@Deeee - 11/20

@1234567890 - 13/20

@#jeah - 13/20

@Elliott - 15/20

@.Rei - 16/20

@totes4totes - 16/20

Chris

S4UAhh7.png

tumblr_o7em98kszZ1qagodco3_r2_250.gifv tumblr_o7em98kszZ1qagodco5_r2_250.gifv tumblr_o7em98kszZ1qagodco10_r1_250.gifv

Released in 2015, Room tells the story of a women held captive for the past 7 years where she faced many challenges but kept fighting through it all. While in captivity, she gives birth to her son named Jack - they form a strong bond while being held captive in a shed which they call the "room".  Both characters, Joy and Jack, shows strength to get through it all - they form a plan to finally escape which they succeed by finally being free.  And in the outside world, they both face challenges in their every day life - they both struggles differently, and they're finally able to put the past behind them. 

As you can expect with the ranking of this movie, Room is one of my favourite movie of 2015 as well as one of my favourite of the past decade.  And while the movie has an excellent screenplay, it is essentially driven by superb performance by Brie Larson & Jacob Tremblay - my likeness / love of this movie is certainly influenced by their performances. In their respective role, they were both able to channel the pain of the individual they are portraying by making us feel for them in a certain scenario - not a lot of individuals are able to explain what it feels like to be in that situation, but they were able to do so effortless. 

In other words, Brie Larson & Jacob Tremblay were able to deliver outstanding performances in a movie that showcase the internal and external struggles one faces while being held captive against their own will. And for their acting, among other things, I truly believe this movie deserve its spot in the Top 20 and a potential Top 10 placement which is possible as I know many people consider this to be Brie Larson's best role.

Alex

I had no idea how well Room was gonna do in this game. I feel like it’s kinda been lost in the shuffle of great films this decade as the years have passed, but I wholeheartedly believe it deserves to be known as one of the best of the decade. While the premise is pretty straightforward, it tugs at my heartstrings more than most films this past decade, and that is mainly thanks to its stars, Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay. Larson’s performance is pitch perfect and Jacob Tremblay makes his case that he is the strongest actor under 18 out there. Joan Allen is also extremely underrated and delivers a fantastic supporting performance. I think Room is also a perfect length and I adore the way they split the movie up. I didn’t want a whole movie in the room, nor did I want them to quickly skip over their time in the room and just show their life on the outside. I love that we got to see both aspects of their life, and I think that’s what makes this movie unique compared to other kidnapping movies. I ranked Room at a very strong 11th place and I’m happy to see it do so well in the game.

Tom

Traumatic and touching story!

Steven

skylight.gif?format=1500w

I finally got around to watching Room earlier this year when it was still available on Netflix. I heard great things about it, especially Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay's performances. And you know what? They lived up to the critical acclaim I read about. The plot of the film is interesting, but Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay really help elevate the film. Room wouldn't have been as good if it weren't for their performances. Brie Larson's range is incredible. She believably portrays a woman who is both hopeless and desperate, and she's sympathetic as a woman struggling to be happy in her freedom after enduring several years of trauma. She earned that Best Actress Oscar win. As for Jacob Tremblay, I knew critics and audiences alike loved his performance, but I was still surprised how good he was in the role. He wasn't simply just the little boy, but he delivered a moving performance that matched Larson's. They both made a great team, and Room works because of their strong performances.

