Musician Discography Rankdown (Alicia Keys Results)

FrogLenzen

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LEGENDARY SONGS. :wub: 

Me and Priscilla really DID THAT. :wub: 

Poor Elliott once again. :dead: 

:dead:  

Lol that is funny. :haha:  

I can see this or Toxic or Baby switching around. I do feel like Oops! is the easy 3rd placer. :haha: I'll obviously be happy with whichever wins.

Yeah I go back and for with Toxic and Baby One More Time winning. I love all 3 songs and would be fine with any of them winning.

• Like 1

FINAL STANDINGS PART SEVEN

3. ...Baby One More Time (1998, prod. by Max Martin + Rami, written by Max Martin)

Album: ...Baby One More Time

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #25 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 Year-End Charts (Billboard): #5 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 Year-End Charts (Billboard): #3 (Single)

US Rhythmic Year-End Charts (Billboard): #34 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 Decade-End Charts (Billboard): #78 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 All-Time Charts (Billboard): #25 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...Baby_One_More_Time_(song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 16

Gigi: 6

Derek: 7

Sola: 7

Steven: 2

Kaley: 10

Andy: 9

Wally: 2

Denise: 4

Rei: 11

Elliott: 14

Lily: 4

Priscilla: 1

JC: 4

QK: 1

Chris: 12

Victoria: 2

Amanda: 3

Final Average = 6.222

COMMENTS

The greatest debut single in the history of music. One of the greatest pop songs of all-time. What a historic moment for music. No words. Just love.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, *Wallace said:

tumblr_p5jokjJv5o1tjot5eo1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_medjysujfB1qee6wmo1_500.gif

THE ICONIC and LEGENDARY “...Baby One More Time.” :wub: We ALL got to have love for this song! :wub: Although 17 of us rankers are all bad for not advancing this song straight to the finals (Lmaoo I’m teasing everyone. :haha:). But I am sooo very grateful that Victoria came through and sent this song into the finals. This definitely needed to be in the finals. Gosh now my Top 2 Britney songs are songs I go back and forward on changing my mind as my Britney song. Sometimes it is this and sometimes it’s another song… but I decided to give this #2. 

Gosh I have A HUGE history with this song & video that i hope not to make too long. I remember first watching this video around late November 1998 on a music video channel. My mind was absolutely blown by who this Britney Spears girl was. I thought she was the hottest girl ever when I saw this video and my love for her and this song would only grow the more I would watch and listen to this song. :wub: And my big crush and love for Britney would never look back from seeing this video. This song would have me follow Britney’s career. And of course this song is legendary. The music video is legendary too. Britney invented the risqué school girl look and I remember how that look just took off after this. And it’s still done to this day!

Britney starts off the song with the “oh baby baby” which is THE Britney trademark. You can’t think of that without thinking of Britney. (!) I loveee that opening verse so much. But then I love the pre-chorus and chorus even more.

Show me how you want it to be

Tell me, baby

'Cause I need to know now, oh, because

My loneliness

Is killing me and I

I must confess

I still believe, still believe

When I'm not with you I lose my mind

Give me a sign

Hit me, baby, one more time

ALL SO ICONIC! :bobo::wub: From the second verse i really love the part where she sings:

Oh, pretty baby

There's nothing that I wouldn't do

It's not the way I planned it

:wub: 

I also love the slow down bridge before the song picks back up and then how it picks up and has this powerful sound where she sings:

Oh, baby, baby

How was I supposed to know?

Oh, pretty baby

I shouldn't have let you go

I must confess

That my loneliness

Is killing me now

Don't you know I still believe

That you will be here

And give me a sign?

Hit me, baby, one more time

:bobo:

And I mentioned how great and iconic the music video is too. But i must mention how much I love all of her various high school looks and all of the amazing killer dancing here! But yess this song better rank well. I wouldn’t mind it being the winner of the Britney mini rankdown but I feel a different song could get that honor.

On 9/14/2020 at 8:33 PM, miss denise said:

CLASSIC ICONIC debut. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif I think we all know this song as soon as the melody hits in the first second. This song is super catchy, legendary, and never gets old. This will always be one of my favorite Britney songs. I love how she sings on the entire thing and how the melody sort of builds. It's just classic pop goodness and so good. "My loneliness is killing me" :broken: Iconic line. "When I'm not with you I lose my mind, Give me a sign, Hit me, baby, one more time" heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif  You just have to love that GIVE ME A SIGNNNNNNNNNNN part (and the entire song).  The different way she sings the chorus following the bridge is one of my favorite parts. :bobo: 

On 9/15/2020 at 4:12 PM, *Lily said:

This is a music debut that has gone down in history and I feel everyone either remembers or at least knows about. Ask anyone about this song and they will know it, and probably will know the video too. Legendary.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:40 AM, JC said:

Another iconic song, she is an icon, these are just all songs that you are like up and bopping around immediately if they come up on a dance floor or the radio.

