idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Elliott

RuPaul's Drag Race - All Stars 5

“I didn’t vote for her to send her home.”

???????

tumblr_p5m5exI6Oc1ql5yr7o1_400.gifv

This week

01. Alexis - One if the best snatch game characters in the history of the show. I’m loving her this season. Her runway also reminded me of Vanjie’s makeover challenge with Ariel. :wub:

02. Jujubee - Great snatch game and probably my favourite runway of the week. It was the only one with a real concept and story.

03. Shea - I don’t think I enjoyed her snatch game as much as everyone else did but it was decent. I didn’t like the runway though. It was messy. In fact, I haven’t liked any of her runways so far. I feel as if she’s the only who hasn’t improved since her season and has gone backwards. 

04. Miz Cracker - She looked beautiful in the snatch game but it was very one note. Her prom look was thought out but looked half finished. 

05. India - She looked the part in snatch game and I enjoyed her runway more than some of the others. 
06. Blair - Great runway. Probably my third favourite of the week after Alexis and Jujubee but her Ellen was horrific.

Overall

01. Alexis

02. Jujubee

03. Miz Cracker

04. Blair

05. Shea

Thoughts of the week:

1. Shea: Killed the runway, and slayed the snatch game. 
  2. Alexis: She brought the drama, and was hilarious in the snatch game.
  3. Jujubee: Loved her in snatchgame, still give good confessionals, but didn't care for her look.
  4. Miz Cracker: Looked Gaga-like but didn't go anywhere. But enjoyed the runway.
  5. Blair: Loved the runway, and she did what she could with Ellen, I guess?
  6. India: Did not care for her runway as it felt deja-vu from India. Gave us some drama in Untucked, but her snatch game? FLOP.

Overall:

1. Jujubee
  2. Shea
  3. Miz Cracker
  4. Alexis
  5. Blair
  6. India

Posted (edited)

1. Shea Couleé- The two best episodes of AS5 being the ones Shea has won? We love to see it.

2. Jujubee - Queen of potentially having four wins in the old format and being screwed by a new twist.

-gap-

3/4. Blair St. Clair - Slaying on the runway.

3/4. Miz Cracker - I haven’t really enjoyed her as much this season.

-gap-

-gap-

-gap-

-gap-

5. Alexis Mateo - She’s being a hypocritical, entitled brat this season. Please get the f*ck out already and stop ruining the show.

Edited by Elliott

1. Jujubee - Hilarious in the snatch game, hilarious confessionals and perfect runway. She remains the best this season and the twist putting her on the bottom was truly unfair.

2. Shea - Her snatch game was also hilarious and I loved her runway look and the story behind it. She also nailed the lipsync and was the bigger person with her cut. All around, a fantastic episode for her.

3. Blair - Kind of here by default. She had a good runway look and her snatch game wasn’t great but also wasn’t as bad as Cracker or India’s.

4. Cracker - I liked Cracker so much during S10 and this season I just can’t get behind her. She has yet to really impress me in a challenge or on the runway.
5. Alexis - Her snatch game did give me some chuckles but also felt very much like she was just playing herself. Her runway dress was good but her hair still felt off. Mostly I just find her annoying.

3 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I mean, I definitely think India was seizing the opportunity to try and save herself but Alexis also said herself that she sees Shea as a threat and would be foolish not to take the opportunity to try and vote her out. There’s shade on both of them, I think.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Team Alexis with the drama. I mean, I enjoyed India doing what she could to try and stay another week. I just don’t completely buy the story. Do I think there was probably some truth to it? Sure, but I think it was exaggerated. For one, I think Alexis seemed genuinely pretty upset and hurt about it, and tbh if it was true and she was called out on it I think she would have owned it or at least acted differently!

Overall rankings:

1. Jujubee

2. Shea

3. Blair

4. Alexis

5. Cracker

Jujubee and Shea are CONSTANTLY interchanging for me. I love them both so much. As for right now Juju’s my #1 just because of how consistently brilliant she has been. And the confessionals about her cats are iconic.

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 3

This was a good episode, but the first round of snatch game was horrible!  

Ranking of the Episode:

1.  Shea Coulee - slayed Snatch game.  I got the Carrie look in her runway.  Total redemption from her last 2 weeks of bad runway outfits.

2.  Jujubee - best Earth Kitt, second best snatch game, and still the best confessionals around.  Most fun final runway.  Good lip sync look (not as good as Crackers last week though)

3.  Alexis Mateo - yikes, you know snatch game is bad when his Walter is the third best thing there.  Two weeks in a row Alexis has been above last place for me?  Its a mystery to me too.  Too many of the same regurgitated lines though. 

4.  Blair St. Clair - best of the worst of the snatch game.  I liked the outfit.

5.  Miz Cracker - was that lady Gaga?  Retire that character.  My least favorite runway from her this season too.  Funny with the acne bit though

6.  India Ferrah - Shitty performance.  We've seen that top and pattern on her from the past.  

Overall ranking:

1.  Jujubee - most consistent.  I now see why people were annoyed with this, if you're not in the top then you are in the bottom business, as it now effectively eliminates how well she did this episode.

2.  Shea Coulee - fire, 2 wins now.

3.  Miz Cracker - She had an off week, but still one of the most consistent.

4.  Blair St. Clair - Here by default

5.  Alexis Mateo - yea

I think the writing is on the wall for Blair next week, I just can't see the Top 4 not being Juju/Shea/Cracker/Alexis.  Is there no comeback this season?  Next episode would be the time for that to happen.  

Other thoughts:

1. Yes Jujubee, Alexis is the villain. 

2.  Also Vanjie.....vanjie

3.  Shae has had two strong lip sync performances, but they are my two least favorites of the season, it seems like the lip sync assassins were told to hold back.

You're a liar, and this is why Derrick don't like you

• Haha 1

Legit one of the best episodes of drag race they've had in a while. 

I love Alexis and she delivers iconic moments every time she opens her mouth. Hate on it. My bet is that India is exaggerating an interaction she had with the girls, and that it's not really the whole truth of what happened. Bless Blair for being like "if there was a conspiracy why did Mariah vote India." That sunk India's entire strategy, IMO. None of the queens seemed to buy it at all.

I want Jujubee and Shea to both win and then both come back in an all winner season so I can watch them again and again. 

The interesting thing about Cracker this season is that there's really no improvement from Season 10. It's just Season 10 Cracker again. She was very good then, and is very good now, but there's all the same issues. The All Stars redemption/glow-up is just not going to happen for her, it seems. I wasn't mad at her win last week and "Charisma Uniqueness Nerve and Photoshop" is effing hilarious. But she had hilarious moments in Season 10 too.

• Like 3

Post-Snatch game:

1. Jujubee - I enjoyed her snatch game performance more than Shea's in that I laughed at literally everything that came out of her mouth. Still the confessional queen and I lived for her runway look. Literally everything she does on camera is entertaintment to the max. I adore Juju!

2. Alexis - a very close second for me overall at this point - not only is Alexis bringing the drama, but she is performing consistently at the top of the pack week after week. I was not expecting her to keep up with the big dogs (Shea, Juju, Cracker) this season but damn I'm living for Alexis. "This is why Derrick don't like you" :dead: 

3. Shea - Nailed the Snatch Game performance, but as I said personally I enjoyed Juju more. I will say I am enjoying Shea more on AS5 than I did on S9, but unfortunately I still find her a bit overrated. I just don't laugh at her jokes as much as I'd like. I find her to be too calculated. Those are the negatives for me, everything else regarding Shea is perfection.

4. Blair - I laughed at her Ellen actually, a couple of her jokes were terrible but I think she held her own well. And I lovvvvved her runway, look queen of the season for me.

5. Cracker - :( Falling behind for me, I hated her runway look tbh and her Snatch Game was just there. Not an all time worst performance, but uber forgettable.

6. India - Bring the drama mama! I think more highly of India now than before AS5 started, so there's that? Super grateful she did what she did this episode, this season just shot up the rankings for me tbh. Hopefully it finishes strong!

I'm not sure who's the liar between Alexis or India, perhaps something did happen that resembled what India claimed, but was exaggerated to basically be a plot against Shea. Perhaps Alexis and Mayhem just asked India if she voted for Shea, rather than truly campaigned for it. If one of them is just outright lying, then they are a great actress because I do not know who to believe.

Anyways, Shea completely slayed the week, I am not a fan of Flava Flave or know who he is, but she was funny playing him. And her runway was clearly top along with Blair's. I am quite disappointed by these "lipsync assassin" performances though. I do feel, along with the rest of you, that it seems like they have told certain assassins to pull it back, especially Alyssa Edwards because she was unusually boring during hers. Vanjie was okay but also not very exciting and Monet's was not great either. I think Yvie was really the only one that I felt went all out and slayed.

