Max Boyle - jolene by ray LaMontagne

Hello Sunday - I am changing by jhud

Jake hoot - broken halos by Chris Stapleton

Rose short - diamonds by Rihanna

Myracle Holloway - glory by John legend

Joana Martinez - unfaithful by Rihanna

Ricky Duran - hold me while you wait by Lewis capaldi

Kat hammock - all I want by kodaline

Dancing on my own is NOT by Callum Scott and I’m sick of everyone that think it is...how disrespectful to Robyn...

Ricky Duran - Unaware (Allen Stone)

Kat Hammock - How Long Will I Love You (Ellie Goulding)

Cali Wilson - Every Time I Hear That Song (Brandi Carlile)

Katie Kadan - I’ll Take Care Of You (Beth Hart)

Marybeth Byrd - Girl Crush (Little Big Town)

Will Breman - Naked (James Arthur)

Rose Short - Read All About It (Emeli Sande)

Joana Martinez - Nightingale (Demi Lovato)

Myracle Holloway - Superwoman (Alicia Keys)

Jake Hoot - Bless The Broken Road (Rascal Flatts)

Max Boyle - I Won’t Give Up (Jason Mraz)

Hello Sunday - Sandcastles (Beyonce)

Shane Q - Please (Jordan Smith)

If Rose sings diamonds, I will unstan

Ricky Duran - Unaware (Allen Stone)

Kat Hammock - How Long Will I Love You (Ellie Goulding)

Cali Wilson - Every Time I Hear That Song (Brandi Carlile)

Katie Kadan - I’ll Take Care Of You (Beth Hart)

Marybeth Byrd - Girl Crush (Little Big Town)

Will Breman - Naked (James Arthur)

Rose Short - Read All About It (Emeli Sande)

Joana Martinez - Nightingale (Demi Lovato)

Myracle Holloway - Superwoman (Alicia Keys)

Jake Hoot - Bless The Broken Road (Rascal Flatts)

Max Boyle - I Won’t Give Up (Jason Mraz)

Hello Sunday - Sandcastles (Beyonce)

Shane Q - Please (Jordan Smith)

these would be great. anything by brandi Carlile for Cali would be good

I had a nightmare that Gwen had Rose sing "Sweet Escape" because it fits her previous occupation

Also please no "Diamonds" it is overdone and has a history of putting people in danger

(Will edit with my own suggestion later, need time to think)

Edited by Brangelica

Shane q - dancing on my own by calum Scott Robyn (Calum Scott Version)

Rose short - diamonds by Rihanna

Joana Martinez - unfaithful by Rihanna

Until Shane masters connecting emotionally to a song, I wouldn't assign him that song. Firstly, it would expose him in that regard, again. (I know that seems like a catch 22, but maybe assign him first something that hasn't been performed quite so successfully in the recent past? e.g. Hunter, ROBE.) Secondly, at this stage of the competition, there are others who could do the song more justice. Seems tailor made for Max, maybe Kat (who could use a detour into something more "today"), or even Myracle (who is underrated, and one of the best in the competition at connecting emotionally to a song).

Also, please no Rihanna. Apart from "Stay" (already done, and didn't help Alex with staying in the competition), Rihanna songs haven't really worked out well for contestants in singing shows, generally speaking.

I had a nightmare that Gwen had Rose sing "Sweet Escape" because it fits her previous occupation

Also please no "Diamonds" it is overdone and has a history of putting people in danger

(Will edit with my own suggestion later, need time to think)

Hahaha, that's funny/scary. "Sweet Escape" is a way better song than "What Have you Done for me Lately" though, so just imagine ... :D But didn't Rose already do her previous occupation "escape" themed song with "Big White Room"?

Seriously though, can you imagine WILL with "Sweet Escape"??? That would be a riot, and he would absolutely slay the Top 13. I'd even vote for him! :teehee:

"Diamonds" is a certified kiss of death song. That person must not like Rose. >.<

WILL BREMAN

“Wannabe” by Spice Girls-This song can easily be in his wheelhouse if he changes it up

“Perfect” by Ed Sheeran-He needs a slow song to silence his haters

“Uptown Funk It Up” by Bruno Mars-See “Wannabe”

“Invisible” by Hunter Hayes-See “Perfect, plus it’s a song he can likely connect too

Katie Kadan

“Shallow” by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper-Mad suggested by everyone

“Love On The Brain” by Rhianna-She’d slay this

MARYBETH BYRD

Pop route: “Bad Guy” by Billie Eilish-her fans would eat this up

Country route: “I Hope You Dance” by LeAnn Womack-not necessarily safe but it’d fit her like a glove.

KAT HAMMOCK

“She’s Always a Woman”-angelic voice on an angelic song

“Iris”-not a safe song choice but she’d sound lovely on it

“Better Than A Hallelujah” by Amy Grant-soft song and she would connect to it so much

“Like a Prayer” by Madonna-A song that’ll give her a chance to shine upbeat to silence the haters

Will post more suggestions for the remaining artists later

WILL BREMAN

“Wannabe” by Spice Girls-This song can easily be in his wheelhouse if he changes it up

“Perfect” by Ed Sheeran-He needs a slow song to silence his haters

“Uptown Funk It Up” by Bruno Mars-See “Wannabe”

“Invisible” by Hunter Hayes-See “Perfect, plus it’s a song he can likely connect too

Katie Kadan

“Shallow” by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper-Mad suggested by everyone

“Love On The Brain” by Rhianna-She’d slay this

MARYBETH BYRD

Pop route: “Bad Guy” by Billie Eilish-her fans would eat this up

Country route: “I Hope You Dance” by LeAnn Womack-not necessarily safe but it’d fit her like a glove.

KAT HAMMOCK

“She’s Always a Woman”-angelic voice on an angelic song

“Iris”-not a safe song choice but she’d sound lovely on it

“Better Than A Hallelujah” by Amy Grant-soft song and she would connect to it so much

“Like a Prayer” by Madonna-A song that’ll give her a chance to shine upbeat to silence the haters

Will post more suggestions for the remaining artists later

EWW....please do not suggest the overplayed and oversang song to anyone....

Max Boyle:

Saturday Nights (Khalid)

Demons (Imagine Dragons)

Someone You Loved (Lewis Capaldi)

Say You Won't Let Go (James Arthur)

Ricky Duran -- Brothers in Arms (Dire Straits)

The Hoot -- Take Me Home, Country Road (John Denver)

Max—The Boys of Summer by Don Henley

Ricky—Babylon by David Gray

Rose—Raising Hell by Kesha

Joanna—Faith by Stevie Wonder f/Ariana Grande

Katie—Goodbye to You by Scandal

Will—New Shoes by Paulo Nutini

Hello Sunday—Hold On by Wilson Phillips

Cali—Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush

Myracle—Take a Bow by Rihanna

Kat—Lost Boy by Ruth B

Edited by AngelaKD

More song suggestions

Cali Wilson

“Sweater Weather” -The Neighborhood

Or if she wants to be iconic and stick it to team minivan and other bigots

“Girls” by Rita Ora

“You Need To Calm Down” by Taylor Swift

“Feelings” by Haley Kiyoko (this is more of a stealth stick it to them cause the lyrics are ambiguous)

kat's

dream a little dream of me

nothing compares to u

your song

can't help falling in love

not even an suggestion

i think she will sing one or a few of these typically girl-ish songs

"Dream a Little Dream" was already performed this season, so unlikely she'll sing this even though it is in her wheelhouse I suppose.

"Nothing Compares 2 U" is not "typically girl-ish", imo, not the Sinead O'Conner version, nor Prince's (he wrote the song), so that's a no for me. I could see Myracle singing it though.

"Your Song" -- Yes, I've suggested this too (the Ellie Goulding version), not because it's "girly" but because it's a great Elton John piano tune and I believe Kat is at her best on the piano (though she can't be at the piano every week). Tbh, I'd rather someone sing "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" but that song's degree of difficulty might be beyond most singing show competitors, never mind Kat.

"Can't Help Falling in Love" -- And finally, YES to this for Kat, even if it's sort of overdone on singing shows. This will get her to the next round, easy peasy.

Edited by dirActing

Top 13 week is "dedications" week, yes? So with that in mind ...

In order of personal preference (for the coming round):

Kat Hammock - "I Love You" Billie Eilish or "Can't Help Falling in Love" Elvis Presley (I lean toward the former because I think it's a good time for Kat to sing something current, plus she's in no imminent danger, yet, so why play it super safe?)

Rose Short - "Beautiful" Christina Aguilera (Because you ARE, so swing for the fences, Rose! You're also the BEST pure/technical vocalist in field, so believe it! You can achieve!)

Max Boyle - "Dancing on my Own" Robyn (Calum Scott version. I just really want to hear Max sing this so I can compare it to Hunter/Jack and finally decide whether Max is truly brilliant or just a flash in the proverbial pan.)

Myracle Holloway - "Piece by Piece" - Kelly Clarkson (Dedicated to her father), "Psalm 42" Tori Kelly, "Alabaster Box" Cece Winans (both faith dedications), "Nothing Compares 2 U" Sinead O'Connor/Prince, or "Nobody's Perfect" Jessie J.

Joana Martinez - "Masterpiece" Jessie J (Self-discovery/Self-empowerment dedication) I think this is one that Joana can let loose on, both vocally and stage performance wise, and let the audience in on her personality.

Will Breman - "Sweet Escape" Gwen Stefani (because I get the feeling Will's just doing his own thing at this stage and couldn't care less if he were still on the show or not). Another pop flip party from Will! No escape from the show for Will yet though. He'll sail through on the FUN factor alone, plus he could so nail the fast "refrigerator" rap part, No Doubt!

Cali Wilson - "Song for Whoever" The Beautiful South (Ultimate tongue-in-cheek F-U dedication song, plus she doesn't have to change all the female pronouns in the chorus. That aside, I feel this is a REALLY good song for Cali's voice and style.).

Marybeth Byrd - "This Town is Killing Me" Caitlyn Smith (Honestly, I wanted Kyndal to sing this absolutely beautiful song because it's all about trying to make it as a musician in Nashville. I STILL wish to hear this song on the show, and clearly Marybeth's the only one left who could do it justice. Anyone traveling the musician's road could make this one work as a poignant dedication song. I hear a song like this and I sometimes wonder why I don't like country more...)

Katie Kadan - "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" Aretha Franklin, or "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" James Brown -- PLUS, adding "Oh Darling" The Beatles (although, imho, Juliet Simms shut that one down) per the very good suggestion by joe14, and in the same vein, "Maybe I'm Amazed" Paul McCartney & Wings.

Ricky Duran - "Summer of '69" Bryan Adams or "Every Thing I Do (I Do it for You)" Bryan Adams (rather not have to hear to latter song ever again, tbh, although it'd probably by a good safe choice for Ricky).

Hello Sunday - "2 become 1" Spice Girls (Dedicated to US, the Voice audience, because HS really do need to become one, however you wish to interpret that! Just switch "make" love" to "give" love or "sing" love or some such to remove the icky factor. Plus, it has gorgeous harmonies, which they can't muck up, can they? Because if they do, then they need to become none! Or Jhud's "And I am Telling you I'm Not Going" -- Lord help us! :x ! :x ! :x !)

Jake Hoot - Any suitable Brooks and Dunn song (he's going through regardless).

Shane Q - "The Winner Takes It All" Abba (Dedicated to his coach, Kelly Clarkson because, well you know.)

"This Town is Killing Me" - Caitlyn Smith

yhMZ6ADitjM

"I Love You" - Billie Eilish

mhmGwTDpPf0

Edited by dirActing