RuPaul's Drag Race - All Stars 5

Elliott

Just now, *Lily said:

Meh, I personally think she's very underrated. Good in confessionals, instigated some drama, had great runway looks and overall did pretty good with challenges. She didn't stand a chance next to Brooke or Yvie but a strong finalist IMO.

it was one of the most recent seasons ive seen and honestly, outside of some good runway, shes completely forgettable, and that's unfortunate.  

Tbh I think in a cast of 15 queens.. which included a lot of notable, loud personalities, it was hard for a lot of them to stand out. We hardly got to know some of the first queens out, and then you had people like Shuga and Plastique who were pretty underedited. I appreciated her presence in a season where there were a few girls who.. did a little too much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

Tbh I think in a cast of 15 queens.. which included a lot of notable, loud personalities, it was hard for a lot of them to stand out. We hardly got to know some of the first queens out, and then you had people like Shuga and Plastique who were pretty underedited. I appreciated her presence in a season where there were a few girls who.. did a little too much.

All of this. And it didn't help that Silky was trying to get as much airtime as possible.

I think 12 or 13 is the sweet spot, preferably with a split premiere (like S6/S12). I remember more about the early boots in those two seasons than I do over some of the people who made the finales in other seasons. :haha:

But 15 was way too f*cking many. I remember realizing at one point that we were two months into the season, and still had 8 or 9 queens left. It was hard to focus after that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

All of this. And it didn't help that Silky was trying to get as much airtime as possible.

I think 12 or 13 is the sweet spot, preferably with a split premiere (like S6/S12). I remember more about the early boots in those two seasons than I do over some of the people who made the finales in other seasons. :haha:

But 15 was way too f*cking many. I remember realizing at one point that we were two months into the season, and still had 8 or 9 queens left. It was hard to focus after that.

Agreed. I feel like at least with everyone from the past season we know a fair amount about them... whereas with S11, I literally can barely remember who Honey Davenport is or anything that she did, for example. :haha:

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Agreed. I feel like at least with everyone from the past season we know a fair amount about them... whereas with S11, I literally can barely remember who Honey Davenport is or anything that she did, for example. :haha:

same, except with A'Keria! 

and random tidbits, like Alyssa being Plastiques drag mother.

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

wtf twilight zone have I entered where Juju wins a challenge and loses a lip sync

The same one where Monét finally sends someone home in an All Stars season. :giggle: 

• Haha 1

Not a great episode this week.

1. Jujubee - I think this is her first of several challenge wins and her group should've won
  2. Shea Coulee - Her runway look got unfairly mauled by Ross and she was good in the main challenge too. I like her positive confessionals as well 
  3. Blair St. Clair - Her performance was meh, her reveal was decent. 
  4. India Farrah - I still enjoy her even though she got overshadowed in the challenge and she's probably gone next week or the week after
  5. Alexis Mateo - Loved the Cracker call out and her challenge performance but I can see her annoying me eventually
  6. Miz Cracker - Eh, I didn't love her runway and her villain edit will get tiresome quickly if it goes on for the whole season, getting a bit try-hard
  7. Mariah - Can't remember her from the challenge but I loved her runway look, so at least he went out with that
  8. Mayhem Miller - Challenge perfromance and runway both pretty unmemorable this week 

1. Jujubee - Her monologue about her cats when picking her lipstick sent me, my favorite moment of the episode lmfao. Finally Jujubee is a challenge winner :wub: 

2. Miz Cracker - Meh, I think the drama with her is kind of contrived in a lot of ways and I don't see her as some evil villain. Even Shea came to her defense lmfao and it's not like her beef with Alexis was even that nasty. Loved her runway look, she kinda flopped in the challenge but I wasn't really that impressed with anyone tbh.

3. Shea Coulee - Lmao the judges were such idiots this week, since when is "crafty" a bad thing? Shea looked amazing.

4. Alexis Mateo - I do love the Nerve she brings this season, and the moment where her hairspray cap flew off is the only part of any of the three challenges I laughed at. Queen!