Room is a straightforward story. The film is about a young woman named Joy and her child Jack escaping captivity and then trying to adjust to the real world. She has been hidden away in a shed for seven years, and her son was born in captivity. Joy calls their shed Room, and Room is Jack's whole world. He doesn't know there is more outside of Room. The abductor is also Jack's father since he raped Joy, and he continuously rapes her throughout her captivity too. He's not a father figure to Jack though, and Joy prohibits any interaction between them. Once Jack is old enough, Joy follows through with a plan to help break them out. Joy instructs Jack to play dead when she rolls him inside a carpet. She tells the abductor to take Jack and bury him somewhere nice. While hidden in the carpet on the abductor's truck, Jack manages to wriggle himself free and catch the attention of a passerby. Jack gets help, and the police later manage to find Joy inside the shed. I thought the escape was going to be near the end of the film, but it was actually halfway through the story. Joy reunites with her parents, learning that they have divorced since her abduction. She also struggles readjusting to normal life and wonders why she isn't happy now. Jack also repeatedly asks to go back to Room. Joy also becomes suicidal, especially after a TV interview. A reporter asked her why didn't she have Jack taken to a hospital when he was born so he could've had a normal life, which overwhelms Joy with guilt. After she tries to kill herself, she is taken to a hospital. Jack must then continue adjusting to his new world without his mother for a period of time, which he manages to do. He stays with his grandmother, makes a friend with another boy his age, and gets to meet a dog for the first time. Joy is eventually released, and she reunites with Jack. The film ends with Joy and Jack visiting Room for one last time. They say goodbye to Room once and for all and walk away. 

I thought Room was a great film. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 93% approval rating and says, "Led by incredible work from Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay, Room makes for an unforgettably harrowing—and undeniably rewarding—experience." I thought it handled the subject matter in a believable way while still having a hopeful tone. I would recommend Room to anyone who hasn't seen it yet, and it ranks highly for me out of this Top 20.

Anne

Is saying Brie Larson is absolutely amazing until I reach 100 words acceptable? No? That's a shame. (I guess she will go cry to her Academy Award for this movie) I guess I should include how good Jacob Temblay is as well.  Extremely impressive for him considering his age. 
For anyone living under a rock, this movie is about a mother and son being kept captive in basically... a room. The son was born there, so he literally did not know anything else.  After several years, they finally escape. Jake (the son) seems to acclimate fairly well. They are mostly just concerned about his lack of immune system at first. His mother struggles quite a bit more. She was basically frozen in time. She saw how everyone around her seemed to move on and forward. It was a massive struggle. Most of which happened off screen, a shame.

Nico

It made Brie Larson into the huge name she deserves to be. Chilling in what it portrays, but does it in a way that cuts to the core

Dee

giphy.gif

"There are so many things out here. And sometimes it's scary. But that's ok. Because it's still just you and me..."

Grim and heartbreaking, Room is a bleak experience that is far from the most exciting movie in this bunch of finalists. Based on the 2010 novel of the same name by author and screenplay writer, Emma Donoghue, the film is about Joy "Ma" Newsome and her five year-old son Jack Newsome, the former kidnapped and held in captivity for seven years, her son born in captivity and knowing nothing outside of "Room," the four walls that contain him. Jack thinks only of the contents and happenings inside of "Room" as reality, through stories and lies told by Ma, hopeless of their escape. Yet Ma never seems hopeless, surviving and enduring repeated rape and abuse at the hands of her kidnapper Old Nick, simply because of this unbreakable connection to her son Jack. And despite Jack's circumstances, he is bright, healthy, lively, fun...happy. All because Ma pours herself into him, a non-stop dedication to diverting herself away from her own sadness. Except Jack starts to become curious. Old Nick becomes more violent. Ma is ready for Jack to experience the world.

The harrowing escape is something else. The scene where Jack lies in the bed of the truck and finally sees the blue sky above him provides this odd sensation of sadness and optimism, at the same time. These rivaling emotions constantly battle one another throughout the film. Like Joy reuniting with her parents after seven years, only to find they have divorced. Like the family sitting for dinner together for the first time, only for Joy to realize her father refuses to accept Jack as his own grandson. Or Jack starting to adapt to life outside of "Room," while Joy is in a psychiatric hospital. Or him finally cutting his hair and sending it to his mom because she needs his "strong." These dueling emotions can be seen in both Ma and Jack, the former representing the sadness associated with transitioning from life in captivity, the latter representing the optimism of a world larger than he ever could have imagined. One suffers while the other thrives outside of the 11 x 11 room that they called their "world" for so many years. 

The film poses so many important questions - how do humans survive incredible trauma, what does resilience look like, how do we rid ourselves of past trauma, what does a parent do when they feel like they cannot help their child? I do not think Room answers any of these questions, nor is it a perfect film in accurately showing the depths of how this trauma would affect a human being. Room succeeds however in telling us a story of intimacy between a mother and her son, two survivors that rely on one another to escape their horrific past and move on to a better future together. It is this core relationship that matters, not all the details in between. The heart of this movie is the love Jack and Ma share, a love that keeps them alive. A love that thrusts them forward.

I said this film is not the most exciting of the group of finalists. I said this film is not an encompassing view on the psychological, emotional, physical, etc. side-effects of so many years of captivity and abuse. But Room is one of the best movies in this bunch, due to the talents of Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay. Two powerhouse performances full of texture and layers. Brie Larson is so exposed and raw in this film, she is so full of grit and melancholy. Larson really transports the viewer into the broken spirits of Ma with such realism. She is physically hard to watch at many points in this film. Surprising no one, Larson won the Academy Award for Best Actress and Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Drama, and many, many other awards. Though Short Term 12 is Larson at her best, Room is Larson at her most vulnerable state, taking us with her on an emotional journey that could not be done any better by any other actress. Though the star of the film for me is easily Tremblay. How a child possesses such talents I will never know? But he deserved award nominations and wins galore. Not that these awards validate the job well done, but Tremblay gives a performance that I will never, ever forget. Particularly the moments where he gives speeches as a voice over as the camera just portrays him in his life. Tremblay breathes wonder and magic into every moment he is on the screen. He is profound, engaging, exciting, full of passion. These two performances woven together create something magical that cannot be replicated.

Critics felt the same, praising the film for these two performances and citing it as one of the best movies of the year, earning Academy Award nominations for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Adapted Screenplay. Along with Golden Globe nominations for Best Motion Picture - Drama and Best Screenplay. The film currently holds a score of 86/100 on Metacritic and a 93% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Though never a film I would just recommend, the performances of Larson and Tremblay deserve to be seen for many years to come. Juggernaut performances that have made me fall in love with this film so deeply.

Victoria

giphy.gif

The movie that gave Brie Larson the recognition she deserves. Not much else to say. I think we have all seen this movie and know it's amazing. Jacob Tremblay was also amazing in this film as well.

Andy

I do love this movie! I think it’s all about Jacob Tremblay for me tbh. Like don’t get me wrong, Brie Larson is amazing and flawless in her role here and I totally was rooting for her to take the Oscar (maybe moreso because I loved her in Short Term 12 but I digress)...but Jacob is astounding here and is the heart of the movie. You’d think a movie about a woman who was kidnapped and held hostage for seven years would focus mainly on the woman’s point of view, but the eyes of the movie are Jack’s and he is Jacob believable in his role here. I think the movie oscillates between really engaging and a tad boring a few too many times for it to be a top favorite of mine but I definitely enjoyed it a lot on rewatch so any movie I can love after a second watch is a good one in my book.

Elliott

I would rank it higher if it was the Tommy Wisseau film tbh.

Rei

FiRH.gif

Room is a move that I really loved but it is not one that I would put among my top favorites of the 2010's. Having said that, thanks to this film many wonderful things happened in life. First, even if Brie Larson hat already done many great films by then, this was the one that really put her into the spotlight and make her an A-List actress. Second, thanks to her performance in this film she received the Oscar as Best Actress in 2015. Which brings me to my last favorite thing, her refusing to clap at Casey Affleck after giving her the Oscar the following year. QUEEN :wub: 

Room is an amazing film about a really creepy subject that involves holding a woman captive, constantly raping her, getting her pregnant and keeping her and now his 5-years-old son in a room for the last seven years. A truly scary subject that could actually still happen nowadays. It is really scary to even think about it.  Watching Jack wanting to go back to Room after having troubles to adjust to a normal life and watching Joy's attempt at suicide is heartbreaking to watch but understandable. 

I predict this movie will rank high and might even crack the top 5 and I like it a lot so I'm okay in whatever place it gets ranked.

