Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

fdd09bbdbd8e7a29fab0badea51195b7.gif

Flareon

I am on the outskirts of Phoenix so this will be as good a chance as any to do this write up because between here and New Mexico cell service becomes even shoddier. I don’t want to cut Flareon. But every other Pokémon I would have cut has already been cut or saved. And then there were two pages of negotiating which proceeded without me. So a lot of people got their feelings respected while mine were disregarded. Which is cool. And then others wanted me to do this cut/save earlier to keep this round moving along even though I’ll be largely with spotty cell service until tonight first and then tomorrow night. But whatever. At least when I’m gone I don’t make the game stop for 2-3 whole days.

Flareon is like my #5 Eeveelution but the gap between 5 and 6 is pretty steep. It’s one of the three OG Eeveelutions having been introduced in Gen I. In those games you get an Eevee from Bill who is stuck in a hybrid Pokemon/Human form in what is a callback to the 80s body horror movie the fly. Once you save him he gives you Eevee. You can then buy a Fire Stone in I believe Celadon City’s large department store. I can’t really Google right now. I think Flareon like all the Eeveelutions has a BST of over 500. Something pretty good. I can’t look up any specifics. 

Anyway, Flareon shouldn’t be the first Eeveelution cut. But other people got here first. So now I’m left cutting one of my favorites to save another one of my favorites. So that sucks.

Saving Gengar

Edited by totes4totes
  • Like 1

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 12 Posted (Second Battle Posted, Derek's Noms Next)

Blissey

Nurse Joy Pokemon GIF by INTO ACTION

oh, the joys of doing write-ups on my phone because I broke my computer. 🤷‍♂️ I’m waiting for the new one to arrive to my write-ups will look like crap for awhile until I can get to a proper computer. I’m chose to cut Blissey because it’s the easiest write-up to do that I don’t have to do a lot of research. Blissey is the evolution of Chansey. I’m sure there is a baby evolution but i am forgetting the name. Blissey is from Gen II. Blissey has done a great job getting this far even surpassing its og but I think this is a fair cut now

save cyndaquil

HOUNDOUR

a359d2142cb6a39e682da38098d263e2.gif

Classified as the Dark Pokémon, Houndour is a dual Dark and Fire type introduced in Gen II. It evolves into Houndoom when it reaches level 24. Houndour's design seems to be based on hellhounds with skeletal adornments. According to the Pokédex, Houndour uses different kinds of cries for communicating with others. Houndour hunt in packs, and they even have a howl that only they can understand. They use this while cornering prey, and their remarkable teamwork is unparalleled. Once caught by a trainer, it will become a very loyal team member. As for battles, Houndour has a good typing and high stats in Special Attack and Speed. Its value is increased when it evolves into Houndoom. I do like Houndour, but I'm okay with eliminating it from the rankdown now since Houndoom is still in the running. Apologies to any fans though.

Saving Cinderace.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Ralts

250px-280Ralts.png

I like Ralts overall but it's the one I like the least out of this list. It fits very much in the cute, start of the evolutionary line mold that a lot of pokemon before and after have used, but for me the best part was how strong its final stages are. But since those are different pokemon and this is Ralts we are talking about, Ralts is really weak. If you don't evolve it it's not worth the time. On the plus side, it has a really good movepool and abilities to make use of, which is pretty good for me. A cute pokemon, but it's an easy cut for me at this stage of the game.

Save: Toxapex

Edited by NGM

Suicune

Suicune GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I like all of the legendary dogs to the johto region, but i dont love them and at this point if you dont love the pokemon, its kinda hard to save it.  Suicune is the mascot of pokemon crystal, and its the most aestetically pleasing of the 3 dogs.  its a water type pokemon and it has a BST of 580.  Its got good defensive stats, paired with a good defensive typing, it should be a decent pokemon to have on your team.  Not really sure how it does competitively as I have never used one on my team.  Sorry, it was the one I was least attached to of the remaining pokemon!

Save: Froakie

Edited by Solaris

Zacian

zacian gif by xXILUVterraria2009xX on DeviantArt

I had to think for a minute between Ribombee and Mudkip for my save, but even if Mudkip is cut, Swampert is still in, so fingers crossed someone saves them. Anyways, Zacian is the mascot of Pokemon Sword, being a canine legendary that is fairy type, and gains the steel typing when given the rusted sword. I played shield so I've never used Zacian, but I admittedly love anything dog related so these guys are cool in my book. Unfortunately for them, I just like everyone else more. Being a legendary Pokemon, Zacian has wicked amazing stats, reaching a peak of 170 attack in its crowned form (a total of 720 there, which is pretty phenomenal). Interestingly, despite being primarily fairy type, Zacian only learns one fairy move through level up. Zacian is thought to have been based on Excalibur. Other influences include the Lady of the Lake, and the irresistible force paradox. Lastly, Zacian's name literally is, "The Cyan". Like, I mentioned, I like Zacian, but I like all the other nominations more so unfortunately this is as far as Zacian is going for now.

Saving Ribombee