12 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

unless all the coaches were getting an extra contestant and they were changing up the battles/playoffs, this probably just means Guy has to have a 3-way battle.

All that "breaking rule" thing already happend in other countries. And what they did was that 3-way battle with only one artist getting through. So that's the most predictable thing to happen. But I would be happy if the other coaches were allowed to have an extra contestant too. More artist to watch, everybody wins. I don't think that's gonna happen anymore haha

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Australia:     Me reading all the whining from social media:    

Songs for tonight: Siala Robson vs. Despina Savva - Teenage Fantasy (Jorja Smith) Stellar Perry vs. Matt Gresham - Slide Away (Miley Cyrus) Claudia Harrison vs. Maddy Thomas - Dreams (T

Tbh, Jesse is WAY too basic. Sorry not sorry

Posted Images

And considering last years seasons they were doing the knockouts after the blinds, they maybe will say that the knockouts are not possible with 13 contestants and then they will bring back the blinds-battles format, cause it's easier to manage with 13 artists. And that will be the "change the entire season" thing!

45 minutes ago, searomordep said:

All that "breaking rule" thing already happend in other countries. And what they did was that 3-way battle with only one artist getting through. So that's the most predictable thing to happen. But I would be happy if the other coaches were allowed to have an extra contestant too. More artist to watch, everybody wins. I don't think that's gonna happen anymore haha

That's interesting! Each coach getting 13 on their team would be great - the only issue is they probably didn't have enough singers left to perform for all 3 coaches to get an extra contestant.

41 minutes ago, searomordep said:

And considering last years seasons they were doing the knockouts after the blinds, they maybe will say that the knockouts are not possible with 13 contestants and then they will bring back the blinds-battles format, cause it's easier to manage with 13 artists. And that will be the "change the entire season" thing!

Ooo I didn't think of this! But I do think they announced the rounds would be blinds, battles and playoffs before the auditions were  even taped. Anyone able to remember if that was correct? 

46 minutes ago, searomordep said:

knockouts are not possible with 13 contestants and then they will bring back the blinds-battles format, cause it's easier to manage with 13 artists. And that will be the "change the entire season" thing!

Do you think the next round will be 2 contestants competing against each other? That sounds like it would take too long, airing 24 battles instead of 16 knockouts.

I know they used to do the battles straight after the blinds (back then they aired 8 battles an episode!!!), but considering how the format has changed with the drawn-out feedback and choosing the winner/steals (now they usually do 5-6 an episode) I think it would take too long. The knockout round used to be done in 3 episodes but if they're airing 2-way battles for 48 contestants they would need at least 4-5.

4 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Do you think the next round will be 2 contestants competing against each other? That sounds like it would take too long, airing 24 battles instead of 16 knockouts.

I believe they can do it. Back then, in season 3 for example, it was 14 artists each team, meaning  28 battles, and there was feedback and steals as well.

I have no ideia if they did it, but I don't think there's a obstacle

• Like 1
1 minute ago, searomordep said:

I believe they can do it. Back then, in season 3 for example, it was 14 artists each team, meaning  28 battles, and there was feedback and steals as well.

I have no ideia if they did it, but I don't think there's a obstacle

I'm glad to hear that! It means we'll probably hear more singing which is always a plus. 

Looking back at Season 3, I can see they're taking a couple things from that season! Season 3 featured showdowns straight after the battles, with a 'sing-off' towards the end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Voice_(Australian_season_3)#Showdown_rounds

My guess is this season the coaches will go from 12 down to 8 team members after the battle round (6 winners + 2 steals/saves) then the playoffs might be between 2 singers. The new round of 'showdowns' might mean the 4 who lost their battle get to sing again and the coaches can pick one who goes to the finals, or it could also be similar to a wildcard where it's a chance for viewers to vote one person to progress to the finals?

I like that they're changing things up a bit this season. It's a pity that the pandemic means there's no studio audience after the battles and Kelly and George won't be here in person either.

8 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Looking back at Season 3, I can see they're taking a couple things from that season!

For me, that was the best format with no doubt! They just kept it in season 2 and 3, and changed it, but I used to love it

Looks like they commenced filming for the playoffs yesterday - some contestants (Stellar Perry, Janie Gordon, Matt Evans, Adam Ludewig and Stephanie Col) were also spotted in Sydney earlier in the week so I'm guessing they all got through the battles.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8408859/The-Voice-EXCLUSIVE-Nine-houses-contestants-Sydneys-west.html

Looking at Matt Evans' instagram story it looks like he's in a hotel room doing Q&A's because he's 'bored', so I think that might mean he filmed his playoff round yesterday. Maybe they've split it so Guy and Delta's teams performed last night and then George and Kelly's teams are today?