Anyways, my overall rankings:

1) Juju - great snatch, runway was ok, she needs to bring it up a level to compete with Shea though, although def the most consistent.

2) Shea - she's the frontrunner to watch out for right now with her two deserved wins.

3) Blair - great runways, but snatch was a mixed bag, not as well rounded as the clear top 2 right now.

4) Cracker - i was surprisingly unimpressed with her snatch game, like what happened to her? She did so great with improv last week so I would have expected better, def took a large hit this week in terms of candidacy for the crown.

5) Alexis - is she the true villain??? I'm shook because I'm def suspicious. But her snatch game was great, clearly top with Juju and Shea.

6) India - clear choice to leave, but her mastermind came up with a good shot for her to stay over Alexis. Honestly, whether it was a lie or not, it was perfect timing for her to pull that out of her azz. Although if she was truly lying, that's a real crappy thing to do to a "friend" because her and Alexis looked to have a great relationship.

Honestly, I think it's pretty clear that Juju, Shea, and Cracker are all close friends and also happen to be the frontrunners who have won of the queens left. Alexis's friends have all left so she's kind of an island. Blair is kind of the Miss Congeniality queen who gets along with everyone, but I do not see her having a close relationship with anyone other than maybe Juju.

Posted (edited)

I thought Vanjie did great in the lipsync and they should have saved last week’s tie for this week :ph34rwave: (Morgan probably won last week’s tbh)

Edited by #jeah

26 minutes ago, JC said:

I'm not sure who's the liar between Alexis or India, perhaps something did happen that resembled what India claimed, but was exaggerated to basically be a plot against Shea. Perhaps Alexis and Mayhem just asked India if she voted for Shea, rather than truly campaigned for it.

I think both of them right to an extent, but perceived their intent differently.

We saw in the episode Alexis mention Shea was a powerhouse in her confessional, Mayhem said afterward that she assumed everyone was voting for Shea, and then Mariah said there was no campaign. My guess would be that Alexis (and Mayhem) mentioned they were voting for Shea because she's a threat or potentially asked her afterward if she had voted for Shea as well, and India inferred that as them telling her to also vote out Shea.

Well that was some drama this week!

1. Jujubee: Absolutely hilarious in snatch game and killed the runway as well. 
  2. Shea: I am with Michelle in that I don't like drag queens impersonating men in Snatch Game but her Flava Flava was pretty flawless
  3. Alexis: An excellent snatch game and nice job fighting back wen India brought the drama 
  4. Blair: Loved the prom runway, her Ellen not so much 
  5. Miz Cracker: Didn't love her runway and her Lady Gaga was forgettable
  6. India: Props for the attempt to stay, but even I know enough about Jeffree Star to know that feell completely flat 

Overall:

1. Jujubee
  2. Shea
  3. Blair
  4. Alexis
  5. Miz Cracker
  6. India

1. Jujubee - Legend.

2. Shea Couleé - Legend.

3. Alexis Mateo - Legend.

4. Miz Cracker - Out of her league

5. Blair St. Clair - Out of her league

What a phenomenal episode of Drag Race. 🤎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Deeee said:

1. Jujubee - Legend.

2. Shea Couleé - Legend.

3. Alexis Mateo - Legend.

4. Miz Cracker - Out of her league

5. Blair St. Clair - Out of her league

What a phenomenal episode of Drag Race. 🤎

I totally agree with this. I think Blair has improved since S10 but she still has more improving to do. She’s still v young. Cracker on the other hand... I don’t know. I think she might just be one of those queens that is good off the show but it doesn’t translate on the show and she cracks under pressure like Thorgy or Trixie

I think Blair’s doing pretty well so far. I don’t think she’s had any stand-out moments, but I’m fine with her still being in the competition. Knowing she was a last-minute replacement for Asia made me have low expectations for her run, but I’ve enjoyed her runways.

• Like 1

Cracker, Jujubee, and Blair in that order for me. ❤️ 

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Bebe Rexha?

unimpressed viola davis GIF

I’d like to consider myself fairly up to date with pop culture, but even after the last few years I still really don’t know who Bebe Rexha is. :dead:

5 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I’d like to consider myself fairly up to date with pop culture, but even after the last few years I still really don’t know who Bebe Rexha is. :dead:

ugh I’m so jealous

Cracker won this challenge?

Cracker?

i broke the good place GIF by globaltv