• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamar and his girlfriend got engaged

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4v4pxJgnQa/

Aww congrats to them.

The S**n stuff has been so exhausting that it actually feels like Lamar was on a different season lol

Honestly. :dead: When they showed Mary in the audience, I had to remind myself that it was only six weeks ago when she left. :haha:

It does all feel like this. :dead:

She's beautiful :wub: Hoping it works better than him and the Kardashian :giggle:

The name is Khloe. :*

:giggle:

So...it looks like Hannah has Rumba as her redemption dance next week.

https://twitter.com/abc7george/status/1194425498933305344

Well, at least those who picked it for the Redemption Dance in the Prediction Game would get points for it, including me.. I wonder what dances the other four would get as Redemption Dances?

Week 10 Press release is up! :w00t:

For this week, there will be two rounds of competitive dance performances and the stakes are high to get into the finals. In the first round, celebrities will repeat a style of dance they struggled with earlier in the season with a new song. The judges will mentor each of the couples. The second round will be the last time the couples will perform to a style of dance they haven’t performed before.

Vying for America’s vote, each couple will dance to a variety of songs including Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger,” The Temptations’ “Get Ready,” Tim McGraw’s “Humble and Kind,” Hozier’s “Take Me To Church,” Vanessa Williams’ “Save the Best for Last,” Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect” and Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You,” among others.

The couples (with their dance styles) are the following:

Country artist Lauren Alaina and Gleb Savchenko (Paso and Viennese Waltz)

Pop star Ally Brooke and Sasha Farber (Viennese Waltz and Charleston)

“The Bachelorette” Hannah Brown and Alan Bersten (Rumba and Contemporary)

Comedian and actor Kel Mitchell and Witney Carson (Tango and Contemporary)

TV and film actor James Van Der Beek and Emma Slater (Cha Cha and Foxtrot)

Link: https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/...-monday-nov-18/

Week 10 Press release is up! :w00t:

For this week, there will be two rounds of competitive dance performances and the stakes are high to get into the finals. In the first round, celebrities will repeat a style of dance they struggled with earlier in the season with a new song. The judges will mentor each of the couples. The second round will be the last time the couples will perform to a style of dance they haven’t performed before.

Vying for America’s vote, each couple will dance to a variety of songs including Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger,” The Temptations’ “Get Ready,” Tim McGraw’s “Humble and Kind,” Hozier’s “Take Me To Church,” Vanessa Williams’ “Save the Best for Last,” Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect” and Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You,” among others.

The couples (with their dance styles) are the following:

Country artist Lauren Alaina and Gleb Savchenko (Paso and Viennese Waltz)

Pop star Ally Brooke and Sasha Farber (Viennese Waltz and Charleston)

“The Bachelorette” Hannah Brown and Alan Bersten (Rumba and Contemporary)

Comedian and actor Kel Mitchell and Witney Carson (Tango and Contemporary)

TV and film actor James Van Der Beek and Emma Slater (Cha Cha and Foxtrot)

Link: https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/...-monday-nov-18/

Bringing over to the new page. (!)

I guessed Kel, Hannah and Lauren correctly I think but was way off with ALly and James :haha:

omg so excited for Hannah and Kel this week :omg:

I think I did well with guessing most of them but then some.... I was wayy off on. :lmao:

I will say, I think the judges made the perfect picks for all of the celebs' weakest dances and choosing them as redemption dances. :yes:I would have liked James having the Quickstep, but his Cha-Cha was weaker so understandable.

Ready for Hannah to SLAY with her Contemporary. Sad that there’s not any Argentine Tangos in the mix, though because any of the four who haven’t danced it would’ve been amazing at it.

In other news, Hannah will be a guest correspondent and interviewing stars on the CMA red carpet tonight.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OnTheRedCarpet/s...686158300745729

although 99.99 percent sure with those choices Ally isn't going anywhere next week (no way they don't give her another perfect night to out weigh the votes altough i have no doubt her viennese waltz will be perfection ) so IDK who is? :shiver:

Pretty sure it’ll be one of Lauren or Kel, as they have landed in the bottom before.

James is clearly running away with the win and Hannah has yet to land in the bottom even when she gets the nitpicky critiques and harsher scores than the other contenders.

Pretty sure it’ll be one of Lauren or Kel, as they have landed in the bottom before.

James is clearly running away with the win and Hannah has yet to land in the bottom even when she gets the nitpicky critiques and harsher scores than the other contenders.

I think that's possible and between three of Ally, Kel and Lauren now.

I was thinking about this earlier today/yesterday and feel the judges have been quite nitpicky with James too. Not as much and noticeable like with Hannah. But makes me think both of them are doing really well and running away with the vote.

Automatically eliminate whoever is dancing to Ed Sheeran. :*

Let's see you change your tune when James dances to him. :* Although it's still odd to me you don't like a ginger WGWG.

Although with his dance styles, I don't think that will happen lmao.

Let's see you change your tune when James dances to him. :* Although it's still odd to me you don't like a ginger WGWG.

Although with his dance styles, I don't think that will happen lmao.

Well it’d be a crappy way to lose the only good contestant this season, but I don’t make the rules.

I still think James is the most likely winner for sure, however I'm still not ruling out Hannah. Although her journey arc with the judges started a little late, it's still been really great for her and she's blossomed in the last two weeks. And even though the judges were tough on her, it didn't massively affect her in scores... she's only 3 points behind James overall. Also I really like James, but I do kinda feel like his journey's been a little one-note? I feel like the other four all have had bigger journeys over the season, and hey, we saw last season that having that 'growth arc' (lol) can sometimes be more compelling to the voters.

