DWTS Season 28 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

98° are also from Cincinnati so they were a constant fixture for me growing up. :haha:

Though this discussion is irrelevant because we all know the true greatest boy band. :*

iwykvrwvWW4

Ooh I get it then :haha:

Omg :dead: It took me a moment then I remembered the iconic movie this was from :wub:

Ooh they didn't? That's not too surprising since the UK definitely had their fair share of boy bands at that time. They were kinda popular in the U.S. but were always overshadowed by *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys, So yeah if 98 Degrees weren't THAT huge in the U.S., I can see them not making much of a dent in the UK.

Mhmm pretty much this. I think they maybe had one song which did pretty well which was the song with Mariah..but otherwise it was mostly *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys :wub::haha:

Edited by ImSomebody

I take it Wally’s never seen the Josie and the Pussycats movie. :giggle:

I have not but i see I am missing out. :'( :haha:

Mhmm pretty much this. I think they maybe had one song which did pretty well which was the song with Mariah..but otherwise it was mostly *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys :wub::haha:

Ooh yess, "Thank God I Found You" which also ahd the R&B singer Joe. I loved that song.

I can only hope that Sean will not do good with the Samba or Argentine Tango and his scores will actually be extremely separated from the other 5. and he will finally be in the B2.

I don’t think he’ll do well with the Samba. That’s such a difficult dance and he will probably be stiff. He might do better with the Argentine Tango but that requires a sexiness that I don’t think he has. Oh, and his military-style Tango doesn’t give me much hope either.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

Andrew and I were watching one of those holiday cooking competitions on Food Network. This girl was in the B2 for four weeks in a row before she got eliminated, and she looked more relieved post-elimination than queen Mischa. :dead:

:haha:

I can only hope that Sean will not do good with the Samba or Argentine Tango and his scores will actually be extremely separated from the other 5. and he will finally be in the B2.

We can only hope and pray. :shiver: He does have two very difficult styles, and with two dances, hopefully his public vote count isn't too high to take over the other celebs. Like Belle said, I do expect him to score re higher with the AT over the Samba, but yeah..... Hoping for the best. If he does go, I would really like this Top 5 and my actual Top 5 would be the Top 5 of the season but gah not too hopeful. :shiver:

I’m sure we’ll get more “just stand there and I’ll do all the dancing” choreography from Jenna. :giggle:

Maybe he’ll get a 48 combined total and everyone else will be in the 70-80 range with theirs, but that might not be enough to get him in the bottom 2 (especially if Tr*mp tweets about voting again).

Also watched a bit more of Karamo on Watch What Happens Live, and he says he's rooting for James or Ally to win.

Love the choices although we all know Ally has no shot. :broken:

Sean in the bottom two when there’s still two minorities to make up a bottom two? Let us pray.

:haha:

I’m sure we’ll get more “just stand there and I’ll do all the dancing” choreography from Jenna. :giggle:

Maybe he’ll get a 48 combined total and everyone else will be in the 70-80 range with theirs, but that might not be enough to get him in the bottom 2 (especially if Tr*mp tweets about voting again).

:giggle::dead:

That would certainly be hopeful, although I do expect Sean to get a few 7's to get in the 50 range. But yea if he can overcome the odds of having 50 points compared to everyone else's 70-80 points, then that's really scary. :shiver:

Spoiler: S**n apparently has Argentine Tango and Foxtrot instead of Samba. Not sure if Foxtrot over Samba is a good or bad thing, Foxtrots are supposed to be really hard according to Strictly but they aren't judged by the same standard on DWTS. It's like if you manage to smile then it's a good Foxtrot.

Spoiler: S**n apparently has Argentine Tango and Foxtrot instead of Samba. Not sure if Foxtrot over Samba is a good or bad thing, Foxtrots are supposed to be really hard according to Strictly but they aren't judged by the same standard on DWTS. It's like if you manage to smile then it's a good Foxtrot.

Not really good news.

Hannah just won Best Reality Show Contestant of 2019 at E! People Choice Awards. :w00t: Congrats to her!

Give Sean a combined 8 and everyone else gets a combined 80. :*

Lmaooo like the judges are smart enough to make this happen. :dead:

Hmm interesting change. But ugh this screws us over in the styles predictions. Yeah the Foxtrot doesn't get stressed enough on how difficult it is on DWTS like on Strictly. Sooo yeah the style change def works in favor for Sean, as only Len mayyy pickup on the technical faults. It's not as noticeable as Samba technical faults.

Hannah and Tyler in the same room I was not well. Congrats Hannah!! So happy for her.

I saw Tyler there too. Curious if they interacted with each other or saw each other or something.

I did see Colton hug Hannah right as it was announced when she won. :lol:

Time for an end-of-the-week Youtube stats update. Didn't do the overall dances but I'll try to do so next week.

DWTS Season 28, Week 8 - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Monday 11/11 @ 7:00 PM)

1. Hannah & Alan - Quickstep: 448,583 views / 3,985 likes / 168 dislikes

2. Hannah & Alan and Lauren & Gleb - Salsa Dance Off: 373,395 views / 2,549 likes / 75 dislikes

3. Sean & Jenna - Jazz: 184,716 views / 1,237 likes / 708 dislikes

4. Ally & Sasha - Paso Doble: 152,089 views / 4,697 likes / 84 dislikes

5. James & Emma - Contemporary: 149,318 views / 2,033 likes / 24 dislikes

6. Ally & Sasha and Kel & Witney - Jive Dance Off: 122,089 views / 1,273 likes / 20 dislikes

7. Lauren & Gleb - Jive: 111,046 views / 1,099 likes / 67 dislikes

8. Kel & Witney - Salsa: 91,479 views / 1,553 likes / 28 dislikes

9. Kate & Pasha and Sean & Jenna Cha-Cha Dance Off: 78,274 views / 533 likes / 51 dislikes

10. Kate & Pasha - Jive: 53,760 views / 723 likes / 16 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Ally & Sasha - Paso Doble

2. Hannah & Alan - Quickstep

3. Hannah & Alan and Lauren & Gleb - Salsa Dance Off

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Kate & Pasha and Sean & Jenna Cha-Cha Dance Off

2. Kate & Pasha - Jive

3. Lauren & Gleb - Jive

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Sean & Jenna - Jazz

2. Hannah & Alan - Quickstep