The Drag Race Rankdown 3.0

Elliott

A'Keria C Davenport

a'keria chanel davenport | Tumblr

slap that a## and get a free Pass!!

A'Keria Chanel Davenport was a contestant on season 11 of Drag Race.  She is obviously a member of the Haus of Davenport.  However, I easily like Akeria the most of all the Davenports I have taken out of the game.  A'Keria made it all the way to the finale. That isn't saying much as I didn't love her in the context of her season.  What I did love from her though, were some of her runways.  I really love her All that Glitter runway, slay.  I am also a big fan of her Orange runway and her fringe runway (especially the headpiece).  I thought she was pretty terrible in Snatch game.  Akeria also stood out in a good way when she did her 6 person lip sync for her life.  Akeria has two challenge wins, of which I only remember one of them. Thankfully she was Bottom 2 and was able to eliminate Raja O'Hara (who I believe is also a Davenport).  Anyway congrats on getting to the Top 50, grat accomplishment, but this is a very tough group of contestants who I like.  Therefore I have to cut the one I am neutral on.  

Save: Manila Luzon  

Edited by Solaris

Detox

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Hmmm, there were only two Queens I was wanting to cut here (so hopefully the other can too but probably not but we’ll see). But I am choosing to cut Detox right now. And funny that I am doing this because I can now reveal that Detox was one of the Queens I was debating on nominating on my round and she was the last Queen I removed from my list.

Detox is a Drag Queen contestant who first appeared on and competed on RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 5. Detox is clearly a very talented and well respected Queen on the show (and i would assume outside of the show). I ~like her well enough and appreciate and respect her as a competitor on the show, but she isn’t someone I really rooted for, or cared a great deep deal about? There’s a number of those contestants for me and yeah Detox, while very good, is just there for me. 

I’ll share my thoughts of her Season 5 run here: I found Detox quite hilarious with her snarky and shadiness. :haha: I did feel like Detox was a frontrunner at the start and she did do well’ish throughout the season. But I do feel she lost some spark or wasn’t as strong towards the end of the season. But some highlights Detox had were the chicken role on that Children’s show challenge and that perfume commercial which I found hilarious where she would do this whispery sexy voice mixed in with that deep manly voice. :dead: She did have some fun and funny lip sync battles with those funny lip movements - although it got old kinda fast for me. But also OMG that segment of Detox talking about all of hr surgeries was insane. :dead: And the moments where Detox was vulnerable about her boyfriend’s death and car accident were touching moments. :( I liked Detox but overall wasn’t too invested. 

Detox would then appear on All-Stars Season 2. I did grow to like and appreciate Detox more on this season, although the Rolasakatox alliance was and got annoying with how they dominating the season and dragged Roxxxy to an underserved finalist spot over Alyssa and Tatianna.

I’ll share my All Stars 2 thoughts of her here: Detox was another Rolaskatox member that I liked much more this time around. Although aww it was sad seeing Detox explain how her head wasn’t as in the game last time as she found out about her father being diagnosed with cancer and not being completely focused on that. :( Detox definitely had killer runway looks and was probably the strongest  and most consistent on that end of things - on this eason. :yes: She was definitely memorable with her looks. As far as the challenges she started off fine but a little low on things. It took a couple weeks for her to standout to me but she had great moments such as her: Marie Antoniette from HERstory musical episode, Revenge of the Queens stand up comedy act with Tatianna and her trash talking receptacle commercial ad were all great entertaining and funny moments. Detox did a great job with her sister on the Family that Drags makeover episode. But ugh I was SO TICKED when she saved Roxxxy over Alyssa, who had been in the Bottom 2/3 for 5 episodes. Ugh. 😐 However no matter how great Detox does or was this whole season I still struggle to be a *huge* fan of Detox’s and I am not even sure why. She didnt’ do any missteps but I guess i just lack a connection to her compared to the other contestants? She still was deserving of making the finale even though I would have preferred a few others there.

Saving: Courtney Act

giphy-downsized.gif

Chad Michaels (Season 4 + All-Stars 1)

XTkR.gif

XxIq.gif

tumblr_mdxj3pHs8T1rosb88o1_r1_500.gif

"Happy Hunger Games, b*tches."

Sigh at these tragic nominations. Gotta cut Chad because I need to protect Alyssa and Peppermint. 

Chad Michaels is a legend. Period. Highest booking fee in the drag world for a reason! The best Cher impersonator alive. Finalist of Season 4. Winner of All-Stars 1. Ten total high placements with five main challenge wins across her two seasons.

Snatch Game? Perfection.

Makeover Challenge? Nailed.

Ball Challenge? Great.

The first queen to ever win all three and the only queen to win all three and then go on to win the season. Only two lip-syncs across both of her seasons. She won both, taking out Latrice Royale in the process. Defeated Raven. 

Chad Michaels is actual drag excellence and probably has one of the strongest RPDR resumes to this very day. Chad never looked shoddy. Chad hardly ever falter. Constant delivery. Constant high-drag. Just a legend. So why cut Chad? I just do not find her to be the most entertaining as a reality television contestant, nor do I find her form of drag to be the most exciting. But the b*tch is a legend and I bow down.  

SAVING: Alyssa Edwards

• Sad 2

Blu Hydrangea

0_Chloe-Dougans-Call-Me-Sophia-drag-cout

Me actually making it to a cut/save in this round? I’m shook. Anyway my top choice to save here would have been A’Keria however..I know I’m in the minority here when it comes to being a big fan of hers so tbh, her making top 50 is way better than I had prepared for! So when it comes down to Blu and Peppermint, I have to save Peppermint. Nothing against Blu of course!

Blu was a really pleasant surprise for me on Series 1 of UK Drag Race. She definitely was a look/makeup queen in the season and that showed by some of the amazing runways and looks that she presented over the season. Although she mostly had a SAFE run over the season, she had some moments I really enjoyed. She played a great part in the Frock Destroyers, and also I enjoyed her dirty take on Mary Berry in Snatch Game which was SO unexpected. :dead: Blu made it to the top 5 which exceeded my expectations! Whenever we get a UK All-Stars, or some form of International All-Stars, I do think Blu could make a fun wildcard pick. I think she’s still got room to grow but had a fun first showing on the first season especially for being so young. This is a great placement for her!

Saving Peppermint

Chi Chi DeVayne

source.gif

Aww this is kind of sad and bittersweet cutting Chi Chi DeVayne, the second queen to pass away here. Chi Chi made the top 4 in season 8. Her outfits weren't the best always (I remember her coming into the workroom in a trash bag) but she was a cheap queen and proud of it. She was aso funny though didn't compare to Bob in that department. She was a fierce lip syncer and easily took out Naysha Lopez in an iconic lip sync of Call Me:

But rather than be bitter, Naysha gave her some outfits when she was sent home which was really nice. But she was the obvious choice to go in final 4.

The same thing kinda happened in All-Stars when she made four trips to the bottom but was saved due to fierce lip syncs. Thorgy Thor was kind of screwed over in the process though. However, Chi Chi did give us one of the best lip syncs ever to "And I Am Telling You" in the process! 

https://www.facebook.com/Rupauls-Drag-Race-México-2182876295360681/videos/306591787364077/

And I remember her not doing well on her Maya Angelou snatch game and being an easy choice for DeLa and Shangela to send home rather than send home a threat. 

Obviously I can't go without mentioning her death earlier this year from kidney failure. :( R.I.P. queen.

Saving: GiGi Goode 

Edited by ~Tom~
  • Sad 1