The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 minutes ago, echoap said:

Payton loves Jesus and she has cute kids. Potential frontrunner? Jk :haha:

So I was checking this list and... 

Uh oh... Just noticed that Hailey Green is a potential chair turner, and even some comments on IG confirm that she's been still in LA post blinds :dead: 

If she's with Kelly and managed to sound mildly decent, we're going to see that girl for a while. She's got Brynn's potential, that's all I'm gonna say for now 😂

It really depends what direction she went in the blinds - Kelly seems like the best fit based on the mix of covers I'm seeing on her YouTube channel, so if that's where she ended up then at least she's in good hands (and given Kelly's questionable choice-making habits she might make it past the battles). She does have potential, though.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, echoap said:

Uh oh... Just noticed that Hailey Green is a potential chair turner, and even some comments on IG confirm that she's been still in LA post blinds :dead: 

If she's with Kelly and managed to sound mildly decent, we're going to see that girl for a while. She's got Brynn's potential, that's all I'm gonna say for now 😂

There's evidence for Casme, Hailey, Olivia, and Payton still being in LA. Besides what I mentioned about Payton though, still haven't heard about Hailey or Olivia from the source.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, echoap said:

Skyler might be Kelly’s  teen TCO too, but she’ll have to improve a lot over what I hear in her limited clips. Neither of them are close to being where they need to be to compete, based on what I’ve heard so far. 

Most viewed single youtube video by a contestant of S19. 1.3Million. Pretty sure I saw this before. Liam St John: "Beautiful Voice...Crack"

Casme has 5 videos on YT that have 100k+ 

Payton Lamar has a cover of Never Enough by Loren Allred that has 200k.

Anyways that is Youtube views.

Top 3 YT views: Liam St John

Casme

Payton Lamar

3 minutes ago, David68 said:

Most viewed single youtube video by a contestant of S19. 1.3Million. Pretty sure I saw this before. Liam St John: "Beautiful Voice...Crack"

Casme

Payton Lamar

YouTube views don't mean as much as we'd like to pretend - Christina had a huge YT following and ended up third, iirc Drew Cole had a semi-viral clip of singing to his dog and got cut in the playoffs...

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

YouTube views don't mean as much as we'd like to pretend - Christina had a huge YT following and ended up third, iirc Drew Cole had a semi-viral clip of singing to his dog and got cut in the playoffs...

Yeah, I know it is insignificant. 

• Like 2

Also, Skylar has been in a handful of movies, commercials, etc., so if she can sing a little bit, Kelly and TPTB will push her, IMO. This also says she was on AGT and got a golden ticket. 

https://resumes.breakdownexpress.com/one_page_resume.cfm?custom_link=1339381-4167121-9869

Edited by TeamAudra

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Also, Skylar has been in a handful of movies, commercials, etc., so if she can sing a little bit, Kelly and TPTB will push her, IMO. This also says she was on AGT and got a golden ticket. 

https://resumes.breakdownexpress.com/one_page_resume.cfm?custom_link=1339381-4167121-9869

I can't find her specifically, but she may have been part of the Detroit Youth Choir as she appears to be from Grand Rapids and that's the only Michigan-based singing act I can find in the last few years that got a golden buzzer on AGT.

29 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I can't find her specifically, but she may have been part of the Detroit Youth Choir as she appears to be from Grand Rapids and that's the only Michigan-based singing act I can find in the last few years that got a golden buzzer on AGT.

I couldn’t find it either, so maybe that’s it. Anyway, she has a lot of acting and singing experience, so we probably shouldn’t underestimate her. 

Edited by TeamAudra

42 minutes ago, David68 said:

Casme

Payton Lamar

Yup Liam has the largest following out of everyone. He’s famous on YouTube Instagram and Tik Tok.

46 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Let's not forget Queen Cecily Hennigan who was somehow a 1 chair turn and got dropped in battles for... Selkii 🤢

23 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Yup Liam has the largest following out of everyone. He’s famous on YouTube Instagram and Tik Tok.

He has 8.67K YT followers and 32K on IG. That’s hardly qualifies as famous. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Umm. by famous I meant he has a large following before the show compared to the other contestants.

Abby Cates of S15 had a decent IG platform (forget how big exactly but I'm pretty sure it was in the neighborhood of 50k-100k followers) and still didn't make it past the playoffs. Granted, of the teams Team Kelly was the second-most stacked after JHud's, but still. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Abby Cates of S15 had a decent IG platform (forget how big exactly but I'm pretty sure it was in the neighborhood of 50k-100k followers) and still didn't make it past the playoffs. Granted, of the teams Team Kelly was the second-most stacked after JHud's, but still. 

Oh yesss I remeber abby cates having a huge following before the show 

9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

She had something like 160-180K. She has 193K right now. 

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Skyler might be Kelly’s  teen TCO too, but she’ll have to improve a lot over what I hear in her limited clips. Neither of them are close to being where they need to be to compete, based on what I’ve heard so far. 

Based on her live covers, Hailey definitely needs at least a couple more years of experience. I'd be shocked if she turned a chair. Nevertheless, she's got a ton of confidence and that's half of the job if someone wants to stand out. She is very similar to Kelly in too many ways so, If I were a producer, I would definitely push for that storyline, then again, Hailey needs to sound mildly decent to make that happen :haha:

Just watched some clips and Skylar is decent, although a bit average. If she's lucky and TPTB approved her, she might survive one or two live shows. Imo. 

Honestly, I'm a bit lost this season. Other than Taryn and the usual bearded guys, I'm not seeing dangerous people at the moment. 

6 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

it only matters if the YT views represent actual Voice viewers. Grimmie had a huge overseas following, which was useless. I have no idea who watched Drew’s video.

8 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

it only matters if the YT views represent actual Voice viewers. Grimmie had a huge overseas following, which was useless. I have no idea who watched Drew’s video.

True - it reminds me of how when RADHA and Jej both had their blind auditions, those blew up since they got a ton of support from the Philippines, but it didn't translate to support at the top 24 of their respective seasons since overseas fans can't vote. 

5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Abby Cates had a horrendous playoffs performance (and this is coming from someone who's a big fan of her BA and KO). This was likely the biggest contributor. Most people on SM probably don't vote if they don't already watch the show.

22 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

True - it reminds me of how when RADHA and Jej both had their blind auditions, those blew up since they got a ton of support from the Philippines, but it didn't translate to support at the top 24 of their respective seasons since overseas fans can't vote. 

RADHA and Jej (especially Jej) had great BAs. I think more important to their failure to do well in the show was for Radha: she simply could not show emotion, and became a powerhouse/ballad singer who just had power power power, and no emotion. For Jej, I think he just got horrible song choices (if he got something like Passionfruit every round, he could have been in the Semifinals/Finale, although I could be entirely off).