The Voice Australia Season 9

Teraginn

Was anyone at the taping and know what the cheating scandal with Guy is? I heard that his team was full yet he still turned his chair... and maybe the contestant ended up picking him because then producers had to be involved. Apparently he got to keep the contestant? Not too sure if this is just a rumour or true

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Was anyone at the taping and know what the cheating scandal with Guy is? I heard that his team was full yet he still turned his chair... and maybe the contestant ended up picking him because then producers had to be involved. Apparently he got to keep the contestant? Not too sure if this is just a rumour or true

i just saw it at end promotion next week

Edited by stilinskies

27 minutes ago, stilinskies said:

i just saw it at end promotion next week

Yep I saw it too - but does anyone know what actually happened? As usual, they like to blow things out of proportion and exaggerate about 'cheating', however I have heard that Guy did turn around for a contestant when his team was already full. If he accidentally did it, not knowing that his team was full (which I highly doubt seeing as they're always talking about how they've only got 1 spot left) or the contestant goes to another team, then fair enough, however if he gets to have a 13th member then I don't think that's at all fair and I would understand why the others got so annoyed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Yep I saw it too - but does anyone know what actually happened? As usual, they like to blow things out of proportion and exaggerate about 'cheating', however I have heard that Guy did turn around for a contestant when his team was already full. If he accidentally did it, not knowing that his team was full (which I highly doubt seeing as they're always talking about how they've only got 1 spot left) or the contestant goes to another team, then fair enough, however if he gets to have a 13th member then I don't think that's at all fair and I would understand why the others got so annoyed

i check it again on  latest episode they remove that part, ya i agreed with you if contestant go with other team is ok and if he go with guy that will be unfair to other team

Edited by stilinskies

5 minutes ago, stilinskies said:

i check it again on  latest episode they remove that part, ya i agreed with you if contestant go with other team is ok and if he go with guy that will be unfair to other team

Yeah I had a look on 9Now and it seems that the promos aired on TV are never the same ones which are put at the end of the episode on 9Now!

The other thing to consider is how would the battles work with an extra contestant on the team? Usually the later sections are in groups of 2 or 3, and having a 13th contestant just means you would have an odd one out. It doesn't seem to make much sense, but if they have the producers and coaches saying it's 'cheating' I'm guessing Guy probably got away with it. I guess it also wouldn't be fair on the contestant if they had already chosen Guy and then suddenly the producer takes that choice away from him.

• Like 1

Episode 8

Jonathon Welch - This is The Moment by Jekyll and Hyde, George and Delta turned - Picked Team George

Sarah Vellios - A Whole New World from Aladdin, -  No One Turned

Ricky Muscat - Maria Maria by Santana, George and Kelly turned - Picked Team George

Billie Kid - Finesse by Bruno Mars and Cardi B - No One Turned

Callum Gleeson - Locomotion by Kylie Minogue, Turned Delta - Team Delta

Koby Lee - Perfect Illusion by Lady Gaga, - No One Turned

Mark Furze - Blow by Chris Stapleton, Bruno Mars, and Ed Sheeran, Turned Everyone - Picked Team Kelly

Team Guy Sebastian - 1 more

Adam Ludewig

Josh Pywell

Stephanie Cole

Jimi the Kween

Timothy James Bowen

Luke Biscan

Bukhu Ganburged

Kirby Burgess

Natalie Gauci

Xy Latu

Johnny Manuel

Team Delta - 2 more

Stellar Perry

Janie Gordon

Jesse Teinaki

Emmagen Rain

Matt Gresham 

Matt Evans

Maddy Thomas

Elishia Semaan

Claudia Harrison

Callum Gleeson

Team Boy George - 2 more

Virginia Lillye

Despina Savva

Roxane Lebrasse

Sebastian Coe

Siala Robson

Caleb Jago Ward

Angela Fabian

Andy Dexterity

Jonathon Welch

Ricky Muscat

Team Kelly - 2 more 

Chris Sebastian

Charlie McFarlane 

Ella Monnery

Masha Mnjoyan

Soma Sutton

Alex Weybury

Emma Mylott

Bo´Ness

Lyric McFarland

Mark Furze

• Like 1

EPISODE 1:

• Adam Ludewig - Leave a Light On: He really surprised me - I was not expecting this. I went into his audition thinking that I would not care for this performance but he really blew me away; it was very good and a perfect song choice for him. And the fact that he's 16? Way better than some of the 16 years old that we see on other version.

• Despina Savva - Idon'twannabeyouanymore: Nothing too special for me - she's clearly talented but the performance & the song did nothing for me. 

• Roxane Lebrasse - Best of my Love: Very talented, and she sang! Not the biggest fan of the song choice but again, she sang! I am looking forward to seeing more from her. 

• Virginia Lillye - Barracuda: I've heard other versions of the song that was better than hers. She's clearly a performer, but not someone that I am rooting for. 

• Jon Wiza - Don't Stop Believin: Based on his voice alone, I would have turned. But the performance left me wanting more - it didn't do anything special to make it into his own. 

• Josh Pywell - Run To Paradise: Meh, not sure if this was worth a chair turn. It left me wanting way more than he gave us.  Delta was clearly living in her young days with this performance. 

• Stellar Perry - Always Remember Us This Way: Absolutely love this song, and I thought she absolutely nailed it - great vocals and great amount of emotions for the song. It was worth the 4 chair and the block. My favourite of Episode 1!

Ranking of Episode 1:

1. Stellar Perry
  2. Adam Ludewig
  3. Roxane Lebrasse
  4. Despina Savva
  5. Virginia Lillye
  6. Jon Wiza
  7. Josh Pywell

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 2

EPISODE 2:

• Janie Gordon - Songbird: It was a simplistic performance, and something that's all you need. She has an incredible voice, and she's exactly the time of artists that I generally like. I could see her doing so many songs; she just needs to get rid of the nerves and she could be a contender. 

• Stephanie Cole - The Middle: One of my biggest pet peeves on these shows is when someone audition with this type of song because it never gives them justice. She has an interesting tone to her voice, and she really chose the wrong choice. It would have been a no chair-turn for me. 

• Chris Sebastian - Jealous: Jealous is one of my favourite song, and Chris did an amazing song on it. He's super talented and I love his voice; it was very emotional watching Guy during this performance. I want to see more of him!

• Charlie McFarlane - Sign of the Times: I love the song but his version left me wanting more - he has a nice voice but sometime it's not enough. Looking forward to see what else he has to offer. 

• Jimi The Kween - Wicked Game: One of my favourite of the second episode, so far. I love their voice and their take on the song - can't wait to see what they will have in store for us. 

• Megan Vuillemain - Emotion: The nerves. I feel bad for her but this was rough to watch :( 

• Timothy James Bowen - I Can't Make You Love Me: My lord, this episode has so many talented contestants. He absolutely nailed this song, despite it being overrated. And his voice? I am in love. 

Ranking of Episode 2:

1. Timothy James Bown
  2. Jimie The Kween
  3. Chris Sebastian
  4. Janie Gordon
  5. Charlie McFarlane
  6. Stephanie Cole
  7. Megan Vuillemain
Edited by *Chris
  • Like 2

EPISODE 3:

• Jesse Teinaki - When's The Party's Over: I never cared for this song but I really liked his version - absolutely love his voice. And I loved Delta's reaction! 

• Luke Biscan - Resolution: He ain't Matt Corby, that's for sure. I wanted more - I like his vibe but the performance was just there. 

• Sebastian Coe - Sucker: It's a no from me. He needs  a few more years to be at the same level as these competitors. 

• Elle Monnery - Higher Love: I love the song, but I have the same problem as I did with Stephanie Cole. I do think she held her own more than Stephanie on The Middle. And she clearly can sing - I want more so excited to see what Kelly can do with her. 

• Olivia Kelly - Video Games: I actually enjoyed her audition, way more than Luke & Sebastian's if I am being honest. She was clearly had some nerves - I think she has a ton of potential.

• Bukhu Ganburged - Mother and Father: Not my favourite but there's no denying that he's talented, and the performance was very special & it was nice to notice some throat singing on the show. 

Ranking of Episode 3:

1. Jesse Teinaki
  2. Elle Monnery
  3. Bukhy Ganburged
  4. Olivia Kelly
  5. Luke Biscan
  6. Sebastian Coe
Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

EPISODE 4:

• Siala Robson - Other Than You: There's some talent there but it wasn't for me. Not someone that I would root for - it was neat to see an original song as they clearly know their identity. 

• Kirby Burgess - Maybe This Time: My musical theatre loving heart was living for this performance! Was it the best "Maybe This Time" I ever heard? Absolutely not. But she's super talented, and the stage presence was amazing. I need more! 

• Emmagen Rain - Somethin' Bad: Huge country fan especially Carrie Underwood fan, but this performance was not it. Her voice is incredibly weak, and clearly did not know what she was singing. We all need some fodders on our team, I guess.  

• Matt Gresham - Bruises: Simple and beautiful - love his voice, and really loved his voice. 

• Jake Meywes - Feeling Good: Did not feel this song. Michael Buble, you are not. 

• Matt Evans - Need You Tonight: In the context of this episode, he was good. As a whole, he is not someone that I would have turned my chair for.

• Masha Mnjoyan - All By Myself: She did not came to play, she came to slay! The vocals were everything - I really appreciated that she somewhat did her own take on the song. Her high notes were not as clear as my queen, but she nailed it. I love my power-vocalist and it is clear that she is going to be one of my favourite. 

Ranking of Episode 4:

1. Masha Mnjoyan
  2. Kirby Burgess
  3. Matt Gresham
  4. Matt Evans
  5. Siala Robson
  6. Jake Meywes
  7. Emmagen Rain
  • Like 1

EPISODE 5:

• Caleb Jago-Ward - Confide In Me : He snatched my wig. It will be hard for other acts to top him in this epsiode. 

• Georgia Caine - The River: First of all, I absolutely love this song by Delta. Anyway, Georgia has a nice voice but it felt that she was trying to do an impersonation of Delta if I am being honest - there was nothing unique about her voice. 

• Maddy Thomas - Nothing Breaks Like a Heart: Did not care for this audition - I could hear the nerves. I don't know what else Delta can do with her; it would have been a no-turn for me. Surprised it was a 3 chair audition.  

• Carina Grace - It's Raining Men: Iconic audition because novelty act. But yeah, it was just there. 

• Soma Sutton - Hello: She has an interesting voice - I am not sure how I feel about it, yet? I am not sure this was the right song for her.  I want her to do a more quirky song, to be honest. 

• Alex Weybury - Total Eclipse of the Heart: The only one to come near to Caleb, this episode. I love how he made it into his own, and I like his voice. 

Ranking of Episode 5:

1. Caleb Jago-Ward
  2. Alex Weyburry
  3. Soma Sutton
  4. Georgia Caine
  5. Maddy Thomas
  6. Carina Grace
  • Like 1

EPISODE 6:

• Angela Fabian - Amazing Grace: Reminded me of some acts that were on La Voix, a few time. She absolutely SANG!!!! 

• Elishia Semaan - Never Really Over: She clearly wants to be a popstar but I didn't like this audition. It was all over the place for me. 

• Dylan Marguccio - I Want You Back: This was a fun audition but unfortunately, it didn't do anything to me. But very inspiring to see him auditioning. 

• Natalie Gauci - The Greatest: I wish she would have went with Alive but so happy to see her back considering her battles. Huge fan of hers on Idol, and no doubt that I will be a huge fan of hers on hers.  

• Jessica Fraser - Don't Start Now: Nothing special but I would have turned for her over Elishia.

• Paul Stevens - In My Life : Kudos to him for auditioning but it wasn't it.

• Xy Latu - Higher Ground: He obviously can sing but not a favourite of mine. 

Ranking of Episode 6:

1. Natalie Gauci
  2. Angela Fabian
  3. Xy Latu
  4. Jessica Fraser
  5. Elishia Semaan
  6. Dylan Marguccio
  7. Paul Stevens
  • Like 1

Hey guys! I've been quiet the past week because I've been trying to read and watch stuff to educate myself on current issues and events. I think I'm ready to catch up now on what I missed!

