Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

1 hour ago, Deeee said:

10. Ready to Run (1999, prod. by Blake Chancey + Paul Worley, written by Marcus Hummon + Martie Maguire)

Album: Fly

RANKINGS

Gigi: 13

My ranking should be 3 instead of 13.

FINAL STANDINGS PART SIX

6. Travelin' Soldier (2002, prod. by The Chicks + Lloyd Maines, written by Bruce Robison)

Album: Home

Dixiechicks454827.jpg

US Billboard Hot 100 : #25 (Single)

US Hot Country Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelin'_Soldier

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 9

Elliott: 6

Derek: 18

Sola: 6

Tom: 2

Chris: 1

Kaley: 16

Victoria: 5

Public: 8

Final Average = 7.889

COMMENTS

On 10/19/2020 at 1:50 PM, Elliott said:

This song being their current single when #bushgate (...that term really needs to be changed) happened? Legendary. It's my favourite song from Home, and one of my favourites by them overall! The folksy vibe on the entire Home album is underrated, and this song is the best display of the album as a whole, I feel.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:24 PM, ~Tom~ said:

Easily my favorite song from Home and my second favorite song by the Chicks. The song is a tale about a shy young American soldier who strikes up a conversation and later a correspondence with a high school girl during the Vietnam War era. The last verse goes "One name read and nobody really cared but a pretty little girl with a bow in her hair" wich reminds me of another of my favorite country songs, More Than a Name On the Wall by the Statler Brothers, which also tells of a death in Vietnam, and in that case his mom mourning him. Travelin Soldier also has that folk influence I love.

On 10/22/2020 at 9:02 PM, *Chris said:

Their last song to reach the top of the country chart, "Travelin' Soldier" is easily my all-time favourite song of theirs! This song truly features The Chicks at their best - flawless vocal performance & amazing harmonies. On top of all of that, Natalie Maines proves why she's one of the best storyteller in the business - the way she's able to bring us on an emotional journey is truly impressive. Granted that the lyrics certainly help drive the message of the song - "Never gonna hold the hand of another guy, Too young for him they told her, Waitin' for the love of a travelin' soldier, Our love will never end, Waitin' for the soldier to come back again, Never more to be alone when the letter says, A soldier's coming home" - it is the emotions in Natalie's voice that truly make the song what it is.  As mentioned earlier, this song is easily my favourite song of theirs & one of the most beautiful song ever recorded - but my love for the song was solidified after hearing them perform this song live as they truly brought me on the emotional journey I was talking about earlier. 

Ahem. This song is iconic and one of the best country songs ever.

5. Gaslighter (2020, prod. by Jack Antonoff + The Chicks, written by Jack Antonoff + The Chicks)

Album: Gaslighter

giphy-downsized-large.gif

US Country Airplay (Billboard) : #36 (Single)

US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard): #7 (Single)

US Hot Country Songs (Billboard): #20 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighter_(song)

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 10

Elliott: 5

Derek: 4

Sola: 5

Tom: 12

Chris: 9

Kaley: 9

Victoria: 9

Public: 4

Final Average = 7.444

COMMENTS

The way that The Chicks' first actual single in over decade was them dragging Natalie's ex-husband? We have no choice but to stan!

Despite the song being fairly recent and the titled track of their most recent album, this is a song that I've been hooked up on ever since its release - my partner would even said that I've overplayed this song especially upon its release. As a whole, this song is exactly what we expect from this iconic trio - they managed to keep their same sound & style but make it more fresh, edgy, and modern. Anyway, this song was an incredible comeback for The Chicks whom embark on a new era.

Iconic song is iconic. Deserving of a spot in the Top 5 for literally being a song that drags men ton hell and back.

4. Sin Wagon (1999, prod. by Blake Chancey + Paul Worley, written by Natalie Maines + Emily Erwin + Stephony Smith)

Album: Fly

Chicksfly.jpg

US Hot Country Songs (Billboard): #52 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_Wagon

RANKINGS

Gigi: 7

Elliott: 7

Derek: 9

Sola: 11

Tom: 4

Chris: 7

Kaley: 3

Victoria: 6

Public: 9

Final Average = 7.000

COMMENTS

The only thing I have to say about this song is that it's truly a SIN that it was never released as a single, as I truly believe that it would have been a hit especially considering how popular it is despite never being released as one. 

They literally made a hit song in the 90s about pro-female sexuality and people were surprised by their political views! Never forgot the time Amy Adams (no, not that one) slayed on Idol with this only to be eliminated the next week! I'm still bitter.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:24 PM, ~Tom~ said:

I wish they had more rock-ish songs like this one. One of the most fun and cachy songs in country.

Still catching up!

18. Long Way Around (I ranked 6)— I wasn’t expecting to be the highest ranked for this one, but the more I listened, the more charming I found it. I love the message of someone who doesn’t take the same path as everyone else but finds her way :wub:

17. There’s Your Trouble (I ranked 19)— A cute and catchy song, but I wound up preferring a lot of the others. 

16. Let Him Fly (I ranked 20)— I found it forgettable compared to some of the others, so it wound up here by default.

Also, while I’m still catching up with my comments, I have to give a huge :wub::heartbounce: for this top 3!