5. Mariah Paris Balenciaga - Totally robbed. Gorgeous on the runway and should have stayed over India. Love her shade towards Michelle.

6. Blair St. Clair - Love her overall, was kind of forgettable this week

7. Mayhem Miller - Just there

8. India Farrah - I liked her runway look although it seemed the least "3 in 1" out of all of them. She did great the first week but faded in the background super quickly, I think objectively she should have gone this week.

Monet was great and looked fierce ❤️ Wish Jujubee knew all the words because that had potential to be a great lipsync but was just okay. Hope next week is a better episode as the last two have been middling, after a fantastic first episode.

1. Jujubee - She remains hilarious. She ate the challenge, ate the runway and now has the best track record. 
2. Shea - I thought she had funny moments even if safe was probably the right spot for her, but her runway was stunning as usual.

3. Blair - Her runway was a MESS. I truly hated it but I thought she was way funnier in the challenge than the judges gave her credit for.

4. Cracker - Not a fan of her runway and her challenge had really high highs but fell flat other times. Her lipsync look was far better than her runway, but I would have given Morgan the win.

5. Mayhem - I thought she was funnier than India and I like her runway minus the wig, but she did give up and vote herself which seems to be the kiss of death this season.

6. Alexis - She was funny this week but I see what the judges said about her cutting Shea off. It stifled some moments that could have been funnier. Her runway didn’t really do it for me. It felt out of place rather than unique.

7. India - She should have been sent home this week. Surprised it was unanimous for Mayhem, but I guess her one win played in her favour. I don’t dislike her but I’m over her.

Hmm this has just been.... a strange 2 episodes IMO. I mean, I don't think anyone has necessarily bombed the challenges. But nobody's done that well either? I think the challenges are poor and the majority of performances have just been forgettable. Juju and Cracker were both fine and deserving winners but IMO it helped that they were kinda good, in a group of ok's.

I also hate these challenges where the queens are automatically assigned roles and groups. I guess in this case because it was an improv it gave them more room to adapt, in comparison to say, the early All-Stars rusicals where each queen was given a role and the lines already. But we'd probably have something a little more entertaining if they just gave the queens room to come up with the concepts and characters themselves.

Morgan ate the lip-sync. Maybe not the most predictable LSA on paper, but her performances in Season 2 were super slick and I'm glad she got a chance to show it here. And it absolutely was not a tie lmao, she deserved that win solely.

1. Jujubee - She moves to the top for me now because I think not only is she great at confessionals and is hilarious, but she's consistently performed best in the challenges. She's had two weeks in a row where she's given an alright performance and it probably helps that a lot of the rest have been boring. But I'm entertained by her every week. Excited to see what she does for Snatch Game.

2. Shea - I think her performance in the challenge kinda got forgotten as the episode went on. Really liked her look though, and also her give no f's attitude when pulling Mayhem's lipstick.

3. Blair - Performance was ok this week and made sense with the assignment but a little one-note. Really liked the look.

4. Alexis - There's something about the Mateos which I think is just naturally funny/entertaining even if it's kinda a mess? Her challenge performance was a mess but I guess that was the assignment too and I actually really enjoyed it.

5. Cracker - I'm bored now, whoops. I mean, she did fairly well in the challenge. But there's just something about her style of comedy which I don't find...funny? I felt like we've seen this character from Cracker a few times before. And I don't think she tied the lip-sync.

6. India - Her Roxxxy AS2 trajectory :wub: She should have gone this week realistically I think but was helped by Mayhem basically giving up. I feel like with the Blair-Cracker, Shea-Alexis drama we've seen, she's one of the ones who is now least in the drama so lol it would actually be kinda iconic if the pettiness got her to the end. But I think realistically it should be her time next.

7. Mayhem - Ugh I'm just frustrated at Mayhem honestly. I feel like there's always been potential there and then she just gets defeated and loses her momentum. I really wanted her to have a moment this season where she excelled but unfortunately it didn't happen.

Edited by *Lily

Shea and Jujubee are literally carrying this season on their backs.

I’m kind of bored otherwise. The edit is weird and last night’s assigned roles made the rigga morris super obvious.