Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Rei’s Noms Next)

Noms:

Avengers: Endgame

10 Cloverfield Lane

Carol

It

Hereditary

Martha Marcy May Marlene

Melancholia

Midsommar

Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Room

Short Term 12

The Babadook

The Blackcoat’s Daughter

The Farewell

The Witch

Thor: Ragnarok

Us

Wonder Woman

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Rei’s Noms Posted)

The Blackcoats Daughter 

emma roberts horror GIF by A24

Control freak cut is control freak. I am proud I dragged this movie into the top 50. It is a criminally underrated psychological horror. It is a complete master class of the sub genre of horror. There are absolutely no jump scares, which automatically makes it superior to most horror movies. It completely relies on tension, atmosphere and unease. I cannot state how good this movie is.

It stars Emma Roberts, Kiernan Shipka, Lucy Boynton and James Remar. You might think I am going to compliment Emma Roberts. (which I do believe this is her best work in terms of showing versatility) This movie is completely held together by Kiernan Shipka. 

There is a ~twist~ in the movie that's fine. I think it would have been better off playing straight. Oh well. Sabrina grows up to be Madison. You can't win it all. 

Saving Midsommar

THE BABADOOK (2014)

DrearyRecklessAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle

I'm sorry Dee! 😬 I've avoided cutting this film for awhile but honestly like we're in the top 50 and pretty much any cut can be justified at this point. The Babadook is a 2014 "possession" horror movie from Australia. That makes this the second Australian movie I've cut in the last few rounds, oops. #TeamNZ Based on director Jennifer Kent's short film Monster, this movie tells the story of a single mother who has recently experienced the loss of her husband in a violent way. She then has to deal with her son's fear of a monster lurking in their house....but things are more real than she originally thought. I'm sure this is a great movie and it is on my list of movies to watch. One of the best reviewed movies of 2014, it received a 98% score on RT and has received comparisons to other crazy psychological thriller movies like Black Swan and Rosemary's Baby. Pretty great movies to be compared to. It had a great run in this rankdown but I can't save every movie!

Saving: Short Term 12