What Not To Sing (WNTS) Discussion

m1key

The #1 was correct, and I'll even cut them some slack on the #2 because I recognize that it was probably fairly good but it's just not my thing. After that...ugh. Laughable. That Jonny got a decent score is disappointing but oddly unsurprising. That Julia managed to get ahead of him is ridiculous. And I feel like preconceptions were definitely coloring the reviews even more than normal, because Run to You's song average is lower than what its low had been entering the night and I absolutely refuse to believe that Aliana was that much worse than all previous renditions. I remember that it wasn't worse than the last one.

Just Sam looking at easily the best rating on "I Believe" since Fantasia and Diana gave it its world premiere. 

1 minute ago, m1key said:

Im a bit bummed no performances hit 70. I think there were a few that definitely deserved at least that. Hopefully when we get finalized ratings later this week the scores look a bit better.

I'm not surprised. I usually end up being a very generous scorer, but I didn't put a single performance in the 90s tonight, which is a rarity.

No shockers other than I  think Kimmy should be higher. She definitely sang the song fine so that should count for something. Maybe switch her and Julia who is way to high. I did not watch Dillion's performance but I had 7/10 of WNTS's top scores as my top 10. I had Cyniah there instead of Makayla but they are interchangeable tbh. 

Francisco is too high. His performance is kinda boring.

I think the format makes every contestant on par. It's difficult to create a moment and it's difficult to be a trainwreck as well lol. The results might be unpredictable because of that.

Top 10 atm via WNTS scores

Francisco

Lauren

Dillon

Julia

Grace

Jonny

Sophia

Makayla

Arthur

Just Sam/Kimmy

A solid top 10 for me tbh

• Like 1

Louis is criminally  too low, has anyone ever listened to that song before? He was emotionally terrific, a perfect song for his cry voice.

And Lauren was so fking flat, why she's no.2 on the list?  I'm sorry but that song was done much better by so many others that  you could find their performances on Youube. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, iloveadam said:

Louis is criminally  too low, has anyone ever listened to that song before? He was emotionally terrific, a perfect song for his cry voice.

I’m genuinely shocked by how low Louis’ score was. I thought for sure he was going to be one of the Top 4

3 minutes ago, holinessss said:

omg glad they're doing this, but like...where can i submit my scores? 

Email them or message them on their FB. It says on their website.

But IDF is one of the sites they poll every week, so if you submitted rankings here, they're most likely already factored in.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kamil24 said:

How is Syesha's "I Believe" only at 33?

Syesha in general was underscored, but in general, viewers aren't kind when you sing a previous Idol's song, and I Believe is one of the ones that's typically docked. Not to mention she did the same song for the same theme that LaKisha Jones did in S6, and LaKisha was also dragged for it.

24 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Syesha in general was underscored, but in general, viewers aren't kind when you sing a previous Idol's song, and I Believe is one of the ones that's typically docked. Not to mention she did the same song for the same theme that LaKisha Jones did in S6, and LaKisha was also dragged for it.

The viewers probably aren’t so kind because if you sing a song that a former Idol sang (especially if it’s a coronation single), you’re begging to be compared to the former Idol, and unless you’re great yourself, you’re going to lose big-time.

Wowwwww. No ratings hit above a 64! Although I looked it over, and this season is currently the 5th highest rated in the Pre-Finals scores, which is great. We might not be getting super high scores or super low scores, but we are getting consistent scores and Im honestly fine with that. 

so based on these rankings

Top 10

Lauren Spencer Smith 

Dillion James 

Julia Gargano

Francisco Martin

Arthur Gunn

Jonny West

Makayla Phillips

Sophia James

Grace Leer

Kimmy Gabriella 

Eliminated

DeWayne Crocker Jr.

Jovin Webb

Franklin Boone

Olivia Ximines

Aliana Jester

Faith Becnel

Nick Merico

Louis Knight

Cyniah Elise

Just Sam

21 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

so based on these rankings

Top 10

Lauren Spencer Smith 

Dillion James 

Julia Gargano

Francisco Martin

Arthur Gunn

Jonny West

Makayla Phillips

Sophia James

Grace Leer

Kimmy Gabriella 

Eliminated

DeWayne Crocker Jr.

Jovin Webb

Franklin Boone

Olivia Ximines

Aliana Jester

Faith Becnel

Nick Merico

Louis Knight

Cyniah Elise

Just Sam

Just Sam and Louis are for sure in.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:22 PM, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Oof. That's painful.

Granted, my top 10 on that night would've had some not-so-great contestants advancing and this sends all three of them home. But Jovin and Cyniah go home while Jonny and Julia get to stay? These rankings are awful! 

I liked Jovin pre-lives but his vocals were a bit of a mess last week tbh. And Jonny was my favourite of the night 😅

On 4/27/2020 at 8:02 PM, Sept390 said:

Syesha is probably one of the most underrated contestants on Idols ever

How Joshua Ledet's cover of A Change Is Gonna Come outscored her new flawless performance of the same song is a case for the FBI

Edited by joe14