The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

15 hours ago, RWG said:

A good chunk of them will never accept it. After inauguration, when Trump's only option is to tweet and do remote interviews as a sort of anti-president from his home, they'll probably still send him money.

Why should we accept a BLATENTLY RIGGED "election"?  Sorry .... ain't happening!!

7 hours ago, BrokenHearted said:

"Not a matter of moving goal posts"? Hmm... 🤨

Whether anyone likes it, or not .... there are STILL 3 avenues (legal avenues), that Trump, is able to take. I'm not concerned, with whether anyone likes it or not. It's his choice, whether to use them ... or not.  :))  And, by the looks of it ..... HE WILL  :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Jonathan said:

See these Trumper cult followers just put their arguments out there until those arguments make them once again losers then they make up a new argument to push and deny they ever said or meant the original argument in the first place. In their heads they are never wrong cause their orange god is never wrong. They lie and lie and lie then get shown up but then make up new lies. It's a mental illness. That's why these people should only be ignored like the annoying gnats they are.  Despite their mental illness making them lie and deny the truth, the election has been over.  Biden's hand will be on the Bible then he will be in the West wing doing the nation's business and still they are so far gone in their disease they will still be saying there is a way to overturn everything and install their regime again. Trump and all his Trumper's minds are too small and too diseased to understand the basic fact, they lost and it's over. The American constitution made sure of that.

Are you mad? 🤓   Lot of name calling. Where's mediators, when the left goes off the deep end?  🙃  

And sorry (NOT), to inform you .... it is not done.  LEGALLY, Trump still has 3 more moves. Y'all are just.  gonna.  have.  to.  deal.  with.  that  :giggle:

• Like 1

Mitch even said President and vice president elect. its over. and anyone that cant see that is just sad  also since Trump turns on anyone that wont do what he says waiting for him to tweet Bitch Mcconnel is wrong I can still win 

Edited by bswanson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

You know your cause is lost when even Cocaine Mitch is jumping off the bandwagon and declaring Biden the winner. He must not believe in any of these 3 paths that someone keeps touting.

The cause is lost .... when it's done. And .... it's still far from being done. You don't have to believe me. I don't care. But .... I've come across more than enough info, that tells me, the way that things are going to go. 

3 hours ago, bswanson said:

Mitch even said President and vice president elect. its over. and anyone that cant see that is just sad  also since Trump turns on anyone that wont do what he says waiting for him to tweet Bitch Mcconnel is wrong I can still win 

Democrats have an incredibly slim majority in the House of historic proportions. Republicans will likely retain control of the Senate. The only thing this election really meant was a rejection of Trump, though he certainly did increase his share of African American voters, Hispanics, etc (oh and gays) but Biden brought in many of the new folks into the process. I understand that many on the right in Congress don't want to annoy Trump, but the future looks potentially very promising for them, as an outside observer. 

But, as the President-elect says, it's time to turn the page. The calls for unity are complete BS though. Come together? Like ya'll did for Trump? Give folks some time to swallow that one. 

4 hours ago, psterina said:

This might be hilarious if the president didn't retweet it.

Does anyone still genuinely believe these men to be sane? Jesus. :haha:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Democrats have an incredibly slim majority in the House of historic proportions. Republicans will likely retain control of the Senate. The only thing this election really meant was a rejection of Trump, though he certainly did increase his share of African American voters, Hispanics, etc (oh and gays) but Biden brought in many of the new folks into the process. I understand that many on the right in Congress don't want to annoy Trump, but the future looks potentially very promising for them, as an outside observer. 

But, as the President-elect says, it's time to turn the page. The calls for unity are complete BS though. Come together? Like ya'll did for Trump? Give folks some time to swallow that one. 

yeah trump got a lot of votes i get that Im just tlaking about the people here who still think he can win. the election is over. if someone doesnt like the reslut all they can do is vote in the next eletion. this one is over 

Edited by bswanson
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, psterina said:

Whether anyone likes it, or not .... there are STILL 3 avenues (legal avenues), that Trump, is able to take. I'm not concerned, with whether anyone likes it or not. It's his choice, whether to use them ... or not.  :))  And, by the looks of it ..... HE WILL  :mrgreen:

Last month you repeatedly claimed that you'd accept the results as valid once the electoral college confirmed them. Were you lying when you said that?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Drew said:

Well yeah but to be fair hardly anyone on the right gave Obama a chance either

1 hour ago, BrokenHearted said:

Last month you repeatedly claimed that you'd accept the results as valid once the electoral college confirmed them. Were you lying when you said that?

How does that concern you? You gonna write about it in your diary?

Bottom line is none of what she or anyone else says, concerns you or anybody else on this thread. What gives you the right to question another members opinion? 

My advice to all of you is "you are not gonna be happy come January" you are just whistling past the grave yard. So put your big boy/girl pants on because life doesn't revolve around you or your wishes. If you don't like what someone else thinks, tough. Go back to the Pokemon thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bswanson said:

yeah trump got a lot of votes i get that Im just tlaking about the people here who still think he can win. the election is over. if someone doesnt like the reslut all they can do is vote in the next eletion. this one is over 

No no. With the insane amount of voter fraud, and the mountain of sworn affidavits, you are sadly mistaken. There literally,  are 3 routes for Trump to go. It's how it goes. You probably haven't seen an election taken this far, and ... you may not like it, but it's moving forward.  I've seen the hearings, and what they have presented, is but a tip of the iceberg. Trumps team, hasn't even gone before the Supreme Court.  That, is ONE of the 3 routes. 

2 hours ago, BrokenHearted said:

Upon seeing most of the hearings, and seeing the mountain of voter fraud, I most certainly am changing my mind.  The fraud, was committed in every way, that you can think of. So ... most definitely, I changed my mind.  This is a fight for the truth  .... and I am IN IT!!!!  :))

1 hour ago, sneaky said:

Well yeah but to be fair hardly anyone on the right gave Obama a chance either

Folks can oppose someone on policy, that’s fair. But, this has happened like five times since I’ve been alive, where people in a meaningful way question the legitimacy of the elected president. 

1 hour ago, psterina said:

This is Sidney Powell being interviewed. It's not a long interview, but whew ... she lays out what Trump is able to do, as well as the myriad of ways, fraud was committed

Sidney Powell BOMBSHELL interview !!

Sidney Powell BOMBSHELL interview !! - YouTube   

In the first 10 sec. She said all that you need to know. Only thing she didn't say, is the EO gives 45 days from the election for the DNI to report on foreign interferrance. That's this Friday. Can't say we'll hear about it then, but we already know China put up 400 million for Dominion ( correct me if I'm wrong ) and Iran was involved I believe. Basically Trump can nullify the election just off his 2018 EO. He's the sitting president and just doing his job protecting the constitution. 

Oops, sorry forgot to end by saying "IT'S OVER" waaaaaa😂

Edited by Nutterbutter

11 hours ago, Nutterbutter said:

In the first 10 sec. She said all that you need to know. Only thing she didn't say, is the EO gives 45 days from the election for the DNI to report on foreign interferrance. That's this Friday. Can't say we'll hear about it then, but we already know China put up 400 million for Dominion ( correct me if I'm wrong ) and Iran was involved I believe. Basically Trump can nullify the election just off his 2018 EO. He's the sitting president and just doing his job protecting the constitution. 

Oops, sorry forgot to end by saying "IT'S OVER" waaaaaa😂

:lmao:   Yup!!! It's over, alright! Just, not in the way everyone thinks !!!!!!   :clap:   5D chess, baby  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   5D chess!!

• Like 1

Meanwhile:

Forbes – Logos Download

Detroit Is Trying To Punish Sidney Powell For ‘Kraken’ Lawsuit—Legal Experts Say It Could Work

The city of Detroit is asking a federal judge to impose sanctions against attorney Sidney Powell and other lawyers involved in filing the infamous “Kraken” lawsuit, which the city argues was “frivolous” and was filed for the “improper” purpose of “undermining people’s faith in the democratic process.”

RNC Trump Presser with Giuliani

Sidney Powell, attorney for President Donald Trump, conducts a news conference at the Republican ... [+]

CQ-ROLL CALL, INC VIA GETTY IMAGES

Powell, who the Trump campaign cut ties with in late November, has been involved in filing dozens of the over 50 failed legal attempts to overturn the election’s results—most notably lawsuits she dubbed the “Kraken,” because she believed they were based on overwhelming evidence of fraud, that have been embraced by the QAnon conspiracy theory community. 

Filed in states including Wisconsin, Arizona and Georgia, the lawsuits hinge on debunked claims and crackpot witness testimony that the election’s voting machine system was manipulated in favor of President-elect Joe Biden. 

U.S. District Judge Linda Parker dismissed Powell’s litigation in Michigan earlier this month, saying: “The will of the people have spoken.” 

Now, a lawyer for the city of Detroit is asking Judge Parker to sanction the “Kraken” team with fines, a sweeping ban from practicing in the Eastern District of Michigan and a referral to the state’s bar for grievance proceedings. 

In the motion—which will be filed after a three-week window during which Powell can opt to withdraw her offending litigation (Powell told Forbes over email that she will not do so)—Detroit lawyer David Fink argues that the pro-Trump team violated standards of legal professional conduct under federal Rule 11, which requires that lawyers must not make cases in court “for any improper purpose, such as to harass, cause unnecessary delay, or needlessly increase the cost of litigation.” 

If the sanctions motion moves forward, Powell could be forced to post a $100,000 bond before filing any more appeals of the “Kraken” lawsuit in addition to the sanctions mentioned in the motion, but may also be exposed to other potential avenues of discipline which could include a review by the state bar even if the motion is denied, said University of Miami School of Law professor Jan Jacobowitz. 

While it’s typically uncommon for lawyers to be sanctioned under what Bruce Green, who directs Fordham Law School’s Louis Stein Center for Law and Ethics, describes as a “vague standard,” multiple legal ethics experts told Forbes that Detroit could succeed in punishing the “Kraken” team, though it depends entirely on the judge’s determination. 

“There seems to be a pretty compelling argument for punishing the lawyers for filing a frivolous lawsuit for improper purposes,” said Green, emphasizing, however, that “there are countervailing considerations” like limited precedent, the politicization of the legal battle and the fear of discouraging future election-law challenges that may have merit. 

“It is true that discipline or Rule 11-type sanctions for filing frivolous complaints are unusual but they do happen. The rule is not toothless. There is a bar. These lawyers appear to have crossed it,” said leading ethics expert Stephen Gillers, a professor at New York University Law School, who added that the “notoriety” of Powell and the campaign lawyers’ litigation efforts could make it “especially likely” that a court or disciplinary authority will impose sanctions because of the “obvious harm these lawyers have done to the administration of justice and the rule of law.”

Harvard Law School Professor Mark Tushnet was less convinced, arguing that the notoriety of the defendants may prevent the court from wanting to get involved. “I think it extremely unlikely that this motion will lead the judge to consider seriously the issue of sanctions,” said Tushnet, echoing reservations expressed by Green. “Partly that's because I believe that the judge, like most of us, will just want to put this whole episode behind us, rather than prolonging it. And this motion in particular has the feel of just a follow-up act in the ‘political theater.’” 

University of Richmond Williams Chair in Law Carl Tobias said that Judge Parker’s harsh dismissal of the “Kraken” case may be an indicator that she believes it to be “so weak, frivolous, lacking in legal support or abusive of the litigation process that it violated Rule 11 or other similar rules or US Code provisions,” but noted the potentially “chilling effect” of approving sanctions request like this.

Though Detroit appears to be the first jurisdiction to pursue sanctions against the lawyers, their trail of failed lawsuits across the country has drawn criticism and calls for punishment from other parties. On Nov. 20, Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr. (D-N.J.) filed complaints with ethics boards in five states, calling for the investigation and disbarment of Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and other members of the legal team. A group of over 1,500 attorneys buoyed these complaints earlier this month in a letter urging the American Bar Association to investigate the team’s conduct. These disciplinary complaints filed by bystanders are “likely to go nowhere,” said Green, explaining that disciplinary authorities will look to trial courts to address the problem: “Here, it's a party asking the court to address the problem under the civil procedure rules that call on the court to sanction lawyers who make frivolous legal and factual arguments ... It will be harder for the court to avoid deciding the sanctions motion.”