Rei Score: 87/100 

Megan

source.gif

I already spent my Brie Larson obsession time in this rankdown on her performance in Short Term 12 and so I'm cheating on this write-up and pulling it from the Actors and Actresses rankdown. 

"Not my favorite of her performances. But it has to be number 3 because she finally got the Academy Award she deserved after Short Term 12."

Hmmm. That's not really the 100 words I was hoping for. I guess I spent all my words in that rankdown on Short Term 12 and Captain Marvel (FAIR). But this wasn't the Brie Larson movie I was hoping to make the Top 20. It's a good movie but not a movie that I was hoping to make the Top 20. (Which is how I feel about all 5 of my Bottom 5 movies) and I think that it gets more credit than it deserves in retrospect because Brie Larson won her overdue Academy Award for this. 

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (#9 Posted)

Was hoping it could break into the Top 5 but oh well... Sad that Gone Girl and Room tied & showed up back to back. 

Anyway, I really enjoy this movie & I think Alex perfectly explained why it’s one of the best of the decade. 

Andy

5. Gone Girl

7. The Master

8. Little Women

9. Blue Valentine

12. Toy Story 3

13. Room

14. Hereditary

15. Spotlight

16. Incendies

17. Your Name.

19. Winter's Bone

20. Annihilation

Anne

3. Hereditary

5. Annihilation

8. Room

10. Little Women

11. Blue Valentine

12. Winter's Bone

13. Spotlight

14. Gone Girl

15. Toy Story 3

17. Incendies

18. The Master

19. Your Name.

Chris

2. Room

3. Little Women

4. Spotlight

6. Gone Girl

8. Incendies

11. Hereditary

13. The Master

14. Your Name.

15. Toy Story 3

17. Blue Valentine

18. Winter's Bone

19. Annihilation

Dee

1. Hereditary

7. Annihilation

9. Gone Girl

11. Room

12. Little Women

13. Winter's Bone

14. Your Name.

15. Toy Story 3

17. Blue Valentine

18. The Master

19. Incendies

20. Spotlight

Elliott

1. Toy Story 3

5. Blue Valentine

6. Gone Girl

7. Winter's Bone

9. Spotlight

12. Annihilation

13. The Master

14. Incendies

15. Room

16. Your Name.

18. Little Women

20. Hereditary

Megan

4. Your Name.

5. Annihilation

8. Winter's Bone

9. The Master

12. Little Women

13. Blue Valentine

14. Hereditary

16. Room

17. Toy Story 3

18. Incendies

19. Spotlight

20. Gone Girl

Nico

4. The Master

5. Gone Girl

6. Hereditary

9. Room

10. Spotlight

12. Annihilation

13. Winter's Bone

15. Toy Story 3

16. Your Name.

17. Blue Valentine

19. Incendies

20. Little Women

Rei

1. Incendies

4. Annihilation

5. Spotlight

8. Your Name.

10. Toy Story 3

11. Winter's Bone

13. Blue Valentine

16. Room

17. Hereditary

18. Gone Girl

19. Little Women

20. The Master

Steven

1. Your Name.

2. Little Women

3. Toy Story 3

4. Blue Valentine

6. Spotlight

7. Room

11. Gone Girl

13. Incendies

17. Annihilation

18. Winter's Bone

19. Hereditary

20. The Master

Victoria

3. Winter's Bone

5. Your Name.

6. Hereditary

7. Toy Story 3

8. Spotlight

9. Blue Valentine

10. Gone Girl

11. Little Women

13. Room

14. Incendies

16. The Master

18. Annihilation

Public

6. Room

7. Toy Story 3

9. Winter's Bone

11. Little Women

12. Gone Girl

14. Hereditary

15. Spotlight

16. Your Name.

17. Blue Valentine

18. Incendies

19. Annihilation

20. The Master

Victoria

3. Winter's Bone

5. Your Name.

6. Hereditary

7. Toy Story 3

8. Spotlight

9. Blue Valentine

10. Gone Girl

11. Little Women

13. Room

14. Incendies

16. The Master

18. Annihilation

Go big or go home. :haha: 

