The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

14 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ll be the first to admit, I know very little about Parler, other than it was started in response to the frequent censorship on Twitter. They don’t intend to be strictly a conservative platform, but naturally, many conservatives have migrated over there, since they’ve been the target of the censorship.

Anyway, I’m curious...why would you never go there? I’m only asking because I don’t know what it’s like. I’ve yet to create an account. 

oh I dont know much about it either I thought it was like a Qanon/far right  conspiracy site or something.like that

as long as they are not posting threats people should be able to post what they want we still have freedom of speech. to remove the app all together is wrong. also it wont solve anything, someone will just make another app or website anyway. 

Edited by bswanson

2 hours ago, bswanson said:

as long as they are not posting threats people should be able to post what they want we still have freedom of speech. to remove the app all together is wrong. also it wont solve anything, someone will just make another app or website anyway. 

Exactly. This isn’t about Trump anymore. This sets a very dangerous precedent. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Exactly. This isn’t about Trump anymore. This sets a very dangerous precedent. 

yeah I mean if you dont agree with the siite or app or whatever it is just dont go there. ignore it. if I dont like something i just dont read it.  a suspension would have been plenty but by remving apps they are actually making things worse. 

Edited by bswanson

Interesting read. Please spare me the bullshit. I know these are private companies. I suspect many liberals, including some here, are secretly uncomfortable with this. I’m not a lawyer, but it seems as though Big Tech has opened the door to not only heavy scrutiny, but also to potential regulatory action in the future. Eventually, the pendulum will swing back. It always does. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bswanson said:

^ yeah I mean if somoen that doesnt even like trump like Merkel is saying this you know they have gone to far. 

When they start banning guys like Ron Paul from Facebook, for who knows what, it’s obvious this isn’t really about Trump. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ve never liked Ron Paul, but I’ve never viewed him as threatening in any way. He probably doesn’t even like Trump. 

Yeah, this has gone way too far. Everyone really needs to fight back somehow. Being able to express yourself online and not be discriminated against because of your political views is pretty critical.