On 9/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, taylorkat said:

The iconic song that made me a Britney fan!

On 9/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, *Chris said:

A timeless bop

On 9/11/2020 at 5:10 PM, FrogLenzen said:

iconic

On 9/17/2020 at 5:42 PM, QueenKalie said:

so iconic that I had to rank it #1

On 9/13/2020 at 10:35 AM, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

This should probably be higher solely because of how iconic it is, but I’m going more by the songs I relisten to most... I do love this song, and the music video is forever etched in my mind. It definitely had to make my top 10, though I couldn’t justify putting it much higher. An amazing start to her career.

2. Oops!...I Did It Again (2000, prod. by Max Martin + Rami, written by Max Martin + Rami)

Album: Oops!...I Did It Again

giphy.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 (Billboard): #9 (Single)

US Latin Pop Songs (Billboard): #27 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #27 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Gold (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oops!..._I_Did_It_Again_(song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 14

Gigi: 7

Derek: 9

Sola: 10

Steven: 3

Kaley: 7

Andy: 4

Wally: 3

Denise: 5

Rei: 7

Elliott: 10

Lily: 6

Priscilla: 3

JC: 1

QK: 2

Chris: 5

Victoria: 3

Amanda: 6

Final Average = 5.833

COMMENTS

Lowkey always preferred Oops! to ...Baby which I feel like is unpopular! But the fact that this ranked second instead is the biggest shocker of this whole final round tbh. I mean...imagine following up the greatest debut single of all-time with this masterpiece of pop music. That pop culture phenom Ms. Spears! A legendary piece of music and music video.

DecimalInstructiveKiwi-size_restricted.gCarefulConcernedAnglerfish-size_restrict

“Oops!...I Did It Again” is one of the many Britney classic songs I absolutely love a ton, so thank you Priscilla for advancing this song into the finals! This was a song i definitely heard a lot and watch the music video a ton and I never got tired of it. You just gotta love those catchy “yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah” right from the start of the song! ❤️ And then how the first verse  starts off with I think I did it again? ICONIC. Then I also really love the pre-chorus and chorus where she sings:

'Cause to lose all my senses

That is just so typically me

Oh, baby, baby

Oops!... I did it again

I played with your heart, got lost in the game

Oh, baby, baby

Oops!... You think I'm in love

That I'm sent from above

I'm not that innocent

Once again such a catchy chorus! :bobo: I LOVE that whole second verse… and I actually won’t quote it here but do know I adore it! But LET US NOT forget the iconic dialogue between Britney and the astronaut guy. THIS DIALOGUE was everything and iconic and I will not hear otherwise. I would be lying if i said I did not remember this word for word. :dead:

AgedComfortableAtlanticspadefish-small.g

Britney-Spears-Oops-I-Did-It-Again-Gif-K

giphy.gif

Guy: “Britney, before you go, there's something I want you to have."

Britney: “Oh, it's beautiful, but wait a minute, isn't this..?"

Guy: "Yeah, yes it is."

Britney: "But I thought the old lady dropped it into the ocean in the end."

Guy: "Well, baby, I went down and got it for you."

Britney: "Oh, you shouldn't have."

POOR ASTRONAUT GUY. :dead: He did something amazing for Britney and got something Britney really wanted…. and when he thought they would be together. She leaves him. So messed up. :dead: Then I really love the bridge of the song:

Oops!... I did it again to your heart

Got lost in this game, oh, baby

Oops!... You think that I'm sent from above

I'm not that innocent

I also really love this music video too. Lmaooo I know I am sounding like a broken record on these music video comments but I can’t help what I love. :dead: The space theme of the video is so cool. But yeah the red catsuit was a hot and iconic look from Britney! And I also love the white top & dress look on her in the middle of the video. :wub: As always i love all of the choreography here and all of the dancing  Britney does here! :bobo:

This is absolutely one of THE Britney songs.  You don't have to be a big fan or even a fan at all to know and recognize this song. Once that beat comes in at the start... you just KNOW! :bobo:  Such classic Britney and this is one of many of her songs I never tire of.  This is one of those songs everyone and their momma can quote too... at least I know my momma does. :giggle:"Oops, I did it again" is just a thing to say and it's all from this song. Besides that, the song is just super catchy and amazing pop. "'Cause to lose all my senses, that is just so typically me" :bobo:  Maybe shouldn't bobo, but we will anyway. My favorite part is probably: "Oops, you think I'm in love, that I'm sent from above, I'm not that innocent" heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif But that bridge! Well actually, it's the chorus after the speaking bridge, but the way she sings there! OOPS! I! (!) I just love it and this song is iconic.

Has anyone ever done a more iconic spoken word dialogue in the middle of a song? I think not. I just found out through Wikipedia that this song peaked at NINE on the Billboard charts and I am judging everyone who bought a record in the early months of 2000!

Obsessed and always will be obsessed with this song, even when I am 159 years old.

Iconic.

iconic

Another iconic song

Iconic song; I listened to this song way too much as a child.

I’ve always preferred this one to Baby One More Time. It’s such an amazing pop song. I was in middle school when this came out, and EVERYONE was obsessed, even moreso than Baby One More Time. The choreography from the video is still so firmly in my memory.

1. Toxic (2003, prod. by Bloodshy & Avant, written by Cathy Dennis + Bloodshy & Avant + Henrik Jonback)

Album: In the Zone

giphy.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #9 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Hot Dance Singles Sales (Billboard): #3 (Single)

US Hot Digital Tracks (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #16 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_(song)

RANKINGS

Dee: 6

Gigi: 11

Derek: 1

Sola: 5

Steven: 8

Kaley: 2

Andy: 1

Wally: 1

Denise: 6

Rei: 1

Elliott: 13

Lily: 5

Priscilla: 2

JC: 7

QK: 9

Chris: 7

Victoria: 4

Amanda: 2

Final Average = 5.056

COMMENTS

My winner pick from the very beginning! Ecstatic that Toxic won! I figured that the Oops! or ...Baby would take the crown, but this is an excellent surprise. Blackout will always be the greatest piece of work in her historic catalogue, but Toxic might be the moment that really cemented her as the It Girl of pop music forever. I truly do not think a song like this has ever been heard before. The influence of Indian culture with the bhangra music, the high-pitched Bollywood strings. GENIUS. The drums. The synthesizers. The surf guitar. One of the greatest hooks and one of the greatest choruses in pop music. Toxic changed the way of dance/pop music in the 2000s. Really paved the way for electro-pop to become a hit genre in music. Grammy Award winning! EPIC EPIC EPIC. Such a beautiful winner.

5f6d61c1cf3d6438a2f7eef720e85292.gif

Gif-2-2.gif

“Toxic” is such a LEGENDARY and ICONIC Britney song and music video. I feel like everyone knows and loves this song…. and they absolutely should! I have been going back and forth on whether to rank “Toxic” or another song as my favorite Britney song as it often changes but ultimately I decided on “Toxic.” I also feel like this is going to be the winning song of the mini Britney rankdown and if it does ,that would be a very deserving winner! :wub: Thank you to Amanda for sending this straight through into the finals.  ❤️ Of course this is another Britney song I would listen to a ton and watch the video a ton and never ever get tired of it. But yeah what can you say about this song? That it’s absolutely ICONIC and such a memorable song. This song starts off with a bang right from the first lyric of Baby, can’t you see. I’m calling. :wub: I love the verses of the song especially the 2nd verse. But I reallly love the pre-chorus and chorus of the song where Britney sings:

Too high

Can’t come down

Losing my head

Spinning ‘round and ‘round

Do you feel me now?

With a taste of your lips I’m on a ride

You're toxic I'm slipping under

With a taste of a poison paradise

I’m addicted to you

Don’t you know that you’re toxic

And I love what you do

Don’t you know that you’re toxic

:bobo::bobo::bobo: 

I love the music on the bridge of the song. It has this dancey twisted and hypnotic sound to it! Then I really love the ending of the song where Britney sings:

Intoxicate me now

With your lovin' now

I think I'm ready now

I think I'm ready now

The music video is soooo exciting, fun and entertaining to watch. It’s all such great storytelling and gives me this super hero/secret agent vibe to it. I love all of her looks in this video which are alll so fierce and SMOKIN HOT. :wub: This song was the highlight of the In the Zone album for me. (And for the record In the Zone was such an amazing Britney album that I do wish we could have gotten a bit more representation from that album ala “Me Against the Music” in the finals too…. but sadly not enough space for it. :( ) But yeah “Toxic” is amazing and a serious contender to win (and my actual prediction to win) which I would have no issue with achieving this. ❤️ 

I don't like this song as much as most people do.

This is my top pick to win because I anticipate Blackout will get tanked

This seems to be unanimously popular so I see this doing very well. I said this with Love on the Brain in the Rihanna round though and I didn't realise that wasn't unanimously popular. Anyway... some pop stars only manage one iconic look in their career. Britney gave us numerous in one video. I also recommend the video of Britney's raw vocals/original recording for this if you haven't seen it because god does she sound amazing on that.

This should probably be my #1 since I think it has an actual shot at winning, but I went with my heart instead. This is a close second for me though, and probably her strongest. This is the pop song to end all other pop songs. The video is also one fun!

Another iconic song that everyone knows and loves.

Probably her most famous song? I love it too but it's not my #1

Absolutely love this song; prefer other songs in this final ranking but still love this one. Also, MATM was robbed!

Iconic song! That music right from the start pulls me in and is so addicting.  The production, music, and vocals on this song all come together in such a perfect way. It's really amazing and so pleasing to the ear. :lmao:I love the way she sings on the pre-chorus, but the full magic is in the chorus! "With a taste of your lips I'm on a ride, you're toxic, I'm slippin' under" :bobo: This song is so cleverly written about her being so into this guy. I love it and I get it. I also love the slinky feel of the whole thing.

Edited by Deeee

7 minutes ago, Deeee said:

FINAL STANDINGS PART SEVEN

3. ...Baby One More Time (1998, prod. by Max Martin + Rami, written by Max Martin)

Album: ...Baby One More Time

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #25 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 Year-End Charts (Billboard): #5 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 Year-End Charts (Billboard): #3 (Single)

US Rhythmic Year-End Charts (Billboard): #34 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 Decade-End Charts (Billboard): #78 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 All-Time Charts (Billboard): #25 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...Baby_One_More_Time_(song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 16

2. Oops!...I Did It Again (2000, prod. by Max Martin + Rami, written by Max Martin + Rami)

Album: Oops!...I Did It Again

giphy.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 (Billboard): #9 (Single)

US Latin Pop Songs (Billboard): #27 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #27 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oops!..._I_Did_It_Again_(song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 14

The lack of taste jumped out.

Edited by QueenKalie

Just now, QueenKalie said:

The lack of taste jumped out.

As iconic as they both are, I genuinely do not listen to or love them nearly as much as most songs in the finals tbh. There are also plenty of songs that did not make the finals that I listen to more.

Oooh wow…. I am kinda surprised “…Baby One More Time” didn’t crack the Top 2. 😮 Obviously such an iconic and legendary song that put Britney on the map which we all should recognize. Deee’s comments speaks the truth despite that disrespectful #16 ranking. 😘 But nice that 14 out of 18 rankers put this in their Top 10s. :wub: Loving everyone’s thoughts on this song!

“Oops!….I Did It Again” is also such a legendary Britney song too. So shocked it beat out BOMT but I am not mad about it. i actually did not see it making it this high and was kinda scared it wouldn’t.  And wow everyone put this in their Top 10s…. EXCEPT DEE. 🙂 Amazing from everyone minus Dee. 😘 But surprised seeing some comments of people preferring this over BOMT too. Lovingg everyone’s comments on this song… and how so many of the comments says “iconic.” Lmao yess Lily mentioning the spoken word part of the song. That is THE BEST. :dead: 

SLAYYY at the legendary “Toxic” coming in at #1! :wub:  Niceee to see 16 out o 18 rankers ranking this in their Top 10s though. :wub: And of course Elliott is the one to put this song the lowest out of everyone. :dead: Love seeing this having 4 #1s with Derek/Andy/Rei/myself. :wub: Loving everyone’s comments on this song and how we all recognize the legacy of this song!

This was such a fun Britney mini rankdown! :wub: Glad I suggested it as it brought back lots of great fond memories of the Britney songs I love and glad so many rankers were apart of this! :hug: 

• Like 1

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Then don’t tell me to be quiet when you express your opinion every chance you get.

Don’t tell me to “eat sh*t” or constantly pipe in with how I have a lack of taste. Considering when people do that to you, you complain or even report! Keep that same energy sis and remember who started it, because it was not me.

22 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Toxic is one of the greatest pieces of pop music ever recorded. I will be sleeping soundly tonight. 

Lol I'm shook we agree on the same #1. Especially from when we talked about this earlier today. :haha: