Can Ricky Duran pull off an upset?

Bouli

Can he NOT end in 3rd place?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ricky Duran end in 2nd or 1st place?

• Yes, he can pull off an upset - possibly even win.
    • No, I'm certain 2nd and 1st are going to Jake Hoot and Katie Kadan.
  2. 2. Do you WANT Ricky Duran to end in 2nd or 1st place?

• Yeah, he's my first or second choice!
    • Maybe, I don't care anymore.
    • No, 3rd or 4th is fine. I don't like him too much.
  3. 3. Where do you think Ricky will end?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

I'm really curious about this because he seems to have a ton of fans, not just on IDF, but on many other websites. "Let It Be" also did extremely well on iTunes. Seems like the Internet loves Rose and Ricky the most (and I know the Internet isn't the best gauge for a contestant's popularity, but… still).

Do you think he could pull off an upset and somehow snag 2nd or 1st place? Or do you think it's set in stone, and Jake Hoot and Katie Kadan are the only ones in contention for those spots?

Discuss! :D

Yes, only if they decide to pimp Ricky and bussing Katie/Jake in the finale :haha:

They bussed Katie this week, Gyth was bad in her last performances, Chloe lost her voice during the live shows.

At a given time, performances don't matter anymore. Most voters have picked their champions already.

Edited by echoap

SM says Katie wins, but my gut says Hoot does.

Social media also said that Matt McAndrew won. Then Craig Wayne Boyd won instead.

I know these are different times than 2014, and there's no team split or anything - but anything is possible on this whack show. :haha:

Also, it's worth considering that Ricky is on Team Blake.

Social media also said that Matt McAndrew won. Then Craig Wayne Boyd won instead.

I know these are different times than 2014, and there's no team split or anything - but anything is possible on this whack show. :haha:

True. But we'd have to assume that silent Blakers + casuals voted to the max for him every single week.

Finals Pimp Spot Fun Facts:

Out of 16 seasons, contestants who got the pimp spot in the finals:

9/16 were winners

4/16 were runner-ups

3/16 were 3rd or 4th place

I think my gut's lying to me. Katie's stats over Jake are overwhelming at all levels. Those pesky bonuses though... BTW still no word on who got the last bonus? It's gotta be Jake again since they did the same thing last week...

ETA: I checked Jake's FB, and he didn't mention he got the bonus. TPTB must have had a word with him after he spilled the beans last week... :whistling:

They bussed Katie this week, Gyth was bad in her last performances, Chloe lost her voice during the live shows.

At a given time, performances don't matter anymore. Most voters have picked their champions already.

Katie's SM stats got weakened a bit tho, Gyth.. that's probably why he didn't win, and for Chloe, she did get the pimp spot, right?

---

but yeah, the pimping and bussing probably don't matter much if the gap is already huge.

Katie's SM stats got weakened a bit tho, Gyth.. that's probably why he didn't win, and for Chloe, she did get the pimp spot, right?

---

but yeah, the pimping and bussing probably don't matter much if the gap is already huge.

Exactly. :yes:

Edited by echoap

I think my gut's lying to me. Katie's stats over Jake are overwhelming at all levels. Those pesky bonuses though... BTW still no word on who got the last bonus? It's gotta be Jake again since they did the same thing last week...

ETA: I checked Jake's FB, and he didn't mention he got the bonus. TPTB must have had a word with him after he spilled the beans last week... :whistling:

Okay - maybe - here's a thought for TPTB, this might be a little extreme…

If they don't want to tell us who won the iTunes bonus every week… maybe they should get rid of it.

Seriously, it's ridiculous that they won't announce who won it anymore. As someone who likes following the stats on this show, I like to know those kinds of details. If that information isn't pertinent enough to let us know what's up, then maybe they should just… not have it factor into the results anymore???

I'm not a huge Jake Hoot fan, but it's unfair to him, his fans, and… well, nerds like me. :haha:

No. Katie and Jake have first and second on lock.

Honestly, no. I do like him, but out of the four, he's the only one who's had no real moment to really make him pop. He's had good, solid, consistent performances, but none that I can actually call strong. I'd honestly rather he get fourth, but he'll probably come in third.

I think third, but if the pissed-off fans I'm seeing all around the Web rally for Rose (they were MAD that she had to sing for her life), he could absolutely fall to fourth instead.

No. Katie and Jake have first and second on lock.

Honestly, no. I do like him, but out of the four, he's the only one who's had no real moment to really make him pop. He's had good, solid, consistent performances, but none that I can actually call strong. I'd honestly rather he get fourth, but he'll probably come in third.

I think third, but if the pissed-off fans I'm seeing all around the Web rally for Rose (they were MAD that she had to sing for her life), he could absolutely fall to fourth instead.

Just bc it's your opinion doesn't make it true, especially after Let It Be.

That said, I agree with you it's 100% between Jake and Katie.

Just bc it's your opinion doesn't make it true, especially after Let It Be.

That said, I agree with you it's 100% between Jake and Katie.

"Let It Be" was def a moment for Ricky imo...and one of the top 5 or so performances of the entire season I think.

Just bc he's been one of the more consistent people this season doesn't mean he hasn't also been steadily improving. If he continues that trend I don't think 2nd is out of reach. It's unlikely, but possible imo.

"Let It Be" was def a moment for Ricky imo...and one of the top 5 or so performances of the entire season I think.

Just bc he's been one of the more consistent people this season doesn't mean he hasn't also been steadily improving. If he continues that trend I don't think 2nd is out of reach. It's unlikely, but possible imo.

Funny you should mention it, I was just thinking about that. How funny that both Rose and Ricky, consummate pros the whole season, should be the ones with the growth arc and underdog status by the semis!!

Others besides the top 2 shoved them out of the limelight with flashy and buzzworthy performances early on, but were discarded soon after because those moments ended up being their peaks as well.

Weird season. So maybe you're right and Ricky does have a 10% chance of being runner-up instead of either Jake or Katie, and same for Rose? Who knows?

Is it worth noting? Lauren was team Blake. Lauren also had an estimated 350k iTunes sales + bonus lead and was miles ahead in SM. But she lost....or so they say. :icecream: