Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Poliwhirl

Poliwhirl Run GIF - Poliwhirl Run Punch - Discover & Share GIFs

The word "iconic" gets thrown around a lot in these forums, but Poliwhirl is truly an iconic Pokemon. Poliwhirl was used a lot in branding and merchandising when the games first came out, and I think a lot of people who aren't Pokemon fans would be able to recognize Poliwhirl as a Pokemon. It is a water type, and the middle evolution of the Poliwag line. The Poliwag line is actually one of my favorites everrrrrr clock the "Frog" in my username. Poliwag is my true bro, and Poliwrath is in second place. They are long gone from this game unfortunately, and now Poliwhirl is joining them. BUT we still have Politoed to represent!!! I feel like Politoed has more staying power in this game than Poliwhirl, especially with the Gen I target on Poliwhirl's back, so I'm okay letting Poliwhirl go. Poliwhirl is cool because it can evolve into either Poliwrath with a Water Stone or into Politoed with something to do with a King's Rock or something... I forget, is this a trade evolution? Who knows. 

Save Kangaskhan

Edited by FrogLenzen

On 11/10/2020 at 5:59 PM, Bk1234 said:

Entei

tenor.gif?itemid=13893980

Entei is the worst of the three Johto dogs, no questions asked. It looks pretty good in this GIF, but in regular pictures he is just a bulky, hairy cat. I feel like getting things done, so let's just cut a big name.

Not me thinking I could reuse this cut because I knew Entei was already cut in the first round but revived by me. :dead: I was trying to take the easy way out because I am busy doing Big Brother write-ups, but I still have to fill in the gaps because this was when 100 word write-ups weren't required. 🤣 Entei is a Fire-type Legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation II. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. It is known as the Volcano Pokémon Along with Raikou and Suicune, it is one of the Legendary beasts said to be resurrected by Ho-Oh after the burning of the Brass Tower. Out of the three beasts, Entei is said to represent the flames that burned the Brass Tower. @Bk1234 hates it according to his write-up and I brought super far after its initial cut so I am proud of that at least. :yes:

Save Ivysaur

• Haha 2

On 3/2/2021 at 6:00 PM, Solaris said:

Articuno

Articuno GIFs | Tenor

Since Steven has an aversion to nominating or cutting Gen 1 pokemon, and wants to nominate popular later gens in their place, I figured I would help him out by cutting Articuno, so he doesn’t have to later.  I feel like this is very generous of me.  Articuno was one of the Top 20 of the last rankdown.  It’s a very pretty bird, but highly ineffective.  Also if Piplup can’t get there, Articuno shouldn’t either.  The combination of Ice and Flying is not a good combination, so it’s a good thing that its legendary.  Galarian Articuno which looks as cool, and is actually more effective has already been eliminated, so its only fair that this follows suit.  It’s mechanically the worst of the Generation 1 pokemon. 

25d78319891c914ec8e9aec6e04dc4a2.gif

(at this point i'm determined to make this a brand)

In case I have to actually write 100 words I will do it since I like Articuno but I like 3 of the remaining pokemon more so i'm gonna take the option to sacrifice it so at least 2 of those make it thru. Articuno is really pretty, and one of the only exceptions to still be viable as a tanky ice pokemon. Does this mean it's good competitively? No, but if you are that desperate to use a defensive ice pokemon, Articuno is probably your best bet. Stone Edge will still shred you, but you can probably balance it somewhat with the rest of your team. 

Save: Zapdos

Edited by NGM
  • Like 1

Just now, NGM said:

25d78319891c914ec8e9aec6e04dc4a2.gif

(at this point i'm determined to make this a brand)

Save: Zapdos

I don't think you can reuse my write up lol  I am fine with it, but I thought Rei wasn't?

Edited by Solaris

7 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

ah man. i was gonna save meganium. lol. 

6 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

cutting BOTH Bayleef and Meganium?????????? Can't we pick one or the other 😭 (preferably save Meganium)

I was just about to post my write-up, but I can switch.

I remember in the Films rankdown that Alex didn't have any bringbacks (I think), but there were a lot of people doing write-ups for other rankers. Like Dee would do a write-up for someone in exchange for them cutting something he wanted cut.

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

I remember in the Films rankdown that Alex didn't have any bringbacks (I think), but there were a lot of people doing write-ups for other rankers. Like Dee would do a write-up for someone in exchange for them cutting something he wanted cut.

i have used this strategy in the past if I am last and left with two choices i didn't care about.