• Haha 1

8. Get Out

Get_Out_wide-3ad4d6196f38be8b52bc21c62df5477621670373.jpg

10.5/20

@NGM - 2/20

@Deeee - 3/20

@Elliott - 3/20

Public - 4/20

@.Rei - 7/20

@Steven_ - 9/20

@totes4totes - 10/20

@#jeah - 18/20

@1234567890 - 19/20

@aliasocfan - 20/20

@*Chris - 20/20

Nico

This movie was chilling on first watch and it only got better on rewatch. The fact that this was Jordan Peele’s first time directing? Incredible. Because even though this films does a lot of things right (writing, acting, the way they address racism), the way it’s tied all together is what makes it shine. And well, the way it deals with race issues (and how it uses them as a source for horror) is truly great to watch. I have very little expectations for this placing well (mostly based on the horror rankdown) but I’m happy it got this far.

Dee

[Writeup missing]

Elliott

I saw Get Out in theatres, and fell in love with it right away... even if I target it in the horror rankdown as a big threat. #ElliottLogic But I don't know how it'll do in this rankdown since some of y'all have no taste, so I'm just gonna put it here and hope for the best. Anyway, Get Out is an incredible film with a great message, and I think Jordan Peele being known as a comedy guy beforehand really contributed to it being such an success. While I do prefer Us (smh at that not being here), Get Out being here is well justified.

Alex

When the rankings were coming in, Get Out was struggling and was on the verge of being bottom four or five. Luckily a few of the final rankings REALLY helped this movie a lot. Anyways, Get Out is a f*cking masterpiece, I ranked it 4th. Jordan Peele is a genius and I will happily watch every movie he directs for the rest of his career based on this and Us alone. He tackles a lot of different topics in this movie and sticks the landing. I worry about “message movies” that they could turn into Ryan Murphy crap, but with Get Out I feel like I’m learning a lesson without being beaten over the head with it. Peele’s win for his screenplay at the Oscar is easily one of the best wins ever at an awards show because I absolutely love the script. I also want to give a shout out to Daniel Kaluuya whose performance I feel like gets forgotten when we talk about the movie. I think Jordan Peele gets the majority of credit for the success of the movie, as he should, but Kaluuya quietly gave one of the best performances of the years and continues to prove that he’s secretly one of the best actors working (I cannot wait for Judas and the Black Messiah!) Get Out is also one of my favorite theater experiences ever, which is important when I have so many movies I love in here in the endgame (and I’m busy missing movie nights out with my friends F*CK YOU COVID!!!!!) Anyways a lot of y’all tried to do Get Out dirty so I’m just relieved it ranked this high.

Tom

I would like to express my SEVERE DISAPPOINTMENT in all of you that this is still here! Especially Anne, Chris, Elliott and Andy!

Rei

AccomplishedCoolGrosbeak-size_restricted

While I love me a lot of horror movies, it is unusual when I call a horror one one of my favorite films ever. But in the case of Get Out, that is the case. Get Out came in a time when it is unusual that a horror movie is actually great, and it is mostly because every possible idea for a horror movie has already been done. And while the idea of a creepy family hiding a creepy secret, has been done endless times, it is the fact that the film incorporate the subject of racism still present nowadays and mix it with the horror genre, that made this film truly remarkable.  

It is pretty impressive that Get Out was Jordan Peele's first directional movie and it only make us excited as to what he would bring next. Thanks god, Get Out was not a matter of luck, as he also killed with his second movie, Us.  The cast of this film was great with Daniel Kaluuya giving an amazing performance that I'm glad received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor, which I do believe he should have won to be honest. While Get Out is not on my top 10 films ever, it is in my top 20 so I'm happy that it made to the end in this rankdown. Get Out will probably place in the middle since, while I do believe Dee, Anne and Megan will rank it high, I also do believe that Elliott, Chris and Steven will rank it low. I hope it ranks high though.

Rei Score: 93/100 

Steven

handshakes-with-ben-carson.gif

I tend to avoid horror movies, so I never got around to watching Get Out despite all the critical acclaim it received. I finally got around to watching it, and I enjoyed it more than I expected. I was spoiled about the plot twist ahead of time, so I thought that would ruin my enjoyment of the film. However, I didn't know how it ended, so I was on the edge of my seat during the final act. It ended up being a thrilling finish, and I was satisfied with how the film ended.

Get Out is about a man named Chris meeting his girlfriend Rose's family for the first time. He's apprehensive since his girlfriend is white, and she tells him she hasn't informed her family that Chris is black. Chris and Rose visit her family for the weekend, but it doesn't end up going well. The experience becomes very unsettling as he notices the strange behavior of the people around him, including their black servants. He eventually uncovers the family's dark secret. I'll put a SPOILER ALERT here. Chris finds out that Rose's family transplants their brains into other people's bodies. This process allows them to achieve immortality. Chris is their next vessel, and it's up to him to escape before the surgery.  

After watching Get Out, I can agree that the film is worthy of all the praise it received. Jordan Peele created a film that was both suspenseful and clever, and the themes of slavery and racism were clear. The performances were great too, especially from Daniel Kaluuya. Also, (I'll put another SPOILER ALERT here) I like that the film ended with Chris successfully escaping. If Chris had become another vessel or arrested by the end, then I wouldn't have liked the film as much and would've given this film a lower ranking. Apparently there were alternate endings, but I'm happy with the ending Peele decided on. Anyway, critics enjoyed the film too. Get Out has a 98% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and the site says, "Funny, scary, and thought-provoking, Get Out seamlessly weaves its trenchant social critiques into a brilliantly effective and entertaining horror/comedy thrill ride." The film was nominated for four Academy Awards, and it won for Best Original Screenplay. Get Out is a worthy addition to this Top 20, and I enjoyed the film enough to place it within my Top 10.

Megan

giphy.gif

I almost ranked Get Out higher but then I remembered that I saw it in theaters with an Ex and she's now married and this movie is forever going to remind me of that and my true inability to hold on to any sort of romantic relationship dooming me to be single my entire life which was a mistake because I've been alone in a pandemic for >9 months now. The second my friends and I get vaccinated I'm forcing every single one of them to make out with me. Or at least give me a hug. Because Zoom meetings =/= physical contact some times. And also I'm going to re-download every dating app that I took off my phone at the beginning of quarantine to not remind me of how extremely lonely I was and that I couldn't do anything to fix it in the immediate.

But that's neither here nor there. Get Out is an absolutely fantastic movie. And it's definitely a movie that helped to usher in the "prestige" horror genre back after taking a hit let's say from the 80s through the 2000s. (Though I'd argue that movies like The Babadook and even The Conjuring and countless more indie movies were revitalizing the "prestige" of the genre before Get Out but I think without Get Out we don't get the elevation of films like Hereditary or Midsommar). Anyway, it's a great movie that came at the right time. And honestly, it's always been the right time and still the right time. Which is a bit unfortunate. Because cops still won't stop killing black people. And even well-intentioned white people still turn a blind eye. Or subtle things like the persistent racist dog whistles in a lot of sports commentary. (LOL LOOKIN ATCHU COLIN COWHERD).

Anyway, like most of my thoughts, the longer 2020 lasts the more jumbled my thoughts get. And I have to devote actual logical sense to my actual job that I still have to physically go to in a pandemic. So I'll say the rest of this: it's a great film anchored by brilliant performances and excellent casting.

Andy

I would probably rank this a little higher purely in terms of preference for these 20 movies, but I would prefer to not see this ranked high and I would have rather Us be the choice for the Peele movie that made the final vote. I do realize that’s a relatively unpopular opinion, as Get Out is a cultural phenomenon and easily one of the most popular and well-received horror movies to be released in the 2010s. It’s also just a really good social commentary on racial tensions that still very much exist in the US today (and worldwide). Daniel Kaluuya is definitely my favorite part of this movie - he plays the leading man so well and I knew he’d be something special after seeing him in that S1 Black Mirror episode. There are definitely some terrifying parts in this movie, but I also remember it being somewhat comical? Idk I only saw this once three years ago and didn’t have time to rewatch it.

