Jump to content

IDF Popular/Common opinions


Recommended Posts

What are some things that IDF can mostly agree upon? We are a very niche portion of The Voice's audience, so what are our leanings, regarding previous and current contestants?

Edited by ashwinner
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Absolutely nothing. 

edited to say mostly, I can definitely think of a few opinions that are common, so I guess I'll start off:

 

Zan Fiskum deserved to get into the Finale over Micah

Edited by ashwinner
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ashwinner said:

edited to say mostly, I can definitely think of a few opinions that are common, so I guess I'll start off:

 

Zan Fiskum deserved to get into the Finale over Micah or CammWess


I don’t even agree with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeamAudra said:


I don’t even agree with that. 

the point isn't that everyone agrees with it; just that a majority of IDF would agree with that! if you read the title, it says "Popular/Common," not universal!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

edited to say mostly, I can definitely think of a few opinions that are common, so I guess I'll start off:

 

Zan Fiskum deserved to get into the Finale over Micah or CammWess

Cammwess>Zan>>>>>>Micah Boringson

 

Anyways: Females>>>Males

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

the point isn't that everyone agrees with it; just that a majority of IDF would agree with that! if you read the title, it says "Popular/Common," not universal!


CammWess was relatively popular here, and there were others in the bloodbath. I had issues with Joanna’s song choices, but a lot of people were pulling for her too. I don’t think there was a consensus choice for that 4th or 5th spot. I personally think IDF was just pulling for the females. That is something most of us can agree on. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


CammWess was relatively popular here, and there were others in the bloodbath. I had issues with Joanna’s song choices, but a lot of people were pulling for her too. I don’t think there was a consensus choice for that 4th or 5th spot. I personally think IDF was just pulling for the females. That is something most of us can agree on. 

that's probably true, but I think that people can agree Zan > Micah, so ill edit that

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, B-B said:

 

Anyways: Females>>>Males

 

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner. Close the thread now.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2020 at 10:19 AM, B-B said:

Cammwess>Zan>>>>>>Micah Boringson

 

Anyways: Females>>>Males

You know that's the problem here on IDF ( I am referring to only those who are biased )  , you guys like females more than males so you think that their voices are much better than males , and when males make it further than females you say OUR QUEENS ARE ROBBED ,  if your fav doesn't make it further due to her inconsistency/weak fanbase it doesn't matter that you put the blame on males 

Edited by Zainab Tufail
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

You know that's the problem here on IDF , you guys like females more than males so you think that their voices are much better than males , and when males make it further than females you say OUR QUEENS ARE ROBBED ,  if your fav doesn't make it further due to her inconsistency/weak fanbase it doesn't matter that you put the blame on males 

Yeah, totally, last year they made changes just to have us more engaged. Allegra and Joanna (females) definitely wouldn't have made finale over Micah and CammWess (males) if it was overall vote. They could never. They just did it for no reason lol

Just one example of many

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

You know that's the problem here on IDF , you guys like females more than males so you think that their voices are much better than males , and when males make it further than females you say OUR QUEENS ARE ROBBED ,  if your fav doesn't make it further due to her inconsistency/weak fanbase it doesn't matter that you put the blame on males 

If you don't like IDF, no one is forcing you to come here? Like you constantly complain about how you disagree with us, but we didn't ask you to agree with us, or discuss with us. If you can agree to disagree on opinion, I'd love to continue discussing, but if you are going to get upset over opinions, you don't have to stay 🥰

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2020 at 1:51 PM, ashwinner said:

If you don't like IDF, no one is forcing you to come here? Like you constantly complain about how you disagree with us, but we didn't ask you to agree with us, or discuss with us. If you can agree to disagree on opinion, I'd love to continue discussing, but if you are going to get upset over opinions, you don't have to stay 🥰

I have right to agree and disagree on whatever I want and to whichever I want , if you don't like it then don't even see my posts . I didn't mean to say that I don't like IDF I just wanted to say I don't agree with many of you who say Females >>>>> Males

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

You know that's the problem here on IDF , you guys like females more than males so you think that their voices are much better than males , and when males make it further than females you say OUR QUEENS ARE ROBBED ,  if your fav doesn't make it further due to her inconsistency/weak fanbase it doesn't matter that you put the blame on males 

 

Point noted, I also notice that, sometimes it is also unfair (I did not mind having many males on the finale on S18 as I liked some of them better). But I think the reason behind why IDF loves more female is I think bc they are more active on social medias? They are more capable of giving the IDF community those "pre-audition" covers, which is why most of here have female fan threads.

 

Also, sometimes, males tend to be in one lane, for example, a season full of country dudes, season with lots of hearthrob thingy with an ordinary voice. They can get boring, unlike the females, which are more diverse. (Side note though, I love Jeffrey, Todd, Josh, Will Breman, CammWess for the dudes)

 

In the end, you are absolutely right, but yeah just gave my "theory" about why this happens, and hopefully you kind of understand, even if it is so complicated I think lmao

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I don’t have a preference for any gender, but I usually root for females because they are better most of the time. 
 

Jordan, Will, Chris Jamison, Matthew and Thunderstorm were my favorites during their respective seasons, but more often than not the male talent is non existent and I personally can’t root for people who don’t have talent.
 

Although I agree there is some bias for female talent over male talent on IDF.

Edited by Daillon
Link to post
Share on other sites

The board generally swings in favor of women over men, most of the board isn't country fans (Danielle being the board's exception), and Kymberli vs. OneUp is widely regarded as the best version of "Mercy" on the show.

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day it's just the matter of personal preferences and taste . Everyone can have Their opinion .

Side note : It's not that I don't like females ( I really liked Juliet , Amanda , Amber , Danielle , Tessane , Jaquie , Sisaundra , Meagan , Madi , Alison , Lilli Passero , Addison , Kyla , Reagan , Makenzie , Kymberli , Mari , Rose , Kyndal and Toneisha ) it's just kind of unfair sometimes when people get biased.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

At the end of the day it's just the matter of personal preferences and taste . Everyone can have Their opinion .

Side note : It's not that I don't like females ( I really liked Juliet , Amanda , Amber , Danielle , Tessane , Jaquie , Sisaundra , Meagan , Madi , Alison , Lilli Passero , Addison , Kyla , Reagan , Makenzie , Kymberli , Mari , Rose , Kyndal and Toneisha ) it's just kind of unfair sometimes when people get biased.

 

Let's see, we say that someone was robbed because we think they were better than the person who advanced over them. You think they weren't, okay whatever. You have your own bias. If it was the other way around you'd say the same thing we do. I don't get how is it unfair and to who? To the contestants that did advance? They couldn't care less about us. We didn't take anything away from them. Or is it that you just feel threatened because we're the majority? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

- I think we can all agree that the best coaches are Blake and Kelly

- John is kinda boring, and always looks for pitch perfect singers

- Nick was a really good coach, I would like the lineup to be Kelly, Blake, Nick and Alicia

- Megan over Micah

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

At the end of the day it's just the matter of personal preferences and taste . Everyone can have Their opinion .

Side note : It's not that I don't like females ( I really liked Juliet , Amanda , Amber , Danielle , Tessane , Jaquie , Sisaundra , Meagan , Madi , Alison , Lilli Passero , Addison , Kyla , Reagan , Makenzie , Kymberli , Mari , Rose , Kyndal and Toneisha ) it's just kind of unfair sometimes when people get biased.

 

I think that's the problem....you have opinions but often peeps that have different opinions are biased.   That's just horse hockey.

 

Females voices are just awesome. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...