The DWTS Dances Mini Rankdown (Season 5, Round 2)

*Amanda

SEASON 1 DANCES

10. "Let's Face the Music and Dance"

Quickstep by John O'Hurley & Charlotte Jørgensen

hsWZjV7.png

Watch Here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d0bx8

Wally: 3/10

Lily: 5/10

Sola: 5/10

Dee: 6/10

Kaley: 8/10

Cam: 9/10

Diana: 9/10

IDF Derek: 9/10

Alex: 10/10

Amanda: 10/10

Chris: 10/10
Elliott: 10/10

Gigi: 10/10

WALLY:

John was a really good ballroom dancer, and I feel this Quickstep is proof and shows that. In fact, I thought the Quickstep was Johns best dance and do think it deserves a spot in the Top 10. This was a nice Hollywood classic routine and John sold it well with his performing of this. He also provided a good frame, good footwork and good technique throughout the dance. I will say I personally would l have loved a bit of a faster Quickstep here, as this felt kind of classy and elegant ala Foxtrot, but that’s more on the song being slower (which feels more like a Foxtrot song).

LILY:

I'm not a fan of John, but with this being a rankdown of the dances I want to be fair with my rankings and put feelings aside to base it on the dance. With that being said, this is such a good Quickstep. The speed around the floor in particular is so impressive and clean for the second week alone. Charlotte was a one-of-a-kind pro with the classic choreography like this.

CAM:

YAWN i do NOT like this man :yawn: the first of many bitter men who lost to far superior women and b!tched about it for far too long (with nev recently added to this infamous collection 😐 ) - anyway this dance is fine but i genuinely think the 8 i put above it are better technically too so this isn't even petty

DEREK:

zzzzzzz this is the one of his you guys picked? lol the slowest quickstep in the history of the show

ALEX:

Kelly Monaco outsold.

AMANDA:

Easy decision to put last. He did good, but I just can't bring myself to rank this higher.

ELLIOTT:

This rankdown has shown me that Wally is a John O'Hurley stan apparently! 

9. "Eye of the Tiger"

Paso Doble by Joey McIntyre & Ashly DelGrosso

RDnCrEu.png

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd3IKuh76JE

Cam: 5/10

Elliott: 5/10

Alex: 7/10

Kaley: 7/10
Wally: 7/10

Chris: 8/10

Dee: 8/10

Lily: 8/10

Sola: 8/10

Amanda: 9/10

Gigi: 9/10

Diana: 10/10

IDF Derek: 10/10

CAM:

do i actually think this dance is top 5? not really, but i feel bad because this is joey's only dance here and i like him enough to want him to scrape out of the bottom three ❤️ this is my favorite of his too!

ELLIOTT:

It was alright.

ALEX:

While it's not my favorite Joey dance, it's definitely his best. I'm just here for Queen Ashly DelGrosso and I'm forever disgusted Joey was her only decent partner.

WALLY:

Joey’s highest scoring dance, and probably his best dance on his run too. I do remember really liking his Foxtrot, despite it not scoring well (which Joey did the same night as his Paso). So I don’t know if the Paso was my favorite from him but glad Joey has a dance in the Top 10. I thought Joey gave a very good effort with this Paso. Some parts were kinda eh/not so strong at the start but then some parts were really strong, as the dance kept progressing. He gave a lot of attitude in the performance and nice Spanish lines and shaping.

LILY:

Omg the early-season editing of this is killing me, the way they just cut to a deadpan expression of Kelly watching the dance like 10 seconds in  :dead: Anyway, for someone who was kinda middle-of-the-pack for most of the season I think this was a brilliant final dance from him. It's not a main favorite for me hence the slightly lower ranking, but even so, great to see some representation for Joey & Ashly in the top 10!

AMANDA:

Joey's best dance, so nice to see it here. I suspect it'll be Ashly's only appearance in a final ranking unless y'all actually are able to push Master P's Paso into the season 2 one. :dead: 

DEREK:

LMAO

8. "Get the Party Started"

Freestyle by Kelly Monaco & Alec Mazo

7Xq7QEx.png

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq347K9g0Ss

Elliott: 2/10

IDF Derek: 2/10

Kaley: 4/10

Chris: 7/10

Gigi: 7/10

Amanda: 8/10

Cam: 8/10

Diana: 8/10
Wally: 8/10

Alex: 9/10

Dee: 10/10

Lily: 10/10

Sola: 10/10

ELLIOTT:

SHould've been another perfect 30 but we all know that dance-off was just a cheap way of trying to undermine Kellegend Monaco's rightful victory. In retrospect, I shouldn't have been surprised to find out that John O'Hurley is a Trump supporter considering the two of them were constantly bothered by losing the popular vote to a woman.

AMANDA:

I like her first one more, but this one is good too. The whole dance-off thing was so unnecessary though.

CAM:

i like to pretend this didn't happen since the dance-off only happened to appease yet another bitter white man lol but that aside this was lowkey boring but it was still fun and i liked it!

WALLY:

Lol sooo i really like to not acknowledge that that Dance Off thing ever happened but I won’t let it interfere my thoughts here. This was a really fun, hot and sexy Freestyle. Kelly and Alec had a lot of great fun wit this dance. I thought Kelly danced well but she and Alec always managed to bring the hotness together. This wasn’t as good as her Freestyle on the main show, as she was quite wild and hectic in some of her dancing (but not as bad as her S1 early dances).

ALEX:

SHE NEVER SHOULD'VE HAD TO DANCE THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE JOHN SHOULD'VE JUST ACCEPTED HIS LOSS!!!!!!!

LILY:

his was a really fun dance, although truthfully it shouldn't even exist because Kelly shouldn't have had to face-off against John/Nev 1.0. If I was ranking Kelly's mood during the dance-off it would be #1 (her reminding everyone that this was all for charity whilst John is being unnecessarily smug about winning :wub:). Great performance anyway but I do prefer her other Freestyle, and just in terms of the other rankings, I found myself enjoying reliving the others just a bit more!

7. "Three Times a Lady"

Waltz by Rachel Hunter & Jonathan Roberts

HddCWFy.png

Watch Here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2czplf

Gigi: 3/10

Dee: 4/10

IDF Derek: 4/10

Diana: 5/10
Kaley: 5/10

Amanda: 6/10
Alex: 8/10
Elliott: 8/10

Chris: 9/10

Lily: 9/10

Sola: 9/10
Wally: 9/10

Cam: 10/10

AMANDA:

An amazing week 1 dance. Beautiful and showed she was the best from the get-go. 

ALEX:

Lovely, one of the most underrated first dances ever. Rachel looked like a contender right from the start!

ELLIOTT:

Just watched it and it was nice.

LILY:

A lovely start. Those legs! I particularly liked the spinning sections, she just seemed to take to the dancing so naturally. Obviously the competition wasn't too tight for this season but congrats to a Week 1 dance getting to the top regardless.

WALLY:

I also feel like this was my favorite dance of Week 1. I’m not sure if this would be in my personal Top 10 of the season. Regardless, Rachel was very elegant and graceful in this dance. There were a few shaky moments here and there but it was flowy and well done. Her leg extension at the start of the Waltz as insane! :omg: 

CAM:

nothing against this dance or rachel, it just technically doesn't match up to any of the others here and there's nothing about it that's special to me

6. "Bamboleo"

Paso Doble by Kelly Monaco & Alec Mazo

Y0Hdd04.png

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR1DvQlGpMk

Alex: 3/10

Cam: 4/10

Chris: 4/10
Elliott: 4/10

Diana: 6/10

Gigi: 6/10

Kaley: 6/10

Lily: 6/10

Amanda: 7/10

Sola: 7/10

IDF Derek: 7/10

Dee: 9/10

Wally: 10/10

ALEX:

Technically I do think this is her best dance. Also Alec with the open shirt :wub: My original Gleb . :wub:

CAM:

yup! the shapes, the power, the emotion (come on acTRESS) made this dance great! nothing more to say, just love it and if this gets robbed of at least top 6-7 i'm throwing a fit

ELLIOTT:

Flawless.

LILY:

Seeing how far Kelly came not only in her dancing but her performing was such an exciting journey and it showed in this dance. She threw herself all into this Paso Doble and totally embodied the character, I loved that it had just the right amount of intensity you hope to see for this dance especially to an iconic piece of music!

AMANDA:

- A really good dance from Kelly. Definitely showed her continued growth over the season.

WALLY:

Kelly & Alec’s Paso Doble was my least favorite Kelly dance on this list. This dance was okay to good but I thought/remembered it being better than what it was. She seemed to walk through the dance in the partnering section and it lacked some feeling in her movement at the start - but she did perform and get in character well. She did have some good moments though - like that leg split move onto Alec’s arm and drag across the floor towards. She looked hot too. 😛

Edited by *Amanda

9 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Amanda you're missing my vote for Three Times a Lady 😮 

Fixed! It doesn't change anything, as I already had it accounted for in the spreadsheet I created. Not sure how I omitted it while putting the post together. :dead: 

lmao @*Lily’s write-up reminded me of an old interview with Kelly after the dance off (or was it at the beginning of All Stars?? I can’t remember) where she was asked about the result and she goes, “Well I won money for myself when I won the actual title while John’s winnings in a special are going to charity. 🙂

I had no choice but to stan forever. :wub:

Edited by Elliott

On 12/24/2020 at 1:49 AM, FrogLenzen said:

hahaha John getting 10th with his only dance, Joey beating him... amazing.

On 12/24/2020 at 11:08 AM, Alex95 said:

Lol the entire top 8 is really Kelly and Rachel

These statements were what i would have predicted. 

On 12/24/2020 at 3:33 AM, *Amanda said:

My favorite is everyone dragging John and the dance-off in their write-ups for Kelly’s Freestyle. :dead: 

:haha: 

A bit bummed but not surprised about John's Quickstep ranking last, even with the high adjusted ran king. And to comment on Elliott, I am not a John stan.... so get that out of your mind. 🙂 I don't care for him in general but I just wanted a variety of people to be represented and he was really good in ballroom. I did think of the Waltz, but again.... don't want to acknowledge that dance-off thing. :lmao: 

Fine with the other rankings - though I would have swapped around the Kelly dances.

Love that Rachel has 3 dances in the Top 5. ❤️