Victoria

giphy.gif

This is another great film but it has a low ranking because someone cut It. 😭 I really don't think it's a threat to win with the rankers involved as I am sure a few people will tank it. I'm just doing my part on the behalf of Pennywise. :wub: Get Out was released in 2017 and is categorized as an American horror film. Do I even like horror? I have ranked two horror films last and second last. :giggle:Get Out was written and directed by Jordan Peele and it is his directorial debut. The film stars Daniel Kaluuya, Allison Williams, Lil Rel Howery, Bradley Whitford, Caleb Landry Jones, Stephen Root, Catherine Keener, and Lakeith Stanfield. The movie stars Kaluuya who is a black man who encounters horrors when he mets the family of his white girlfriend, Rose. The movies twist is worth the price of admission alone. Get Out received acclaim from critics with praise for the screenplay, direction, and social themes. It was also a massive commercial success, grossing $255 million worldwide on a $4.5 million budget with a net profit of $124.8 million. The film was distributed by Universal Pictures. At the 90th Academy Awardsthe film was nominated for four awards, including Best Picture. Jorfsn Peele won for Best Original Screenplay. The film has a score of 98% which I feel is a tad too high imo but the film is worth the watch.

Anne

Another representative of horror that I am glad is included in the end game. Petty Anne probably would have cut this. #thestruggle (This would have made my agenda much easier. Hopefully I do not regret that)
This movie was Jordan Peele's directorial debut. Wow. What a first impression to make on people. 
This movie is the perfect example of white liberals that are racist. In trying so hard to prove they aren't, they just say and do weird things. That is what we more commonly call microaggressions. Weird things like the second you speak to the Black Person, you need to say you loved Obama. Of course, that you would vote for him a 3rd time. (I believe one of the leads actually mentioned people now using that they've seen this movie multiple times as proof they ain't racist) The musical cues are also damn good in this movie. They are very good at setting you slightly on edge. 
Why am I ranking this so low? Because I have an agenda. That involves Hereditary being the best ranked horror movie of the rankdown. 

Chris

VCToNzX.png

tumblr_puhp5xNbrb1x0uneyo4_400.gifv tumblr_pkijg8YrEq1w67ki0o6_400.gifv tumblr_pkijg8YrEq1w67ki0o7_400.gifv

I'll be honest that this ranking was not influenced by the movie itself, although I never gotten around to watch it despite having three weeks to do so - in fairness, I barely really watched or rewatched any of the movies in the Top 20.  Back to the ranking of the movie in the 20th place - I am essentially ranking it here as I feel that it could surprise us all with a strong showing in the final ranking. And another reason for the low ranking is to counterbalance one of its biggest fan's ranking of my favourite movies - I may be proud but I expect said person to rank a few of my favourite movies in the lower tier of their ranking.  As well, even if I would have seen this movie, I do think that this movie would have received a low ranking on my end as it is likely that it would not have measured up against the other movies, especially considering I have about 12 movies or so that I really enjoy in this Top 20.

With that being said, there's no doubt that the impact of this movie is incredible & worth mentioning - I would certainly like to give it a chance by watching it, but that time was not in 2020 with this rankdown. Anyway, all of its fans should be proud of its placement considering there's a fair amount of non-horror fans in this rankdown although I would say there's more fans than non-fans! 

Edited by Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (#8 Posted)

35 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Tom

I would like to express my SEVERE DISAPPOINTMENT in all of you that this is still here! Especially Anne, Chris, Elliott and Andy!

Requoting this for everyone to see! Especially disappointed in my fellow horror rankers that I know didn't care for it!

tenor.gif?itemid=13190919

Yes, @aliasocfan, that GoT gif is just for you. :giggle: