Disney Characters Rankdown

Steven_

FINAL CUTS

tumblr_n6923htBRI1toymyio1_500.gif

It's time!

Before the final rankings, each ranker will eliminate one character of his or her choice. By the end of the round, nine characters will be eliminated and we will be left with our Top 25.

RANKERS HAVE A 24 HOUR DEADLINE TO POST THEIR WRITE-UPS STARTING NOW!

There is no elimination order. You are free to post your write-up as soon as you like. But in order for your elimination to be valid, you must have a completed write-up by the deadline. And you cannot request someone else to do the write-up for you. All rankers must do their own write-ups. I will only accept extensions if you have a valid reason.

If any rankers miss the deadline, then they can potentially lose the chance to make a cut. 

Here's what will happen if anyone misses the deadline:

- Five minutes after the deadline passes, the very first person to post a write-up this round can claim a second cut. It must be a completed write-up to count.

- If there are still missing write-ups 10 minutes after the deadline, the second person to post a completed write-up can claim another cut.

- 15 minutes after the deadline, the third person can claim another cut if we are still missing write-ups, and so on and so forth.

If you have any questions, then let me know.

REMAINING CHARACTERS

Alice (Alice in Wonderland)

Ariel (The Little Mermaid)

Beast (Beauty and the Beast)

Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)

Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians)

Elastigirl (The Incredibles)

Esmeralda (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

EVE (WALL·E)

Genie (Aladdin)

Goofy (Mickey & Friends)

Hades (Hercules)

Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas)
Jasmine (Aladdin)

Lilo (Lilo & Stitch)

Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)

Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins)

Megara (Hercules)

Mickey Mouse (Mickey & Friends)

Miguel Rivera (Coco)

Mike Wazowski (Monsters, Inc.)

Minnie Mouse (Mickey & Friends)

Moana (Moana)

Mulan (Mulan)

Quasimodo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Robin Hood (Robin Hood)

Russell (Up)

Scar (The Lion King)

Simba (The Lion King)

Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)

Ursula (The Little Mermaid)

Violet (The Incredibles)

WALL·E (WALL·E)

Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove)

ALREADY IN THE TOP 25

Belle (Beauty and the Beast)

Good luck to your favorites!

@Alex95 @*Chris @Deeee @miss denise @FrogLenzen @~*8Kay8*~ @totes4totes @NGM @1234567890

raw

Hades

I've been sitting on this for a while and since he didn't get eliminated in my set of noms or the two that came after, it's time to eliminate Hades and complete my quest to have Meg as the final character standing from Hercules. An all right movie with one of the best female characters. I'm not a huge fan of villains (as you may be able to tell from my choice to be a hero in the random round) but there are some villains I like but Hades isn't really one of them. In part because Hercules is not my favorite movie and more lately because I don't like James Woods who voices him! He has been accused of sexual assault and is a staunch Trump supporter.

Hades is the antagonist in Hercules. He wants to have Hercules killed and at the beginning of the movie enlists Panic and Pain to do so. Unfortunately for him they are incompetent idiots so Hercules survives. He then enlists Meg who falls in love with Hercules and then eventually stuff happens yada yada yada and Meg dies and Hercules gives up his godhood to get Meg back. Anyway, Hades loses and is sucked into the River Styx for all eternity. Playing real loosely with Greek Mythology.

Mickey Mouse

latest?cb=20190305233033

Why wait for something we all know it's coming? I hope this makes it easier for everyone to decide your petty cuts against me or whatever you wanna do. Anyway I have been nominating the blandfest pair that is the face of Disney for a while now, and finally it's time. Like everyone except Goofy and Donald (and even I will admit they got lucky with some movies fleshing them out a bit more imo), the OG Disney characters have little to no substance. They are cardboards to whatever short movie/sketch they decided to dump them on, having the bare minimum of personality traits but being an instantly recognizable design. His design basically birthed a bunch of logos, merch and buckets of money for the Disney corporation. At least there was that done well. At this point i could make a random Kingdom Hearts mention like Alex did on his write ups but anyone that saw that rankdown knows idgaf abt those games lol. If someone that loves this character more than me (could be pretty much anyone) wants to give him a better write up, be my guest. As it is, it just misses the final cut.

3 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Nani was my #1 (cut by Dee, nominated by Derek)

Mama Imelda was my #2 (Cut by Chris, nominated by Derek)

Elsa was my #4 (Cut by Alex, nominated by Dee)

Dee BETRAYED me so hard 💔

you know what just to round out my top 10 so everybody knows who to cut because i have no feelings anymore w/r/t this rankdown:

#3 mary poppins

#5 elastigirl

#6 moana

#7 mulan

#8 belle

#9 violet

#10 only good man David

(victoria now orchestrating all the rest of my faves get cut so belle will get a second #1 ranking <3)

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Most of your top 10 is still in you're doing great :dead:

4/10 are gone including 1,2, and 4

oh yeah i'm doing real good. let me just cut off both my thumbs, my ring finger, and a pinky but still i have most of my fingers. i'm doing fine.

#11 - #20 include the following:

collette

evelyn deavor

bert

haku

hector

jessie

edna mode

that's where i really got decimated. also losing 3 of my top 5 is what sucks the most!!!!!

Edited by totes4totes

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

4/10 are gone including 1,2, and 4

oh yeah i'm doing real good. let me just cut off both my thumbs, my ring finger, and a pinky but still i have most of my fingers. i'm doing fine.

#11 - #20 include the following:

collette

evelyn deavor

bert

haku

hector

jessie

edna mode

that's where i really got decimated. also losing 3 of my top 5 is what sucks the most!!!!!

Most of my top 10 is gone :( (and Chris is likely working on the writeup for my number one as we speak :dead:)

Just now, Alex95 said:

Most of my top 10 is gone :( (and Chris is likely working on the writeup for my number one as we speak :dead:)

congrats we can both have half of our top 2s cut by chris.

if only chris was your closest friend in this forum for 10 years or so and then you could feel the pain i felt when DEE CUT MY NUMBER 1

Edited by totes4totes

Eve

tumblr_lrbynaNT961qm6oc3o1_500.gifv

I was between a few options here and ultimately changed at the last second since my other options are the last standing from their movies. WALL-E still has WALL-E himself in and while I'm a bit sad to break up the couple, I think the title character representing the movie in the Top 25 (assuming he's not cut) is sufficient.  

Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator aka EVE is the female lead in WALL-E. She is a biological terrestrial probe with an ergonomically suitable shape. She is able to quickly fly and has morphable fingers that allow her to mimic human dexterity and manipulate objects. She provides plant life as evidence specimens to verify that plants can be habituated by humans. She also uses anti-gravity technology and her right arm has a plasma cannon that she can use for defense. 

EVE is a glossy white, egg-shaped robot with blue eyes and is super cute. She is first seen as extremely dedicated to her work and hostile, but begins to warm-up and befriend WALL-E upon meeting him. Eventually, they fall in love. ❤️ 

mgVrSzz.gif

I learned a fun fact that EVE was named after Eve from the Bible, because WALL-E's loneliness reminded director and writer Andrew Stanton of Adam. That is both cute and sad. ❤️  Anyway, this cut means that WALL-E is the last standing character from the movie and should he make the finals, he will be a great representative of it.