The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

48 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

This is going to hurt Trump worse than losing the election! I love it!

That’s not just a suspension. They permanently banned him. I don’t care how you feel about the man. That is an extremely slippery slope. 

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s not just a suspension. They permanently banned him. I don’t care how you feel about the man. That is an extremely slippery slope. 

It's really not. If you incite violence on any platform no matter who you are they are going to ban you and they have every right to do so.

• Like 3

Just now, QueenKalie said:

It's really not. If you incite violence on any platform no matter who you are they are going to ban you and they have every right to do so.

There have been plenty of accounts that have done exactly what you described, and did not get banned. Try again. 

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

You know who’s threaded the needle on this better than anyone else in the Republican Party?

Marco Rubio. 

I believe he is best equipped to take over the party when it’s time. 

Well I don't think I've heard anything about Rubio this entire time, which is possibly a plus. Cruz on the other hand appears willing to go down with the ship.

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

You know who’s threaded the needle on this better than anyone else in the Republican Party?

Marco Rubio. 

I believe he is best equipped to take over the party when it’s time. 

4 years ago I would have agreed with you. I am not necessarily sure about it anymore. He became a sell out with Trump, in my opinion. 

But him being quiet unlike Cruz may help him in the long game. 

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

Just now, ButterflyEffect said:

Well I don't think I've heard anything about Rubio this entire time, which is possibly a plus. Cruz on the other hand appears willing to go down with the ship.

I saw him interviewed on Fox yesterday. Like I said, he’s really good at threading the needle. Neither side can pin him down. Make no mistake, he does not like Donald Trump. He just can’t come out and say it, if he wants a future in Presidential politics. 

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I know it's a permanent ban. I didn't type that graphic I just pasted the link.

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I saw him interviewed on Fox yesterday. Like I said, he’s really good at threading the needle. Neither side can pin him down. Make no mistake, he does not like Donald Trump. He just can’t come out and say it, if he wants a future in Presidential politics. 

I followed him closely in 2016 and he made his thoughts known on Trump, and that’s why I feel he became a sell-out; went from being super critical of him to suddenly not calling him out on the issues that mattered.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I know it's a permanent ban. I didn't type that graphic I just pasted the link.

Yeah, I’m just making sure people are aware. Trump can still get his message out there in other ways. I’m not defending his words and actions. I just think this is going too far. People celebrating won’t feel the same way when the shoe is on the other foot. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I followed him closely in 2016 and he made his thoughts known on Trump, and that’s why I feel he became a sell-out; went from being super critical of him to suddenly not calling him out on the issues that mattered.

They all do that. It’s called politics. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They all do that. It’s called politics. 

Not necessarily; I prefer politicians who can stand by their principles most of the time and not sell them out when it benefits them.

We will probably agree to disagree on this matter.

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Not necessarily; I prefer politicians who can stand by their principles most of the time and not sell them out when it benefits them.

We will probably agree to disagree on this matter.

The bottom line is the Republicans need someone acceptable to the base, yet not offensive to moderate Republicans and Independents. 

“Threading the needle.” 

It will take a lot to convince me he isn’t the guy. 

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The bottom line is the Republicans need someone acceptable to the base, yet not offensive to moderate Republicans and Independents. 

“Threading the needle.” 

At least there's hope. The Conservative Party of Canada have been looking for "the guy" for about 6 years now. They still haven't found him.

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

“Threading the needle.” 

I have other people I’d give it over Rubio although I generally like him. 

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Don’t remind me. 

I want the Conservative Party to give me a good reason to vote for them again, and I was really hoping O'Toole would be it. But no. Should have rolled with Rona Ambrose many years ago. Imagine an Ambrose vs. Freeland vs. whatever the NDP throws out election.

• Like 1

Just now, ButterflyEffect said:

I want the Conservative Party to give me a good reason to vote for them again, and I was really hoping O'Toole would be it. But no. Should have rolled with Rona Ambrose many years ago. Imagine an Ambrose vs. Freeland vs. whatever the NDP throws out election.

Oh I absolutely agree with you - I’ve been incredible disappointed in O’Toole as he’s generally more progressive but his messaging been bothering me a lot as well as his leadership skills.

I absolutely agree regarding Rona - I do hope she comes back. I wonder if many bow out knowing that whoever won the leadership, they weren’t going to be PM - this is my theory as to why Kenney endorsed OToole. 

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I have other people I’d give it over Rubio although I generally like him. 

Another important factor....he’s already been through the process, and has been thoroughly vetted. He can probably organize a campaign more quickly than just about anyone else. I expect we’ll see him planning events in some of the early primary/caucus states in the near future. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Another important factor....he’s already been through the process, and has been thoroughly vetted. He can probably organize a campaign more quickly than just about anyone else. I expect we’ll see him planning events in some of the early primary/caucus states in the near future. 

That’s a good point, but a lot can happen in 2 years. 

on another note, I would prefer that there’s not another 15 candidates but that’s unlikely to happen.