The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Wouldn´t be surprised to see Avery favored here because of Kenzie´s song choice. 

I'd guess more will prefer Kenzie. I think I'll like Avery because I love his song and I think it fits his voice well. I'm not sure how much I'll like Kenzie, I hope he brings it.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Alright, let´s see. Give me your honest opinions of this song. 

I haven't been listening to the lyrics, but I actually kind of like it. It also has lots of room for Kenzie to show some power, which he hasn't been showing as much in the previous rounds.

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Alright, let´s see. Give me your honest opinions of this song. 

I've seen it once when watching SNL and tryied to blank it out of my memory ever since. 

It's a huge let down from having a country breakout during KOs with Cover me up, by Jason Isbell, one of the greatest singer songwriters of our time and direct disciple of John Prine, to a guy in a mullet singing about how alcohol never broke his heart, but women did. Women now are worse than a future as an alcoholic nowadays, it seems. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, SNI2 said:

I've seen it once when watching SNL and tryied to blank it out of my memory ever since. 

It's a huge let down from having a country breakout during KOs with Cover me up, by Jason Isbell, one of the greatest singer songwriters of our time and direct disciple of John Prine, to a guy in a mullet singing about how alcohol never broke his heart, but women did. Women now are worse than a future as an alcoholic nowadays, it seems. 

The song is very tongue in cheek though, you´re not really supposed to take it seriously. 

I think the lyrics are pretty much the standard same old blue jeans, beer, trucks that are all over country music nowadays, but it does lend to a soul- country vibe that could allow Mr Wheels to soar. The riff, while derivative, is quite catchy. Plus Kelly knows how to make sure her singers have a moment.

I do agree that this is not gonna be the moment that Jake Hoot had with the Isbell song at all, but we´ll see what happens.

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The song is very tongue in cheek though, you´re not really supposed to take it seriously. 

I think the lyrics are pretty much the standard same old blue jeans, beer, trucks that are all over country music nowadays, but it does lend to a soul- country vibe that could allow Mr Wheels to soar. The riff, while derivative, is quite catchy. Plus Kelly knows how to make sure her singers have a moment.

I do agree that this is not gonna be the moment that Jake Hoot had with the Isbell song at all, but we´ll see what happens.

Of course. When I think about soulful country, I go straight to Stapleton. But yes, Luke Combs is an adequate choice if you want to appeal to the beer-truck-women type of sound. Or Morgan Wallen (even though we all know how this would go 😆). 

But it might have been a good choice at the end of the day, if Minivan buys this type of song. Even though I can think of a better Luke Combs for this situation. Check it out "without you". It's totally in kenzie's lane and appeals to his backstory. 

PS: I know about the existence of this song because Amanda Shires plays fiddle in it and she's a queen. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m curious to see who IDF prefers in Avery vs. Kenzie.

I’m pretty sure I’ll prefer Avery. His song is one of my favorite country songs and Kenzie’s song is.....well.....something. Of course Kenzie might deliver a strong performance to Avery’s weaker one, but it’ll depend on big the gap is between their performances for me to prefer one over the other. If they are pretty much vocally equal (i don’t remember source comments lol) I’ll prefer Avery because of the song.

16 minutes ago, Dany said:

They unlock the vote page

https://voice.vote.nbc.com/rules

There not much this season only online and app. With instant save for 2 episodes, May 11 and 18

EDIT: It seem that there is no cumulative anything for the final. No itunes, stream, YT or anything  for vote. They may still do it without vote but :unsure:

It looks the 4 Way Knockout voting will be the same as last season, overnight voting on the app and online.

I did some relistening and here's my rankings at the moment:

1. Corey

2. Pia

3. Ryleigh

4. Pete

5. Victor (grew on me, even the dancing lol)

6. Andrew

7. Dana (just can't get myself to enjoy this as much as I want to :stealth:)

8. Jordan

9. Gean

10. Ciana

11. Ethan

12. Keegan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol I know I’m in the minority here, but Pete just gives me Kareoke vibes idk🤣 I just can’t get into him

I didn't like his blind or battle, but I didn't ever consider him Karaoke. His tone just wasn't my favorite on those songs. 

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1