The Voice Australia Season 9

Teraginn

8 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

There is one All-Star still unaccounted for, and according to the list it might be 

Reveal hidden contents

Kat Jade

I've tried searching for her but I can't find any indication that she's the remaining chair turn (yet)

Does anyone have a link to the promo with all the All-Stars walking out? Just wanted to double check and make sure we have everyone accounted for....

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rach88 said:

On the 9 website, they've released an article about how the rest of the show will play out.

Kelly and George will be contributing to mentoring sessions via Facetime, and then sitting on their red chairs via satellite for the shows.

The Veronicas and Marcia Hines are guest mentors for The Playoffs, and they will be bringing out more 'big names in Australian music' to help the overseas coaches for the finals.

Of course, there won't be an audience and there's a smaller cast/crew that have separated into 2 groups to abide by COVID rules

I think this is pretty good. Glad to see that they'll be able to continue the show, even with all of these modifications.

• Like 1

EPISODE 7:

• Claudia Harrison - O Mio Babbino Caro: Absolutely love her - I love operatic pop female artists, and we should have more of them on these shows. Looking forward to see what songs she will be doing going forward. 

• Emma Mylott - Bang Bang: I don't really care for pop female singers on these shows. It was lacking some energy, and her voice is not the best. But maybe one of the best "mediocre" pop singers that moved on? I don't know.

• Bo'Ness - Dumb Things: I like the vibe of their performance, but nothing too spectacular. Could see them doing something more country than this, like Brothers Orborne. 

• Lyric McFarland - Good as Hell x So Good: I enjoyed the energy of the performance, and the confidence. I do think Kelly is the perfect mentor for her. 

• Andy Dexterity - Imagine: Not the best voice but it was inspiring. I feel they turned around to just see what was happening. Would have been a no-chair for me. 

• Johnny Manuel - Home : Absolutely love this song, and he slayed it. I am wigless after his performance! ❤️ 

Ranking of Episode 7:

1. Johnny Manuel
  2. Claudia Harrison
  3. Lyrics McFarland
  4. Bo'Ness
  5. Emma Mylott
  6. Andy Dexterity
  • Like 1

EPISODE 8:

• Jonathon Welch - This Is The Moment: Super talented, there's no denying it. But I was missing something that I love from my opera singer - looking forward to see what he will do in the competition. 

• Ricky Muscat - Maria Maria: Nothing special or unique, in my opinion. His voice is a bit weak, and not really my style. 

• Billie Kid - Finesse: Ain't for me. 

• Callum Gleeson - Locomotion: What was this? I swear to god that Delta is trying to find herself some fodder. But what if she turned by accident? Guy asking her if she's on crack :dead: 

• Sarah Vellios - A Whole New World: Victim of using the wrong song. She could have done a song from Frozen or something... Yeah, the duet song was a wrong choice. It's like never do Beauty & The Beast as a solo. 

• Mark Furze - Blow : Super handsome, and he can clearly perform. Unfortunately, this ain't my style so I wouldn't put it on my team. 

Ranking of Episode 8:  My least favourite episode. 

1. Mark Furze
  2. Jonathon Welch
  3. Sarah Vellios
  4. Ricky Muscat
  5. Billie Kid
  6. Callum Gleeson
  • Like 1

My team, so far, would look like this:

1. Stellar Perry
  2. Timothy James Bowen
  3. Jimi The Kween
  4. Chris Sebastian
  5. Masha Mnjoyan
  6. Kirby Burgess
  7. Caleb Jago-Ward
  8. Natalie Gauci
  9. Angela Fabian
  10. Johnny Manuel
  11. Claudia Harrison
Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I've tried searching for her but I can't find any indication that she's the remaining chair turn (yet)

Does anyone have a link to the promo with all the All-Stars walking out? Just wanted to double check and make sure we have everyone accounted for....

OYUKwil.jpg

The last All-Star we haven't identified yet is a petite girl with long wavy hair. Kat Jade is the only Voice alum left on our list and while she hasn't confirmed yet, she does follow a couple of contestants and every coach except Guy, and she fits the description of the unknown All-Star pretty well. Not revealed yet, but a very likely candidate.

7 minutes ago, searomordep said:

I don't think Kat Jade (if it's really her) will turn any chair. Because they almost don't show her on the trailers and sneak peaks, it was the same with Ellen Reed last year.

And I think that Penelope Pettigrew, the one singing Alive on the trailers will turn the chairs. Aren't you considering her on the top 48?

I was expecting her, but if you go to the Artist pages on the Australia site and change the names in the link to these missing contestants, there's a page set up for them with their background info (no chairs don't get this).

Penelope and Kat haven't had one but all the other names listed + Wolf have one up, so they're confirmed as chair turners while Penelope and Kat aren't.

Such as: https://9now.nine.com.au/the-voice/steve-clisby

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I was expecting her, but if you go to the Artist pages on the Australia site and change the names in the link to these missing contestants, there's a page set up for them with their background info (no chairs don't get this).

Penelope and Kat haven't had one but all the other names listed + Wolf have one up, so they're confirmed as chair turners while Penelope and Kat aren't.

OHHHHH I didn't realize that was what you've been doing to get the list you made, duh! 

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

That's brilliant hahaha

But still, I'll be really surprised if Penelope doesn't get a chair

2 minutes ago, searomordep said:

But still, I'll be really surprised if Penelope doesn't get a chair

Towards the end the coaches get really picky - often there's some really good voices but they're looking for someone different from the rest of their team. I guess it also depends on who still has space on their team as well.

I'm waiting for the 'big cheating scandal' to play out - the last few episodes of the blinds have been quite boring over the years because they drag it out so much. I guess with some coach drama it'll make more viewers tune in??

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

OHHHHH I didn't realize that was what you've been doing to get the list you made, duh! 

Yeah, they weren't updated all at once though but they were updated usually about 24 hours before they aired (sometimes the page was blank but the page at least existed) and that would indicate that they were in the coming episodes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Yeah, they weren't updated all at once though but they were updated usually about 24 hours before they aired (sometimes the page was blank but the page at least existed) and that would indicate that they were in the coming episodes.

So there is another one. Clarissa Spata, there is a page for her, but it's blank as you said. 

3 hours ago, Ronald13 said:

I think its going to be Top 49 based on the spoiler, Guy getting 13

That'll cause drama especially if he's getting 1 more than every other coach. How does that even happen - the coach's always celebrate when their team is full. How do you randomly get to turn around and no-one notices?

To be honest, I don't think it's such a big deal - that means Guy will have to send home one more contestant compared to the others next round unless he decides to pair 2 contestants up. Ooooo that might be the big fight that Kelly and Guy have next round - it's been mentioned by both of them that a specific battle round from Team Guy causes a big spat between the 2 which is still unresolved, now that production stopped and Kelly went back overseas.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

OYUKwil.jpg

The last All-Star we haven't identified yet is a petite girl with long wavy hair. Kat Jade is the only Voice alum left on our list and while she hasn't confirmed yet, she does follow a couple of contestants and every coach except Guy, and she fits the description of the unknown All-Star pretty well. Not revealed yet, but a very likely candidate.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

My favorites so far

1- Adam Ludewig - Team Guy

2- Stellar Perry - Team Delta

3- Timothy Bowen - Team Guy

4- Jesse Teinaki - Team Delta 

5- Matt Gresham - Team Delta

6- Masha Mnjoyan - Team Kelly

7- Alex Weybury -  Team Kelly

8- Angela Fabian - Team George

9- Johnny Manuel - Team Guy

10- Mark Furze - Team Kelly 

My  absolute top 3: Alex Weybury, Johnny Manuel and Adam Ludewig. Can't pick my 1-3 ranking yet. 

lol reading all about the potential drama concerning Guy is interesting. Why does TV Aus always bend the rules? Delta's been mostly guilty of this, now Guy. I someties hope a lot of stuff is scripted into the show by TPTB and the coaches aren't being stupid.

Like getting upset over someone calling her "beautiful" was cringe. 

Edited by Theleaguan

On 6/11/2020 at 4:51 AM, Theleaguan said:

lol reading all about the potential drama concerning Guy is interesting. Why does TV Aus always bend the rules? Delta's been mostly guilty of this, now Guy. I someties hope a lot of stuff is scripted into the show by TPTB and the coaches aren't being stupid.

I agree there seems to be so much more drama in the Aus version - but I don't think that Delta's done that much at all. From what I remember, the only thing which was slightly controversial was when she chose to save Chriddy in the knockouts but when Chriddy decided to stick with Guy she saved Jesse instead. Slightly bending the rules last year when she's been there for 9 years is not much at all!

Kelly has been able to stretch the boundaries the most in my opinion - 2018 was the year that the DJ won and there was a lot of arguments about whether he could win when he's not really 'singing'. And then last season the rapper was able to perform his own songs in the knockouts when every other contestant had to do covers. 

No idea if the drama with Guy is actually true, however I'm guessing there's some controversy considering the other coaches were saying he was 'cheating' and the producer had to step in and talk to them about what was going to happen.