Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Totodile

tenor.gif

This is the second, less overrated Johto starter. Chikorita is obviously superior to both and its lower ranking is only due to me being nice to Victoria. Now, Totodile is obviously the best looking design out of its entire line. It is actually cute, which is definitely all that counts in a Pokemon design. It has a nice, sky blue color, which definitely helps it. Its eyes are also pretty cute, but now I have to stop finding things that make me regret cutting it. However, out of the nominations left, it was the worst, plus I wanted Megan to have to pick between two Gen 3 Pokemon. :P 

Save: Xerneas

1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

How much time do I have left? If it’s a lot then I may just request an extension until I get to my parents’s house after 13 hours of driving today lol. I’ll be home all day tomorrow and Monday. 

You have 4 hours left

d4a6a55c73be1e73500e278a5cede44c337a3162

Mudkip

meme king mudskipper. I’m correcting nothing because I’m typing this as fast as possible since Kansas has shit cell service. It’s just barely better than the mountains. Anyway nudkop is > treecko but inferior to torchic. It’s water. It’s Gen iii. Do I get an extra title when I cut 40% of Gen iii. Who knows. Probably not. But does that stop me? Well in this case I have no choice. It’s the starter for Gen iii if you choose it. It eventually evolves into swamped. Swamp wet is better than sceptile but worse than the fire fighting rooster Blaziken. But they are all bad. Nudkop. Solidly worst.

Edited by totes4totes

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 12 Posted (Third Battle Posted, Steven's Noms Next)

giphy.gif

Metagross

Just got home last night and I’ve gotta stay #onbrand by cutting Metagross since I now have to constant WiFi. So I can make this cut now. Still gotta add a pic. Metagross is a Gen III Pokémon (duh) and is a dual type Metal/Psychic. As. Pseudo-legendary I actually like it more than Salamence but I’ve only got one Gen III option here. And I’m now going for that Triple (3x) Hoennian title. JK. IDEK how many Gen III I’ve cut by now. It’s the signature Pokémon of Steven. Psychic/Steel is a pretty good combination it has a good number of resistances without too many weaknesses. It is actually only weak to four types while having 9 resistances and one immunity. Combined with the standard Pseudo-legendary BST of 600 that makes it a formidable foe. Alas it’s Gen III.

saving my boy grookey

Edited by totes4totes

Appletun

Appletun in Pokémon Sword and Shield on Make a GIF

Appletun is a grass/dragon type from Gen VIII. That typing isn't too common... we've only seen it with Alolan Exeggutor and Mega Sceptile before this line. Gives the Pokemon a bad weakness to ice, but tbh there are a ton of dragon Pokemon with a 4x weakness to ice so it's not that crazy. You get Appletun by evolving an Applin using a Sweet Apple. Applin can also become a Flapple with a different item. Flapple and Appletun have the same base stat total and also their Gigantamax forms are visually identical. I must say that I greatly prefer Flapple to Appletun, and neither are among my faves despite be being one of the bigger grass type stans in this game. The eyes are definitely the creepiest part. The floppy eyes. That you think are ears until they flip up. Shudder. It's based on an apple pastry dessert and it apparently attacks using apple nectar that it secretes out of its body. That's kind of yucky. 

Save Serperior with my fingers crossed for a couple others

Zeraora

Zeraora Pokemon GIF - Zeraora Pokemon Fight - Discover & Share GIFs

Zeraora is a mythical pokemon from Gen 7, but its not the cute one that is Marshadow.  Zeraora is an electric pokemon and is known as the thunderclap pokemon.  Like most of the mythical pokemon, its got a BST of 600.  Its best stat is a fantastic 143 in Speed.  It also has good Attack and special attack.  Its only weakness is to ground type attacks.  Its immune to electric attacks due to its volt absorb ability.  I am sure it has an animated movie based on it like the others, but I don't know which one that would be.  Anyway, bye now!

Save: Lurantis

• Sad 1