Songs Performed Once - and 'Never' Again

Bouli

5 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

For me it was "Dare You To Move" he killed it.

His Overjoyed was also really good but when Rayshun LaMarr performed it I was like WTF. Evan put this song to rest and you made a sh*t of a Stevie Wonder song.

Dare You to Move was fantastic!

I wasn't a fan of him being taken away from the alt rock path. I liked Overjoyed, but I didn't need him to be kept on that path. That's what got him eliminated in the top 11 when he could've gone further.

6 hours ago, Grey_Raine said:

All These Things That I've Done

wh-what? Someone performed that song on The Voice? 

Edit: I watched it. It was fine. ATTTID is one of my favorite songs and he did fine with it.

• Like 1

Just now, FloorWax said:

wh-what? Someone performed that song on The Voice? 

Edit: I watched it. It was fine. ATTTID is one of my favorite songs and he did fine with it.

FucM.gif

The fact that we haven't gotten one song by the Killers since Season 5 is BLASPHEMY.

On that note (not counting group performances bc I think Team Blake or Adam covered one in an early season)

When You Were Young - Pip (S2)

All These Things That I've Done - Jonny Gray (S5)

Mr. Brightside - James Wolpert (S5)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bouli said:

Did you separate them by amazing one-time performances / songs that should NEVER be done again? Because all of those performances were pretty great except the last three. "Get On Your Feet," "Fancy," and "Caribbean Queen" should NEVER be done again. :haha:

Reagan's was a shame, too, because it was a pretty creative arrangement. But she didn't have the breath control to pull off the rapid-fire raps. Meanwhile, Joana could do NOTHING to salvage that song, and neither could Shane with his song.

Yes the last ones are ones that shouldn't be done for a bad reason :haha:

1 hour ago, Bouli said:

Did you separate them by amazing one-time performances / songs that should NEVER be done again? Because all of those performances were pretty great except the last three. "Get On Your Feet," "Fancy," and "Caribbean Queen" should NEVER be done again. :haha:

Has anyone besides Shane Q has sang a Billy Ocean song on the show?

17 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Dare You to Move was fantastic!

I wasn't a fan of him being taken away from the alt rock path. I liked Overjoyed, but I didn't need him to be kept on that path. That's what got him eliminated in the top 11 when he could've gone further.

What I mean is during BA when he was asked to perform something Soul and he made a sample of Overjoyed which I think was better than when he performed on PO. He loves to do soul but I think you're right, he failed to impress people (or the song choices sucked?)

48 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Has anyone besides Shane Q has sang a Billy Ocean song on the show?

I believe Jermaine Paul’s battle was Get Outta My Dreams, but those are the only 2 Billy Ocean songs I’m familiar with so I’m not sure if there’s more.

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

FucM.gif

The fact that we haven't gotten one song by the Killers since Season 5 is BLASPHEMY.

On that note (not counting group performances bc I think Team Blake or Adam covered one in an early season)

When You Were Young - Pip (S2)

All These Things That I've Done - Jonny Gray (S5)

Mr. Brightside - James Wolpert (S5)

We should really be getting more alt rock on this show. I mean, we already know how classic rock singers usually fare.

Let's hear some Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Twenty One Pilots

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

We should really be getting more alt rock on this show. I mean, we already know how classic rock singers usually fare.

Let's hear some Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Twenty One Pilots

One of my favorite bands ever. It would be cool to hear their songs on the show, but I feel the covers would pale in comparison to the originals, unless the contestants make them their own.

Just now, Misirlou said:

One of my favorite bands ever. It would be cool to hear their songs on the show, but I feel the covers would pale in comparison to the originals, unless the contestants make them their own.

I'm not a huge fan of them, but I agree that the covers would pale in comparison for sure.

I believe someone auditioned with Do I Wanna Know a long time ago but it was a montaged no chair turn.

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

That is very true. There's something about their songs that is so tailored for Alex Turner. 

That said, I think songs like Cornerstone and 505 would be easier to make their own.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Has punk rock ever been performed on the show? I would like to hear some Green Day, Blink 182, The Offspring.

I don't think so... I but I also don't think a punk rock singer would waste their time on the voice. It isn't made for them.

13 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I don't think so... I but I also don't think a punk rock singer would waste their time on the voice. It isn't made for them.

I would love to hear some Green Day or Blink-182, but the show's history of turning anyone who doesn't fit into the pop, country, or R&B boxes well means that it's not going to happen.

• Like 1