The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

23 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

All I think of when I see this is not Maelyn's performance, but instead:

Mandi really did sounded phenomenal on that, but when I heard her full cover on yt, I did not loved it as much as I do with that short clip lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol I know I’m in the minority here, but Pete just gives me Kareoke vibes idk🤣 I just can’t get into him

I would say he’s one the most disliked contestants here. It’s just that his fans are more vocal than his detractors.

Exhibit A: The ratings thread

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I would say he’s one the most disliked contestants here. It’s just that his fans are more vocal than his detractors.

Exhibit A: The ratings thread

Tbh a lot of the low scores Pete gets in the ratings thread are from accounts that have posted nowhere but there. I'm talking even more than that cult of queens. If that doesn't read suspicious to you....

Edited by FloorWax
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Tbh a lot of the low scores Pete gets in the ratings thread are from accounts that have posted nowhere but there. I'm talking even more than that cult of queens. If that doesn't read suspicious to you....

Funnily enough, I think I gave Pete the lowest score I gave to anyone this whole season (7.8 in the blinds). However, I thought his KO was good.

9 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Mandi really did sounded phenomenal on that, but when I heard her full cover on yt, I did not loved it as much as I do with that short clip lol

I think she held back in the YT cover; I suspect that the producers want people to go all out and do as much as they can, even if they aren't as comfortable doing that. I listened to Destiny's cover of Tiny Dancer off the show, and it was way more mellow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Disney also disliked him. 

But back on track, apart from that, I don´t think Pete is that disliked here. If anything the performance that I thought was gonna make everybody come at him gave him some new supporters, and even some previous detractors admitted he did good.

Also, no controversy over Andrew getting stolen, which I expected. He did great though, so I get it.

I´d say the most disliked contestant right now of the Top 16 might be Jose. Kenzie´s detractors are vocal, but he obviously has supporters here too and he pretty much leads the polls he´s in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I´d say the most disliked contestant right now of the Top 16 might be Jose. Kenzie´s detractors are vocal, but he obviously has supporters here too and he pretty much leads the polls he´s in. 

I think people are more apathetic about Jose, rather than disliking him. However, I could be wrong on that. 

• Like 2

I have some contestants I dislike and Pete is nowhere near them. I also don't love him either. He's just... "yeah, ok. You go and do u, man".

Others, however, really aren't my cup of tea, specially after dissing Queen Kelly during blinds. And I don't mind at all that minivan prefers an unexperienced 17 years old instead of him. But well, as southerners says, bless his heart.

Wink Tea GIF by Dolly Parton

Edited by SNI2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Others, however, really aren't my cup of tea, specially after dissing Queen Kelly during blinds. And I don't mind at all that minivan prefers an unexperienced 17 years old instead of him. But well, as southerns says, bless his heart.

sis it's ok you can just say the guy who sings about angels a lot is on your sh*t list 😂

• Haha 2

I do have to say Jordan has dissappointed me quite a bit. (And not because of the Kelly thing, because that very easily could have been sketchy editing for drama, plus Kelly didn´t really pitch him anything unlike Nick and Blake, and she doesn´t care, let´s be real), but because he hasn´t delivered like I expected him to. Watch any of his live performances on YT and the guy is a beast with is rasp and his guitar. Of course the show doesn´t always allow contestants to bring their whole arsenal, but I did expect better. I heard him perform his blind song off the show and it was much better than his audition. Also didn´t expect him to go guitarless for his KO and smile through a song about drug addiction.

I think he´ll get bussed, but if not, hopefully he brings out something like his usual gigs now that he´ll have a whole live band behind him in the playoffs.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I do have to say Jordan has dissappointed me quite a bit. (And not because of the Kelly thing, because that very easily could have been sketchy editing for drama, plus Kelly didn´t really pitch him anything unlike Nick and Blake, and she doesn´t care, let´s be real), but because he hasn´t delivered like I expected him to. Watch any of his live performances on YT and the guy is a beast with is rasp and his guitar. Of course the show doesn´t always allow contestants to bring their whole arsenal, but I did expect better. I heard him perform his blind song off the show and it was much better than his audition. Also didn´t expect him to go guitarless for his KO and smile through a song about drug addiction.

I think he´ll get bussed, but if not, hopefully he brings out something like his usual gigs now that he´ll have a whole live band behind him in the playoffs.

I do wonder if he could handle something by Sturgill Simpson and classic outlaw during Playoffs, though. It probably wouldn't attract minivan, but at least it seems like a comfortable buss for him. 

1 minute ago, SNI2 said:

I do wonder if he could handle something by Sturgill Simpson and classic outlaw during Playoffs, though. It probably wouldn't attract minivan, but at least it seems like a comfortable buss for him. 

Sturgill is almost Stapleton league in terms of soul, so I wouldn´t mess with him if I were Jordan.

I think the classic outlaw stuff could fit him better. Even though I really liked the Connor/Aaron battle (I know you didn´t lol), I think Jordan could have handled "I Ain´t Livin Long Like This" better. But he´s the type of performer that needs his guitar and his band backing him if he´s not playing acoustic. He´s a fantastic slide player as well,  and guitar playing often goes well with Minivan (and me lol).