The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

TBH i think Katie is winning. Everything with social media numbers and all that convinces me of that.

To me i basically think 75% that it's Katie and 25% its jake. If anyone beats her it'll be him but he's gonna have to wow casual viewers.

I also think the show wants Katie to win.

The only reason why i think theres even a slight chance of an upset with her is because she's not like the type that typically win the show, but i also havent seen anyone match up with her social media numbers like ive seen in the past with upsets.

I want Rose to win but she wont. I think the best i can hope for is she manages 3rd but even that i doubt with the TB fanbase.

^True. If she wins, Katie won't be your typical Voice winner. The closest finalist Katie reminds me of is Jordan in that she's a force of nature as an artist as well. He was TCO, and so is she imo.

Jordan was only 22 though, and had this huge Christian following among viewers.

She'd be the same age as Josh, who I believe is the oldest winner to date. Sundance was a year younger

And I was wondering if her large fanbase might also include overseas fans who can't vote :lol:

In the past, country fans, who are a sizable portion of the voters, weren't very active on SM. Maybe part of them still aren't.:

Minivan seems to use Facebook mostly, and Katie is dominating those numbers so I'd say she's Minivan's favorite.

Bottom line is, if Jake does win, TPTB will have had the last laugh making us doubt what we all predicted at the beginning of the season, i.e. that Jake would win. :haha:

Joke's on TPTB! I predicted neither Katie nor Jake would win season 17, so I'm in a win-win situation here, so to speak :roll:

TBH i think Katie is winning. Everything with social media numbers and all that convinces me of that.

To me i basically think 75% that it's Katie and 25% its jake. If anyone beats her it'll be him but he's gonna have to wow casual viewers.

I also think the show wants Katie to win.

The only reason why i think theres even a slight chance of an upset with her is because she's not like the type that typically win the show, but i also havent seen anyone match up with her social media numbers like ive seen in the past with upsets.

I want Rose to win but she wont. I think the best i can hope for is she manages 3rd but even that i doubt with the TB fanbase.

I agree. Since Hello Sunday is out, everything points to a Katie win.

I predicted neither Katie nor Jake would win season 17, so I'm in a win-win situation here, so to speak :roll:

I agree. Since Hello Sunday is out, everything points to a Katie win.

:haha: at both comments.

tbh, I have fun speculating about which one's gonna win--just being your typical IDFer :P --but I'd be fine with either one winning bc for what seems like forever, I don't mind who does this time. I do feel for Katie's fans who will probably be a bit on edge tomorrow. I feel for Jake's fans as well but they're so rare in this forum :ph34r:

I couldn’t help but notice Hoot has only done ballads throughout his entire run, including the duet, while the other 3 have gone uptempo. Will we finally get to see that side of him this week? Rock it out, Jake!

yes!! what's the country equivalent of fkn lady marmalade...lol

My personal impression of the demo is that Jake is more likely to be the one with more universal appeal among viewers than Katie.

country, universal appeal?? hmmm

They obviously are pimping her with a ballad and will slay the votes, is my prediction.

your mind!!

If the 3 were reasonably close, they’d probably try to get Blake another win. Ricky’s SM numbers have been similar to Jake’s the last few weeks. I’m not ruling out a big surprise. This is the first time since S11 he’s only had one finalist.

love ricky, but it ain't happening

I heard Emily Ann gave off a little bit of a fight to Jordan. Pimp spot with Burning House, secured 2nd place at least ahead of Barrett and Jeffrey.

I think this will lead that way this season as well. Jake to give off a fight, but with Katie's power it should give her the win. Katie will also receive the pimp spot to secure her stance against the other final 4.

Edited by QueenMae16

Pimp spot in the finale seems overrated. I think by that time most people's minds are made up. Plus it seems like that person loses a lot.

The finale pimp spot tends to win often. Since S13, they have only lost once being Kennedy (Chloe, Brynn, and Maelyn all closed the finale I believe) not sure about previous seasons, but I’m assuming Season 12 was either Chris or Lauren.

The finale pimp spot tends to win often. Since S13, they have only lost once being Kennedy (Chloe, Brynn, and Maelyn all closed the finale I believe) not sure about previous seasons, but I’m assuming Season 12 was either Chris or Lauren.

Season twelve was Chris. I believe that Lauren never closed. Or if she did, only once, but not the finale.

I think they usually know who’s going to win. They gave Emily Ann the pimp spot, but I doubt they thought she had a chance to win. Maybe they just wanted her to finish ahead of Barrett.

The fact that Kennedy still finished 4th after that tells us all we need to know about the effectiveness of the pimp spot.

If Katie has a big lead, she could probably perform a different arrangement of Lady Marmalade and still win.

tbh, I have fun speculating about which one's gonna win--just being your typical IDFer :P --but I'd be fine with either one winning bc for what seems like forever, I don't mind who does this time. I do feel for Katie's fans who will probably be a bit on edge tomorrow. I feel for Jake's fans as well but they're so rare in this forum :ph34r:

Speculating is fun :D. I have very specific reasons to root for the Hoot, but ultimately, i'm pretty indifferent to the result. Katie and Rose are the best singers/contestants this season so Katie winning would be a totally fine outcome. :thumbs:

Definitely on the Edge. I want to be optimistic, but I cannot ignore Jake’s streaming following and even comments i read. But I do hope there are more Katie Fanatics based on her Fans on Twitter, IG, FB. But on edge for sure. Ummmmm ummmm need to pop some calming gummies. Lol

Definitely on the Edge. I want to be optimistic, but I cannot ignore Jake’s streaming following and even comments i read. But I do hope there are more Katie Fanatics based on her Fans on Twitter, IG, FB. But on edge for sure. Ummmmm ummmm need to pop some calming gummies. Lol

I'm gonna be far more relaxed during this finale then most since I don't really care who wins out of this group. Usually I am a mess. :haha:

I think they usually know who’s going to win. They gave Emily Ann the pimp spot, but I doubt they thought she had a chance to win. Maybe they just wanted her to finish ahead of Barrett.

The fact that Kennedy still finished 4th after that tells us all we need to know about the effectiveness of the pimp spot.

If Katie has a big lead, she could probably perform a different arrangement of Lady Marmalade and still win.

Yeah I have always said the finale pimp spot is not that important. The bloodbath one is way more important. I think winners in the pimp spot won in spite of the pimp spot and not because of it.

I think producers usually want some form of a strong closer while avoiding giving it to a contestant two weeks in a row. Thus, Emily Ann got it as opposed to Jordan for example. I think they knew Kennedy's performance would garner the most reaction which is why they put her there. I doubt they thought she would win or anything.

Edited by joe14

Count me on the team of thinking the finale pimp spot doesnt mean as much, i agree that most people know who they want going into the finale. i think only some casual viewers will change their minds.

At the end of the day TPTB can only do so much to get the votes to go in the way they want. For example: I realllyy dont think TPTB wanted Chevel to win at all, in fact i thought their kennedy pimping was extremely obvious that they wanted her to win, yet she got 4th.