Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

28 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Well I haven't seen it, I only read Elliott's article he posted earlier about it that definitely made it seem like the general themes were problematic as opposed to one scene. I haven't seen it though so I can't judge!

It’s mostly just one scene (and a plot point stemming from that scene). But my main issue is just that it’s boring. If I wanted to watch 150+ minutes of people doing weird things in a field, I’d just watch my friends’ IG stories when they go to Coachella.

• Haha 1

340?cb=20171126224824

giphy.gif

A romantic drama, Love is Strange was released in 2014 & it stars John Lithgow, Alfredy Molina, Marisa Tomei and Cheyenne Jackson. The premise of the movie is that Ben & George finally get married after being together for almost 40 years, but their marriage have an impact on George's job - he was fired from the catholic school when it is revealed that he got married to Ben. And this also had an impact on their livelihood in Manhattan as it forced them to move out & start staying with friends - unfortunately, this eventually leads to their separation, not by choice.. During their separation, Ben is staying with his nephew and his family while George find himself living with his former neighbours. They eventually get to spend time together & the impact of living in a space designated for less than one person. Anyway, the movie was well received and it looks like an interesting - maybe I will eventually watch it but not sure if I will.

SAVING: THE SPECTACULAR NOW

Edited by *Chris

The Beguiled

The_Beguiled_(2017_film).png

I just watched the trailer and read the wiki page. Why did they show that much in the trailer? I absolutely despise when movies use scenes from the end of the movie in the trailer. It makes no damn sense. 

This movie is about an all girls school. The main roles are played by Nicole Kidman, Kirsten Dunst (aka Queen of Fargo season 2) and Elle Fanning. They encounter a male stranger. (played by Colin Farrell). Wiki tells me he is an injured union solider deserter. Before making any big decisions about how to deal with him, they are letting him heal first. He decides to take advantage of this time and play on the affections of some of the women. That does not work out for him long term. I am pleasantly surprised that the women held it against the man instead of each other. Yay! 

This seems like a very character driven movie, so I will try to check it out sometime. 

Saving the other movie