The Drag Race Rankdown 3.0

Elliott

I apologize in advance, 4 of these nom's were easy, the other 6 difficult. I got a couple of requests to not nominate people I had planned on nominating. This left me with limited options. (My DM's have always been open) >_<

Asia O'Hara

Heidi N Closet

Jaida Essence Hall

Jan

Naomi Smalls

Nina Flowers

Rita Baga

Sasha Velour

Shea Coulee

Willam

Jan (Season 12)

jan.gif.dbffab75416865d7f2cb3466c7f37ba5

200.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

80a6b3a6a4854ba8880ea307cd33fe4fa4aa6499

b6cee735405e75596cd9061be3c6d5e329b906a1

"We're on Drag Race! How fun!"

Take it back. Andy had tame noms. These noms were truly, truly tragic. Truly tragic. IDK.

Jan is the absolute fairest cut though, probably lasting a tad too long in this game if we are being honest. That being said, I stan Jan. A f*cking hoot. Whether she is slapping the SHADE button, hysterically crying over constantly losing and pretending to be crying about Brita, death staring the judges after losing the Madonna Rusical, giving way too much energy at all times, Jan is always providing meme-able and GIF-able content. That automatically makes you a fantastic queen, in my eyes.

Jan served on the show imo. But she also is part of one of the most supremely talented casts ever assembled. All three of her high placements were beyond well-deserved. Jan definitely was egregiously robbed of a win for the Rusical, but there are actually performances from that week that have stuck with me far more tbh. Her runways were super original and creative. The storyline of her desperately wanting a win, but always coming up short made me cackle. Just a great character and queen. That had the unfortunate and insurmountable task of lip-syncing against Widow to Chaka Khan. Yeah. Poor thing. I cannot wait to see her on All-Stars, but her time is up here.

SAVING: Jaida Essence Hall

Sasha Velour

source.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Omggg this game is tooo much right now. I don’t even know what’s going on or what to say anymore…. it’s all just sooo….. GAHH. :dead: Crazy how fast these rounds went but yeah I was left with an easy save option in saving Shea and an easy cut option in cutting Sasha, soooo here we are. Sasha wasn’t someone that was necessarily a target of mine but was probably gonna get there eventually.  Also I could not let Shea go - because having Chad and Shea go on the same night within 2 or so hours would drive Elliott even more insane.

Sasha Velour is a drag queen contestant who participated on RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 9, where she would end up winning that season.

Of the Season 9 finalists, Sasha is the Queen’s who style isn’t my favorite and it took her some time to grow on me. Her look and style is unique but one that takes awhile to grow on me. Many of the other Queens stood out to me looks-wise and performance-wise early on but at some point i did start liking Sasha. Ooh I did think it was sweet how Sasha took on the bald woman drag look in honor of her mother dying from cancer. :( Sasha does have this intellectual and artistic style of drag which did help her stand out. I forgot she landed in the Top 3 for the premiere beauty pageant episode but she was great there. I did like her friendship with Shea and how they won that Do-It-Yourself segment from the news show and their hilarious Teets and Asky sitcom. I think I started taking notice of Sasha there as well as her Marlene Dietrich impersonation from Snatch Game. I also remember being nervous for her with the Michelle Visage roast but she really surprised me there  and this was another moment she was growing on me. She did have some creative and innovative runway looks that did always make her standout. This really surprised with how she didn’t win the Gayest Ball Ever challenge as she nailed all 3 looks. Sasha’s verse from the finale song did seem kinda creepy but it cracked me up. :haha: Now some real talk…..I do think Sasha is a good winner but I was very disappointed by it as i preferred the other 3 Queens all season long. Sasha delivered two strong lip syncs but still wasn’t overly excited but she is great and I do lie her.

So yeah Sasha is good, very talented and a solid winner - but again she’s one of those types that i am not super crazy about and preferred a few others (four to be exact) from her season.

Saving: Shea Coulee

tenor.gif

• Sad 1

NINA FLOWERS (Season 1, All-Stars 1)

giphy.gif

Am I the only one who thinks boy Nina is trade? :ph34rwave: Just me? Okay I'll see myself out. Nina Flowers is the fantastic runner-up from RuPaul's Drag Race Season 1: Vaseline Realness. She hails from my current city of Denver and has a really cool and unique androgynous look that is still pretty ubiquitous to the world of Drag Race today. I have spent by far the least amount of time with S1 compared to the rest of the show so I really couldn't tell you what challenges Nina performed well in, where she struggled, etc, but she made it all the way to second place and lost to Bebe, which duh lol. Nina came back for All-Stars 1 and had the unfortunate luck of being paired with Tammie, who was never a real competitor for the crown tbh (as much as I love her). Their team left second after they bombed the Gaffe-In challenge....having said that, I rewatched that episode recently and laughed at their performance many times, but I think that's just because I find literally anything that Tammie says or does hilarious. But I digress! Nina seemed to have a good attitude in both of her runs though, and I am a fan overall even though she's not one of my top favorites. Out she goes!

Saving:

47564c600e25982635a0da69121258e4.gif