Abi Carter vs Asher HaVon

nytsch

Choose  

41 members have voted

1. 1. AI vs TV

• Abi Carter
    • Asher HaVon

For once two popular artists on IDF won these shows, but who do you prefer?

Mine is Abi, they were both my snowflakes but Abi’s tone is very hard to beat for me, one of my favorites I ever heard on a singing show.

Abi's off nights were definitely worse than Asher's (and there were quite a few of those imo). But I think Abi at her best connected to songs in a way I didn't feel from Asher. She also had the more interesting run, with her song choices having tons of variety.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

i’ve been watching this seasons the voice performances on youtube and def abi. asher will prob win the poll bc this is the voice’s forum LOL but there is no question about it.

not only she had 15 competitive performances (and 18 overall) but never delivered anything less than a B-/B/B+ imo. her worst performances were all too well and my mind where she struggled with pitch/arrangement but they were still pretty decent and had some good moments to it. what was i made for, welcome to the black parade, goodbye yellow brickroad, clocks, bring me to life, my songs know what you did in the dark, hello, part of your world, bed of roses and somewhere all ranged from good to amazing (with what was i made for, goodbye yellow brickroad, bring me to life, hello and bed of roses being her top 5 in my opinion). tone for days, versatility, great songchoices, variety of tempos. iconic run tbh. the best from any contestant from the abc idol era.

asher is good and i think he’s a deserving winner but with this awful short format he didn’t got enough opportunities (and the luxury) to experiment, grow and deliver as many moments as abi so it almost feels unfair to compare. i would love to see him in a earlier voice season where he could give us more content than he was allowed to. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 5

yeah i said this in the other thread for TV vs. AI but it's really just not an even playing field at all to compare the contestants from both shows at this point.

like Triston very well could've won a modern season of The Voice with how few solo (especially live) performances contestants give.

• Like 1

This is incredibly hard for me because I love both equally. They both were super consistent throughout their whole run. Neither of the two had an off night. Every single performances of theirs have been incredible, even their song choices. They both just never disappoint. I gave the vote to Asher because of his bigger voice. Both amazing in their own right. Abi had a longer run than Asher but both were super consistent with no bad performances. Those two just doesn't know how to have an off night which is what I love about them. Always so perfect and flawless every single performances. 

Asher easily.better vocally as well as his song choices.

10 hours ago, m1key said:

yeah i said this in the other thread for TV vs. AI but it's really just not an even playing field at all to compare the contestants from both shows at this point.

like Triston very well could've won a modern season of The Voice with how few solo (especially live) performances contestants give.

Yeah fair point, I think for me personally based on comparing things like tone, vocal ability (what they showed at least) and their best performances, I’d be likely to choose Abi either way, but obviously the performances make a difference too.

Would probably have gotten a different result posting this in the Idol subforum (plenty of Abi stans over there lol) but I figured it’d get more votes here.

55 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Would probably have gotten a different result posting this in the Idol subforum (plenty of Abi stans over there lol) but I figured it’d get more votes here.

Oh yeah if this was posted in the idol section it would definitely have a different result. :dead:

While Asher may be technically better (and not by far) Abi connected emotionally WAY more imo. Like her vocal was so emotional and she had me in the palm of her hand. (Hello and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road for example) But then  she can do things like Bring Me To Life and My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark. So yeah, Abi takes this for me, but Asher is also awesome and so glad he won!!