Episode 6 commentary!

ANGELA FABIAN, Delta, George & Kelly turned, Team George

Was it a little oversung and dramatic? Maybe. But dammit if it wasn't impressive. I think she has a lot more to show though. No chair.

ELISHIA SEMAAN, Only Delta turned, Team Delta

Honestly an underrated bop, but yikes, I did not love this performance. She was in and out of the pocket like some loose change. No chair for me.

DYLAN MARGUCCIO, No chairs

A surprisingly high-energy performance. I applaud him for showing us his talent on such a big stage. No chair for me.

NATALIE GAUCI, Delta & Guy turned, Team Guy

I like the tone of her voice, but that was a weird arrangement of The Greatest. If she was gonna sing a Sia song, she could have chosen a better song that could have showcased her voice better. Hope her fellow Aussie Idol alum can help her in that regard. No chair.

JESSICA FRASER, No chairs

It was fine, but unremarkable vocal. No chair.

PAUL STEVENS, No chairs

Am I the only one who gets really sad when people of a certain age audition for the show and didn't turn chairs? I now totally understand the appeal of The Voice Senior. No chair.

XY LATU, 4 chairs, Team Guy

It was a fun and energetic performance, I did not expect that at all from such a burly guy. I hope he's not a one-trick pony though. But what the heck, chair turn for MJ!

PERSONAL TEAM STANDINGS:

1. Stellar Perry (4 chairs, Team Delta)

2. Charlie McFarlane (2 chairs, Team Kelly)

3. Timothy James Bowen (4 chairs, Team Guy)

4. Jesse Teinaki (4 chairs, Team Delta)

5. Kirby Burgess (2 chairs, Team Guy)

6. Matt Gresham (2 chairs, Team Delta)

7. Caleb Jago-Ward (3 chairs, Team George)

8. Alex Weybury (4 chairs, Team Kelly)

9. Xy Latu, (4 chairs, Team Guy)

Like the coaches, I am getting stingy with my last remaining slots. We'll see what happens with the last few episodes.

Episode 7 commentary!

CLAUDIA HARRISON, 4 chairs, Team Delta

I am honestly liking the juxtaposition between her athletic tomboyish image and her opera stylings. It's not a perfect performance, but she really had a pure tone. I am intrigued at the directions she can go. And her second song wasn't half bad either. Chair turn for MJ!

EMMA MYLOTT, Only Kelly turned, Team Kelly

What's with the extremely-low-energy beginning of this arrangement? It didn't do her performance justice. I like the second half so much more. No chair.

NICOLE FERREIRA, No chairs

<OZTalent video to be followed>

Yeah I'm over this song being sung in singing competitions. No chair.

BO'NESS, George & Kelly turned, Team Kelly

I like them singing together than when they had their solo parts. Which is the point of having a duo, so points for that. No chair.

LYRIC MCFARLAND, All-Star, George & Kelly turned, Team Kelly

I really liked Lyric on Season 2, and she sounds more confident and self-assured in her returning performance. But for some reason, this doesn't sound as...... fun as her Season 2 performances. I think she's vocally better though now. At this moment , no chair for me, but I think she can do more.

ANDY DEXTERITY, 4 chairs, Team George

Putting aside the problematic nature of his performing style, I didn't think his actual singing performance merited a 4 chair turn TBH. Very gimmicky performance. No chair.

JOHNNY MANUEL, 4 chairs, Kelly BLOCKED, Team Guy

Wig, shoes, socks, pants.....all blown off. Chair turn for MJ!

PERSONAL TEAM STANDINGS:

10. Claudia Harrison (4 chairs, Team Delta)

11. Johnny Manuel (4 chairs, Team Guy) 

Only one spot left on my team! Will I complete my roster in the next episode? Stay tuned!

Episode 8 commentary!

JONATHON WELCH, Delta & George turned, Team George

We finally have the Order of Australia medal winner's audition. I usually really go for the operatic singers, but I felt like this guy was holding back on this performance. No chair for me at this moment.

RICKY MUSCAT, Kelly & George turned, Team George

Discount C Major. Also, Kelly can take a long walk at a short pier for her taking offense at being called "beautiful" when she literally hits on almost every muscle-y male contestant that steps on the stage. No chair.

BILLIE KID, No chairs

Fellow Pinoy alert! Sadly the song he chose didn't do his voice justice. No chair.

CALLUM GLEESON, Only Delta turned, Team Delta

Did Delta accidentally turn for this guy?? LOLOLOLOLOL. Anyway, cute poodles, but no chair for me.

KOBY LEE, No chairs

Don't do a Lady Gaga song dirty like this. No chair.

SARAH VELLIOS, No chairs

Wrong song choice. A Whole New World is meant to be a duet, not a solo. Her duet with Guy  just proves my point. She has got a good voice though. No chair.

MARK FURZE, 4 chairs, Team Kelly

Ah, I was wondering where the token Aussie rocker was hiding this season. And he is apparently the Home and Away actor that the press release was talking about. He and Guy apparently go way back. I really loved this, honestly, especially since it's an out-of-left-field song choice. I think he's gonna blow us away in the coming rounds. Hah, see what I did there? Yep, I think I'm gonna go for it. Chair turn for MJ!

PERSONAL TEAM STANDINGS:

10. Claudia Harrison (4 chairs, Team Delta)

11. Johnny Manuel (4 chairs, Team Guy) 

12. Mark Furze (4 chairs, Team Kelly)

And my Voice AU S9 team is officially complete! Hopefully I won't miss out on other artists in the remaining episodes!

• Like 1

It's been announced that guest mentors will be introduced in the later rounds to help with filming in COVID restrictions. Seeing as George and Kelly cannot come to Aus to film, they'll be mentoring and watching performances from studios in London and LA, with The Veronicas acting as guest mentors for Boy George's team and Marcia Hines for Kelly. 

Definitely think that's a good idea - it's hard to coach contestants via video link. I have no idea whether the guest mentors will also be sitting for the shows (playoffs, live shows) or if they'll just be helping out in the coaching sessions

• Like 1

7 spots left.

They at least consist of these names (white text, so highlight if you wanna see...)

Elyse Sene-Lefao

Graeme Isaako

Mason Lloyde

Nathan Isaac

Sapphire Tamalemai

Steve Clisby

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

7 spots left.

They at least consist of these names (white text, so highlight if you wanna see...)

Elyse Sene-Lefao

Graeme Isaako

Mason Lloyde

Nathan Isaac

Sapphire Tamalemai

Steve Clisby

There is one All-Star still unaccounted for, and according to the list it might be 

Kat Jade

2 hours ago, Rach88 said:

It's been announced that guest mentors will be introduced in the later rounds to help with filming in COVID restrictions. Seeing as George and Kelly cannot come to Aus to film, they'll be mentoring and watching performances from studios in London and LA, with The Veronicas acting as guest mentors for Boy George's team and Marcia Hines for Kelly. 

Definitely think that's a good idea - it's hard to coach contestants via video link. I have no idea whether the guest mentors will also be sitting for the shows (playoffs, live shows) or if they'll just be helping out in the coaching sessions

Thanks. So this more or less points to TVAU having audience-less Voice studio live shows, right? 

28 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Thanks. So this more or less points to TVAU having audience-less Voice studio live shows, right? 

Oh definitely - that is a given considering the current restrictions. They've rebuilt the studio to account for no audience during filming, and I heard that they were getting viewers to send videos of them clapping and cheering so they can air that during the shows.

• Like 1

On the 9 website, they've released an article about how the rest of the show will play out.

Kelly and George will be contributing to mentoring sessions via Facetime, and then sitting on their red chairs via satellite for the shows.

The Veronicas and Marcia Hines are guest mentors for The Playoffs, and they will be bringing out more 'big names in Australian music' to help the overseas coaches for the finals.

Of course, there won't be an audience and there's a smaller cast/crew that have separated into 2 groups to abide by COVID rules

YESS at The Veronicas stepping in to help ❤️

Aside from being awesome humans they were great when they coached The Madden's team for a week on season 5, and tbh I still jam to Untouched to this day lmao

In a perfect world they would be oficial coaches on the show 🤧

• Like 1