• Like 1

Based on the accounts the IG account followed, we should be expecting Graeme Isaako, Nathan Issac, Sapphire Tamalemai, and Elyse Sene-Lefao tonight.

That would leave Steve Clisby, Clarissa Spata, Mason Lloyde, and Wolf Winters for the final episode.

• Like 1

And as always, here's my ever-punctual review of the previous episode:

1. Mark Furze (7.5/10) - I love rockers but I didn't love him, really. He's obviously good but it was a mix of bad song choice and him not reaching somewhere phenomenal with the performance. I'm tempted to put him on standby because I know he's capable, but this performance didn't warrant it for me personally.

2. Jonathon Welch (7.5/10) - Not my cup of tea, but obviously very deserving of his chair turn. I don't anticipate him going far in the competition and the song's been done better before, but he was good enough.

3. Callum Gleeson (6/10) - Mediocre, but he seems like a nice enough guy. Probably the most obvious fodder of the season thus far.

4. Ricky Muscat (6/10) - The only reason Callum's above Ricky is that at least Callum was fun/interesting. Ricky was boring and stripped this song of anything interesting. I couldn't care less about his attitude, but if you're gonna have an attitude - bring that into your performance. It was sleepy, my dude.

No new additions to my team or on standby:

MY TEAM:

1. Caleb Jago-Ward (George)

2. Stellar Perry (Delta)

3. Janie Gordon (Delta

4. Matt Evans (Delta)

5. Jesse Teinaki (Delta)

6. Xy Latu (Guy)

7. Adam Ludewig (Guy)

8. Chris Sebastian (Kelly)

9. Lyric McFarland (Kelly)

10. Soma Sutton (Kelly)

11. Matt Gresham (Delta)

12. Bo'Ness (Kelly)

ON STANDBY:

13. Johnny Manuel (Guy)

14. Alex Weybury (Kelly)

15. Roxane LeBrasse (George)

16. Masha Mnjoyan (Kelly)

17. Angela Fabian (George)

• Like 1

How drawn-out are they going to make these final blinds episodes? I think there's only 7 spots left on the coaches' teams and still 2 more nights of blinds. The big scandal will mostly likely take up a lot of the time.

38 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

How drawn-out are they going to make these final blinds episodes? I think there's only 7 spots left on the coaches' teams and still 2 more nights of blinds. The big scandal will mostly likely take up a lot of the time.

Yeah, we're only getting Sunday/Monday episodes for blinds.

The next round looks like it'll start next week.

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

The next round looks like it'll start next week.

I guess I understand why they've cut to 2 episode a week. It looks like the playoffs (the round after the battles) were filmed yesterday and today. Had they done 3 nights a week, the battles would already be airing this week and that's not enough time to edit the playoffs to give a teaser of what's happening next. Looks like everything will be quite rushed - I highly doubt they'll be doing any live shows for the finals - the grand finale is probably the only live show this season.

Also looks like The Veronicas (who are guest mentors for Boy George's team) are performing in The Playoffs as there were some dancers at The Voice studios doing a 'guest performance' today. 

Episode 9

Graeme Issako - Bad by Michael Jackson, Delta and George turn - Team Delta

Stephen Leon - If I Can´t Have You by Shawn Mendes, - NO TURNS

Izack Hunt - Break Up With Your Girlfriend by Ariana Grande - NO TURNS

Tyson Pedro - Waves by Dean Lewis  - NO TURNS

Elyse Seno- Lefao - Big White Room by Jessie J, Guy, Kelly, Boy George turned but Kelly and Boy George were blocked - Team Guy

The Lion´s Den - The Lion Sleeps Tonight  by the Miracles - NO TURNS

Nathan Issac - You Spin Me Round  by Dead or Alive, Boy George, Delta turned - Team Boy George

Ula Venckus - Youngblood by 5 seconds of summer - NO TURNS

Clarissa Spata - Nessun Dorma, Delta blocked and Boy George turned - Team Boy George

Team Guy Sebastian 

Adam Ludewig

Josh Pywell

Stephanie Cole

Jimi the Kween

Timothy James Bowen

Luke Biscan

Bukhu Ganburged

Kirby Burgess

Natalie Gauci

Xy Latu

Johnny Manuel

Elyse Seno-Lefao

Team Delta - 1 more

Stellar Perry

Janie Gordon

Jesse Teinaki

Emmagen Rain

Matt Gresham 

Matt Evans

Maddy Thomas

Elishia Semaan

Claudia Harrison

Callum Gleeson

Graemo Issako

Team Boy George 

Virginia Lillye

Despina Savva

Roxane Lebrasse

Sebastian Coe

Siala Robson

Caleb Jago Ward

Angela Fabian

Andy Dexterity

Jonathon Welch

Ricky Muscat

Nathan Issac

Clarissa Spata

Team Kelly - 2 more 

Chris Sebastian

Charlie McFarlane 

Ella Monnery

Masha Mnjoyan

Soma Sutton

Alex Weybury

Emma Mylott

Bo´Ness

Lyric McFarland

Mark Furze

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Rach88 said:

Looks like TV Tonight also thinks they're deliberately showing the cheating scandal as promo for tonight when it's actually happening on Monday

Yeah, they fooled me 🙄

And they confirmed that the other all star is Kat Jade, I'm really shocked they won't turn for her, I can not believe that

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, searomordep said:

Yeah, they fooled me 🙄

And they confirmed that the other all star is Kat Jade, I'm really shocked they won't turn for her, I can not believe that

I also thought they would show the start of the scandal tonight - there's a lot of angry viewers venting on Twitter about it. 

Wait... how do we know Kat doesn't get through?

Also does anyone know who the poor contestant is that Guy turns for tomorrow? From the promos it looks like a guy. 

Update: never mind I got it! It's Wolf Winters

Edited by Rach88

Very strong night in my opinion! Should've mixed around tonight's contestants with the previous episode's contestant a little bit for more even episodes.

1. Clarissa Spata (9.5/10) - Damn. In my non-professional opinion, that was one of the best versions of Nessun Dorma I've heard. She easily became one of my favorites this season.

2. Elyse Sene-Lefao (8.5/10) - Great version of the song! There's obviously a LOT of competition for the "best version" of the song, but she did really solid.

3. Graeme Isaako (8.5/10) - His energy was on point and he did a very solid job! Vocally it could've been a tad bit stronger - for MJ you need to make sure you can keep up - but that can be forgiven for everything he put into his performance.

4. Nathan Isaac (8/10) - Love the song and I thought he was very enjoyable! The vocal itself wasn't as spectacular as other contenders, but he's definitely memorable and I would love to see him do even better in future rounds.

As I review this list, I realize I'm gonna need to do a lot of reshuffling after tomorrow's blinds/before the next round.

MY TEAM:

1. Caleb Jago-Ward (George)

2. Stellar Perry (Delta)

3. Clarissa Spata (George)

4. Janie Gordon (Delta)

5. Matt Evans (Delta)

6. Jesse Teinaki (Delta)

7. Xy Latu (Guy)

8. Adam Ludewig (Guy)

9. Chris Sebastian (Kelly)

10. Lyric McFarland (Kelly)

11. Elyse Sene-Lefao (Guy)

12. Graeme Isaako (Delta)

ON STANDBY:

13. Soma Sutton (Kelly)

14. Matt Gresham (Delta)

15. Bo'Ness (Kelly)

16. Johnny Manuel (Guy)

17. Alex Weybury (Kelly)

18. Roxane LeBrasse (George)

19. Masha Mnjoyan (Kelly)

20. Angela Fabian (George)

21. Nathan Isaac (George)

• Like 1

1. Elyse Sene (A-): Damn this was goooood. Plus the way she broke down, but was so excited. Easily a favorite

2. Clarissa Spata (B+): Really good too! I'm personally not an opera fan so sometimes it can seem a bit long, but she is sooo good

3. Graeme Isaako (B): Rock solid, I thought he sounded a little too much like MJ, so it came across as more of an impersonation then genuine, but I'm excited for him

4. Nathan Issac (C+): Not bad by any means, it's just not a huge vocal showcase song so it was fine but not great

My team

1. Stellar Perry

2. Johnny Manuel 

3. Elyse Sene

4. Caleb Jago-Ward

5. Janie Gordon

6. Xy Latu

7. Despina Savva

8. Jesse Teinaki

9. Masha Mnjoyan

10. Roxanne Lebrasse

11. Jonathon Welch

Standby For Last Spot

- Jimi the Kween

- Luke Biscan

- Angela Fabian

- Clarissa Spata

What do you guys think of the teams so far? My team breakdown

Kelly- Fourth

Weakest by miles, there's very few standouts. Alex is a double block, but simple, Masha is great vocally, not very personalble and is getting lots of flack for already winning in Armenia, Chris has a standout because of his story as Guy's brother, but I thought he was meh, and Mark just didn't do it for me

Ranking: Masha/Alex > Mark > Chris >  Bo'Ness/Lyric > Ella/Emma >>>>>> Suma

George- Second

His team is pretty good actually. He has a number of unique and interesting contestants, but none of them scream winner at me. I fear Caleb will have his personality (that I actually like) bite him in the rear, Angela is a little on the older side, but pretty good, Roxanne is good, plus inspiring story always helps

Ranking: Caleb > Clarissa > Anglea/Roxanne > Despina > Siala/Jonathon/Nathan >> Virginia/Sebastian/Ricky >> Andy D.