So yeah, still banking on James, but considering how Hannah's never dipped into the bottom two, I'd be willing to say she's doing pretty good in the votes and her chances in this aren't DOA - and also, I feel like she's got a really good combo of dances this week.

Outside of the top 2 I think it could go any way really - I don't think I see Lauren beating anyone in a bottom 2 though and so if she does end up there next week that'll probably be her last.

EDIT:

I've mostly avoided the DWTS Facebook this season because I don't need to see all the comments for S**n, but on the whole had seen mostly positive comments for all of the contestants here and there. Hadn't really read too much into it because it was usually on posts about the celebrity itself, but after thinking about voting scenarios, etc., I just decided to have another look to see where the main interest is now the elephant is out of the room.

James is KILLING it in the Facebook comments, lol. I thought he'd probably be the most popular but I expected it to be fairly equal for the mostpart... but he's far and ahead the most popular on there.

I was expecting either Hannah or Lauren to be the next popular but interestingly enough Kel is getting a lot of love & support and from the quick look I had it felt that he was probably getting the second most love after James, at least on the more general posts. Of course this may mean nothing, and I didn't look in past weeks so he may have been getting that all along, but I wonder if he's had a real boost in votes ever since his bottom 2 appearance.

From what I saw it felt like Lauren probably had the biggest support for the girls on FB... and for what Ally/Hannah are slightly lacking on there, they're making up for on the other platforms with a younger demo, since they seem to have the largest Twitter/IG presences.

Anyway, TL;DR from my ~5 minutes of looking at Facebook before I saw one S**n post and logged off - James, Kel and Lauren seem to be the FB darlings, Hannah and Ally less so but they're bigger on the other platforms, and I am killing time looking at all this instead of doing actual work.

Edited by ImSomebody

I can't find the link just yet and when I do I'll add it in, but I've seen some screenshots on Twitter of what seems to be a bonus press release, confirming everyone's songs, dances and redemption mentors. See below:

Lauren & Gleb

Paso Doble - "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson (mentor: Len)

Viennese Waltz - "Humble and Kind" by Tim McGraw

Ally & Sasha

Viennese Waltz - "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran (mentor: Len)

Charleston - "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Ray Chew Live

James & Emma

Cha-Cha - "Canned Heat" by Jamiroquai (mentor: Len)

Foxtrot - "Take Me to Church" by Hozier

Hannah & Alan

Rumba - "Dancing with a Stranger" by Sam Smith & Normani (mentor: Carrie Ann)

Contemporary - "Lose You to Love Me" by Selena Gomez

Kel & Witney

Tango - "Get Ready" by The Temptations (mentor: Bruno)

Contemporary - "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston

- Lol "Save the Best for Last" was the song I was most excited for this week and of course it's not even being danced to.

- Lauren's choices feel a little snoozy but I can see the Viennese Waltz being a great dance for her.

- Ally's Charleston is going to be amazing I already know it. Ally following Normani's footsteps by having an iconic Ray Chew-led semi-final dance! I don't care for "Perfect" but I think it's a nice choice for her.

- Interesting that James has been given Rumer's Foxtrot song. So excited for his Cha-Cha too

- Hannah's combo just seems perfect. Love the Rumba song, not as big a fan of the Contemporary song but it seems like a great choice for her and I can see her bringing a great/emotional performance.

- Kel's dances I'm not quite sure on yet. I feel like "Get Ready" better fits a Cha-Cha, but I'm excited for a Witney Contemporary.

Edited by ImSomebody

Automatically eliminate whoever is dancing to Ed Sheeran. :*

Ally & Sasha

Viennese Waltz - "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran (mentor: Len)

I said what I said. :*

I was expecting either Hannah or Lauren to be the next popular but interestingly enough Kel is getting a lot of love & support and from the quick look I had it felt that he was probably getting the second most love after James, at least on the more general posts
I mean, I think the reason most of us expected Kel to be in danger was because the minorities struggled in votes this season and he was in the B2 earlier. But that said, Kel & James probably fit a similar demographic (90s nostalgia) and Kel's B2 appearance can also be attributed to him being kind of rough the routines leading up to that. But considering the amount of times we all thought he'd be there since and for him to not have landed in the B2 since probably says he's doing better in the votes than we think he is. Especially given that Witney is a relatively popular female pro. :haha:

I mean, I think the reason most of us expected Kel to be in danger was because the minorities struggled in votes this season and he was in the B2 earlier. But that said, Kel & James probably fit a similar demographic (90s nostalgia) and Kel's B2 appearance can also be attributed to him being kind of rough the routines leading up to that. But considering the amount of times we all thought he'd be there since and for him to not have landed in the B2 since probably says he's doing better in the votes than we think he is. Especially given that Witney is a relatively popular female pro. :haha:

Yeah, I think I've completely underestimated his growth arc for sure. Because he landed in the bottom once I've kinda been waiting for him to end up there again.. but I hadn't really taken into consideration how he has made huge improvements from Week 3 til now (IMO the most improved). I did think this with the similarities of him and James too, and wondered if they could cancel each other out there... but FB seems to be fine in supporting both so hopefully translates to votes!

Another TL;DR - Kel's Kelly Monaco trajectory is now confirmed :wub:

I did think this with the similarities of him and James too, and wondered if they could cancel each other out there... but FB seems to be fine in supporting both so hopefully translates to votes!
It's probably not an issue this season since you can cast ten votes per contestant rather than just ten votes total like in seasons past.

Another TL;DR - Kel's Kelly Monaco trajectory is now confirmed :wub:
Season one champion, all stars underdog, season 20 cameo dancer, celebrity trio participant and 2017 rankdown's first official bring back contestant Kelly Monaco's impact. :wub: