion” (Rumba)

George & Edyta - “Top Hat, White Tie and Tails” (Quickstep)
Tatum & Nick - “Careless Whisper” (Rumba)

Jerry & Anna - “If My Friends Could See Me Now” (Quickstep)

Stacy & Tony - “I’m Like a Bird” (Rumba)

Master P & Ashly - “Zoot Suit Riot” (Quickstep)

Giselle & Jonathan - “Take My Breath Away” (Rumba)

Week 3

Jerry & Anna - “Do You Love Me” (Jive)

Giselle & Jonathan - “Hernando’s Hideaway” (Tango)

Drew & Cheryl - “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” (Jive)

George & Edyta - “La Cumparsita” (Tango)

Lisa & Louis - “Jailhouse Rock” (Jive)

Stacy & Tony - “Cell Block Tango” (Tango)

Master P & Ashly - “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting” (Jive)

Tia & Maks - “Por Una Cabeza” (Tango)

Week 4

George & Edyta - “Matador Paso” (Paso Doble)
Tia & Maks - “Dream a Little Dream of Me” (Foxtrot)
Master P & Ashly - “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” (Paso Doble)

Stacy & Tony - “Cold, Cold Heart” (Foxtrot)
Drew & Cheryl - “Thriller” (Paso Doble)

Jerry & Anna - “Why Don’t You Do Right” (Foxtrot)

Lisa & Louis - “The Final Countdown” (Paso Doble)

Week 5

Stacy & Tony - “Bootylicious” (Samba)

George & Edyta - “Conga” (Samba)

Lisa & Louis - “Le Freak” (Samba)

Tia & Maks - “No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)” (Samba)
Jerry & Anna - “For Once in My Life” (Samba)

Drew & Cheryl - “Dirrty” (Samba)

Top 6 Couples - “Rhythm is Gonna Get You” (Salsa)

Week 6

Jerry & Anna - “España Cañí” (Paso Doble)

Drew & Cheryl - “Shut Up” (Tango)

George & Edyta - “Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps” (Rumba)

Lisa & Louis - “9 to 5” (Quickstep)

Stacy & Tony - “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” (Jive)

Top 5 Couples - “Fallin’” (Viennese Waltz)

Week 7

Stacy & Tony - “You Can’t Hurry Love” (Quickstep)

Jerry & Anna - “One Way Or Another” (Tango)

Lisa & Louis - “Fever” (Foxtrot)
Drew & Cheryl - “It Had to Be You” (Foxtrot)

Stacy & Tony - “Since U Been Gone” (Cha-Cha)

Jerry & Anna - “Un-Break My Heart” (Rumba)

Lisa & Louis - “Material Girl” (Cha-Cha)

Drew & Cheryl - “Total Eclipse of the Heart” (Rumba)

Week 8

Jerry & Anna - “Why Don’t You Do Right” (Foxtrot) [Reprise]
Stacy & Tony - “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” (Jive) [Reprise]

Drew & Cheryl - “Thriller (Paso Doble) [Reprise]

Jerry & Anna - “Celebration” (Freestyle)

Stacy & Tony - “Stayin’ Alive” (Freestyle)
Drew & Cheryl - “Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)” (Freestyle)

Jerry & Anna - “Think” (Cha-Cha)

Stacy & Tony - “Livin’ La Vida Loca” (Samba)
Drew & Cheryl - “Hound Dog” (Jive)

It's time for season 2! After season 1 played out pretty calmly, I fully expect this season to be more interesting with not only the presence of legendary trainwreck Master P but the potential for a Drew vs. Stacy stan war. :giggle: 

To begin, each ranker gets to advance 4 routines - 1 to the penultimate round and 3 others that will have to survive a series of other rounds.

@Alex95@ungodlyhour @*Chris @Deeee @*Diana @taylorkat @Elliott @~*8Kay8*~ @*Lily @Solaris @*Wallace