Delta- Third

Her team is strange to me. Really good beginning, but then the second half is all fodder. Stellar, Janie, and Jesse are all contenders with Matt G is a dark horse, so she's not out but so much her team has been seen a million different times

Ranking: Stellar >> Janie/Jesse > Matt G/Claudia > Matt E/Graeme > Maddy/Emmagen/Elisha/Callum

Guy- First

Is this a surprise? He just keeps getting the best contestants like Johnny, Adam, Xy, Elyse or even the standout stories even if they're weaker singers like Buhku/Natalie. Even the 'fodder' on Team Guy is stronger than most of the fodder on the others teams

Ranking: Xy/Adam/Johnny/Elyse > Timothy > Luke/Stephanie/Jimi > Bukhu > Josh/Kirby/Natalie

Edited by thevoiceswimmer

My team so far, the bolded ones are my ultimate favorites.

1. Janie Gordon
2. Timothy Bowen
3. Jesse Teinaki
4. Matt Gresham
5. Caleb Jago Ward
6. Angela Fabian
7. Claudia Harrison
8. Johnny Manuel
9. Mark Furze
10. Clarissa Spata

1 hour ago, thevoiceswimmer said:

Guy- First

Is this a surprise? He just keeps getting the best contestants like Johnny, Adam, Xy, Elyse or even the standout stories even if they're weaker singers like Buhku/Natalie. Even the 'fodder' on Team Guy is stronger than most of the fodder on the others teams

Ranking: Xy/Adam/Johnny/Elyse > Timothy > Luke/Stephanie/Jimi > Bukhu > Josh/Kirby/Natalie

I think the issue is ranking teams after the blinds don't really mean anything because coaches have to cut their team down to 4 before it's public voting.

The match-ups for knockouts and battles can be very cruel - producers sometimes match up the best contestants on a team so you can only pick 1 to go through. 

I can see Adam as the next Judah Kelly and Johnny will make it far in the comp, but Xy and Elyse will probably be knocked out before the finals. Timothy was also beautiful, but there's so many similar voices to his like Matt Gresham on Delta's team. 

~Theory time lol

So every season Delta follows some of her artists on instagram, and they're usually her finalists and a couple of others, ig: last season the ones she followed were her final four, the koi boys (who she invited to tour with her) and the girls she played piano for in the knockouts.

rn she follows Jessie, Stellar, Janie, Matt Evans, Claudia and Elishia. Janie and Stellar she followed right after their blinds aired, then followed Claudia, Matt and Elishia after Claudia's audition. She was already following Jessie before the season begun, so it must've been during the tapings, since she didn't follow him last season.

ofc this doesn't mean anything concrete, but if I had to make an educated guess I would say these are probably (if not all, some of) her battle winners

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rach88 said:

I think the issue is ranking teams after the blinds don't really mean anything because coaches have to cut their team down to 4 before it's public voting.

The match-ups for knockouts and battles can be very cruel - producers sometimes match up the best contestants on a team so you can only pick 1 to go through. 

I can see Adam as the next Judah Kelly and Johnny will make it far in the comp, but Xy and Elyse will probably be knocked out before the finals. Timothy was also beautiful, but there's so many similar voices to his like Matt Gresham on Delta's team. 

This tbh. Last season Guy also had the strongest team post-binds, then made a bunch of terrible choices and ended up with an average ass team for the finals

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, dioko said:

So every season Delta follows some of her artists on instagram, and they're usually her finalists and a couple of others, ig: last season the ones she followed were her final four, the koi boys (who she invited to tour with her) and the girls she played piano for in the knockouts.

rn she follows Jessie, Stellar, Janie, Matt Evans, Claudia and Elishia. Janie and Stellar she followed right after their blinds aired, then followed Claudia, Matt and Elishia after Claudia's audition. She was already following Jessie before the season begun, so it must've been during the tapings, since she didn't follow him last season.

ofc this doesn't mean anything concrete, but if I had to make an educated guess I would say these are probably (if not all, some of) her battle winners

I think you're pretty much on the money! Stellar, Janie and Matt Evans are definitely through to the playoffs as there's a photo of them hanging out in Sydney last week. Playoffs were taped on the weekend so they're all staying together in a hotel. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8408859/The-Voice-EXCLUSIVE-Nine-houses-contestants-Sydneys-west.html#comments

Delta's following Jesse, Stellar, Janie, Elishia, Claudia, Matt and Graeme from her own team, but also follows Clarissa from Team George (opera singer last night that George blocked Delta), Georgia Caine (who didn't get through but sang a song with Delta) and just today followed Bo'Ness (Team Kelly) which I found to be very strange!!!  A potential steal from Kelly in the battles? Also important to note that she follows Steve Clisby whose audition airs today and I think will be the last addition to her team.

Surprised she doesn't follow Matt Gresham - I would think he makes it far in the show.