America's Got Talent

istersay

On 5/4/2022 at 10:58 PM, RTV said:

that's so sad, I always worry about the dangerous acts they get on there

AGT: Extreme's Jonathan Goodwin Is Paralyzed After On-Set Injury, Says Fiancée: 'He Nearly Died'

Jonathan Goodwin's fiancée, Amanda Abbington, told the Out to Lunch podcast that Goodwin "broke his spine and severed his spinal cord" in the accident that happened last October
By Dan HechingMay 03, 2022 07:33 PM

• 3 weeks later...

On tonight :w00twave:

hopefully one of these works

stream 1 ET 

stream 2 ET w/VPN

stream 3

America's Got Talent

Auditions 1
SEASON 17, EPISODE 1 • PREMIERE

8:00 PM ON NBC 3 • TV-PG • STEREO • CC

Simon Cowell, Sofia Vergara, Heidi Klum, Howie Mandel and host Terry Crews return; variety acts and contestants of all ages audition for the chance to win $1 million; the golden buzzer allows a lucky act the chance to go directly to the live shows.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't watch this show but just saw Sara James on my Youtube timeline! Though I've always lived in Canada I'm Polish, so I know of her. She's already a pop star in Poland with radio hits despite being 14. Hope she gets some good exposure :spaz:

Her father is Nigerian, but appeared on X Factor Poland. His audition:

http://www.video.banzaj.pl/film/8251/john-egwu-james---nigeryjczyk-z-poznania-zrobil-show-w-x-factor/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chapel Hart Band did a great job this week. Surprised to see them on AGT - they've been around for a little while and have had good notices. They're answering posts on Twitter after the AGT postings of the performance and said they felt they'd gotten stuck so figured why not?

• Like 2

Chapel Hart is working it. 🙂

They had obligations on Aug. 20 but agreed with the Opry on September 17. Couldn't guess how they'll eventually do with voters, but they got some pop from that performance. Saw articles in Billboard, People, CMT and Taste of Country among others. Darius Rucker announced they're appearing on his next album, and Loretta Lynn tweeted that they should do one of her songs next.

Edited by WastedinMemphis

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of this year's format at all. We're getting so few performances and the cuts are so huge. :(  It's disappointing.

That said, the first live show went fine for me. I easily predicted the two who would go through and can't fault the results (although I might have hoped Don snuck in there :giggle: ). Drake was my favorite of the group. :yes: 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 7:29 AM, kamil24 said:

I don't watch this show but just saw Sara James on my Youtube timeline! Though I've always lived in Canada I'm Polish, so I know of her. She's already a pop star in Poland with radio hits despite being 14. Hope she gets some good exposure :spaz:

Her father is Nigerian, but appeared on X Factor Poland. His audition:

http://www.video.banzaj.pl/film/8251/john-egwu-james---nigeryjczyk-z-poznania-zrobil-show-w-x-factor/

On 6/17/2022 at 12:21 PM, paparizouqueen said:

Sara James represented Poland in Junior eurovision 2021 and ended 2nd with this song

Video

Live performance

And here, being an icon

Ooh, I love her. :wub:  This is so fun to see! 

On 7/21/2022 at 6:28 AM, WastedinMemphis said:

Chapel Hart Band did a great job this week. Surprised to see them on AGT - they've been around for a little while and have had good notices. They're answering posts on Twitter after the AGT postings of the performance and said they felt they'd gotten stuck so figured why not?

I love them too. So many music acts I love this year. :haha: 

I'm rooting for Chapel Hart and Avery Dixon (the saxophone player). Excited about what Chapel Hart perform next since they said in an interview they are striving to perform all original music. 

Disappointed that Debbii Dawson did not make it. 

I'm irritated that Drake is in the competition since he already has a deal with Broken Bow Records under the Stoney Creek Imprint and is only on the show to promote his new album coming out September 15. There are other acts that need this opportunity more than him (since he is already signed), yet he is likely to win. I could see if he was like the Chapel Hart ladies, who are independent artists still looking for a record deal, even though they have put out 2 albums. 

Drake Milligan - BBR Music Group

Drake Milligan Announces Debut Album, 'Dallas/Fort Worth' (tasteofcountry.com)

Drake Milligan Signs With BBR Music Group/Stoney Creek Records, Debut EP Due July 23 - MusicRow.com

Edited by BlkCountryFan
  • Like 1