The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

Derek's only done one cut, so we still have four names left. I think I may be partially to blame, since I must've accidentally taken S7 Kennedy out of the list in the first post when I took out AS3 Kennedy.

@Zoey0069 - Not a big deal since no one else was around to do it, but going forward, if you only post a SAVE without the adjoining CUT (or vice versa), it isn't valid and another ranker can void that decision. You need to post the full decision for it to count.

@*Lily will need to cut two and save one of the remaining four. @FrogLenzen still needs a second cut.

Alexis Mateo (S3)
Chad Michaels (S4)
Kennedy Davenport (S7)
Blu Hydrangea (UK1)

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

@*Lily will need to cut two and save one of the remaining four. @FrogLenzen still needs a second cut.

Alexis Mateo (S3)
Chad Michaels (S4)
Kennedy Davenport (S7)
Blu Hydrangea (UK1)

Just realized if @*Lily makes her decisions first, she'll basically dictate who Derek's second write-up will be on. :dead: 

KENNEDY DAVENPORT (S7)

season 7 7x7 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Newark. LaGuardia. Kennedy Davenport. The Dancing Diva of Texas. Kennedy was on Season 7 of Drag Race and made it to Top 4. She was part of the old lady brigade and had feuds with the younger queens, like Violet and Pearl. Kennedy had a run that I think was underrated for her original season, mostly because people were pissed when she sent Katya home. I was pissed too, not because I disliked Kennedy but because I liked Katya. But it's hard to argue with a Davenport jump-split off the stage. When she decided to do Snatch Game as a man, I was totally confused and thought she was crazy. But then she absolutely murdered the challenge and I think it was her best moment in all seasons. For some reason, Ru felt compelled to award a double win for that challenge and let Ginger share the spotlight. Ginger was funny as Adele but I think Kennedy's Little Richard was miles ahead and deserved a solo win. Whatever. I will never get over Kennedy's dead runway as the effed up horse-chicken-fire-crystal disaster mess. Like just admit you didn't bring anything good for the challenge. What was that. Seriously. And her explanation is iconic but made her seem mental. Anyway, I don't think she deserves to be out this early but that's the fun of rankdowns I guess. 

8 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

For some reason, Ru felt compelled to award a double win for that challenge and let Ginger share the spotlight. 

Because God forbid Adele doesn’t win an award. :yawn:

But real talk, it’s probably because Ru ans Michelle have some vendetta against boy drag. 

16 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Because God forbid Adele doesn’t win an award. :yawn:

But real talk, it’s probably because Ru ans Michelle have some vendetta against boy drag. 

The Adele hate is not a cute look on you. (CC: @1234567890

And exactly this which is why I also assume that Viv did not win the snatch game by herself. 

While we await @*Lily’s battle, everyone PM me the name of one queen you’d like to grant immunity to for the next cycle, and choose a number from the list below. This will NOT be the nominating order, but is to determine your requirement for nominations in cycle three.

Chad Michaels

source.gif

Chad is obviously an iconic queen. She did a really good job in Season 4, winning two challenges, the wrestling challenge (a joint win with Madame LaQueer of all people), and then of course Snatch Game which was a real highlight for her, being a Cher impersonator. Season 4 Snatch Game as we know was a mess and outside of the top 3 (and tbh maybe Dida?) everyone pretty much sucked there, giving Chad all the more opportunities to shine. Chad had some great runways too, one of my favorites being her inaugural ball look which was fantastic. She was definitely one of the season's stronger competitors but in the end, Sharon had 4 wins and was the better suiting winner. Of course, we saw Chad get to come back and win the messiest season of all time, but since this is a Season 4 write-up I'll keep it to that.

14 minutes ago, Elliott said:

While we await @*Lily’s battle, everyone PM me the name of one queen you’d like to grant immunity to for the next cycle, and choose a number from the list below. This will NOT be the nominating order, but is to determine your requirement for nominations in cycle three.

So do we post a number here or do we PM that to you too? Guessing we pick here but wanted to double check :haha:

18 minutes ago, Elliott said:

2. Zoey

Blu Hydrangea

tumblr_pytgzs2tSV1xfkv4go1_540.gif?ssl=1

Aww I'm sad to cut Blu here. She was great on this season but Alexis is iconic so I'm just gonna have to spare her. Blu was a great addition to the first UK season, someone I initially was indifferent on and ended up growing to really like. Her stand-out moments were probably - being a part of the Frock Destroyers of course and killing her verse alongside Divina and Baga, turning Mary Berry into a sex freak for no real reason for Snatch Game, and then some of her looks were fantastic too (I particularly loved her eye look). She was a sweetheart and would have been a worthy Miss Congeniality had this season had one, but then I think a few of the queens were worthy of that too. Can't wait to see her growth and if we get a UK All-Stars in the future I'd like to see her there!

• Sad 1